Stepping Stones Employee Reviews

Excellent people to work with
Furniture Porter (Former Employee) –  Bonnyrigg, Midlothian17 September 2018
Had a lot of fun, a lot of exercise and excellent people to work with. Day to day I was moving Furniture going place to place delivering or removing stated items taught the correct way of moving Furniture as well as dealing with Customers Face to Face.
Trainee
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Caithness, Highland16 March 2018
It was a training placement as part of my college course. This was from 2014-2015. It was a three month placement to gain experience supporting individuals with mental health issues.
Bad job
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Newnham30 January 2018
The staff are all so rude, the clients don't always get the support they need because of the dramas that 99% off staff bring to work with them when they come in and the management are just terrible, you are bullied into working long hours by the shift manager
Pros
Free food
Cons
Made to work long hours and the staff are appalling
Great staff not so great management
Nursery Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Cannock5 July 2017
typical day at work was routine structured. I learnt what different activities to do with children to support their development. I don't really rate the management. They are patronising and make the rules up as they go. Management don't listen to your issues or concerns. No consideration given to staff when needed. Most enjoyable part of the job was being with the children and seeing them progress their learning.
Pros
Great welcome from the children in the morning
Cons
Bad management
Childcare Cook (Former Employee) –  Luton25 April 2017
Great management, great staff, do the best for the women they work with. Always thinking of what they can do next. Staff are treated well. Childcare is run very well.
Fun workplace and good team
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, UK12 April 2017
Day starts very busy with settling the children back to routine specially after holidays. But everyday is a new challenge and new learning from children with different questions.
The management takes very good care of children & staff. Getting involved in some many different and creative activities, helping children with snacks, playing with them, telling stories is all so much fun. One must enjoy in whatever she/he does.
Nothing is too difficult or easy , its the approach and the way we take it. Most enjoyable part is laughing and playing with chilren and become like them when with them. They have lot to teach us!

A smile always on your face makes the work and environment at work so good to work!
Every day is different
Day Care Assistant - Serving meals and drinks (Former Employee) –  Heanor, UK19 January 2017
It was nice getting to know the residents and listening to their stories, I learned how to play dominoes, and the staff are really lovely to work with.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Not in my career interest
fun workplace
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Austell5 January 2017
I only did a bit of experience here but it was great fun and a typical day involved making sure all the children were happy and being involved in different daily activities. I learnt a lot from being here and it helped me decide on my future career. the co workers were brilliant and all so lovely. The enjoyable part of the job was getting to know all the children and loving what you do.
i am doing volunteering
Nursery Assistant Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Congleton23 October 2016
The nursery is caring about the children .It helps them start going to primary.And make friends , we teach them small and simple things. (Like colours,shapes size and reading small books)
We take time step by step
I really enjoy working with little kids!
Pros
i bring my lanch from home
Cons
i do around 8 hours
Friendly workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London19 September 2016
Gained a lot of experience:

Managing the shop independently, receiving phone calls and dealing with customer queries, scheduling appointments, communication with customers, financing, writing invoices & receipts, being attentive to all staff members and employees, cleaning, managing expensive jewellery, taking on the responsibility of the store.
stepping stones
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kirkham, ENG9 November 2015
its was really good working cos i got to knew everybody who worked there. it was fun cos i helped the children draw and color pictures
Cons
13 hours
very rewarding volountary assistant post
Volunteer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lisburn, NIR20 October 2015
A very rewarding post as a vountary assistant working with the learning disabled. This entailed enabling trainees to attain work skills such as picture framing and stationary design.
Pros
lots of experience working with the learning disabled
Cons
I learned about young people with learning difficulties
Admin reception (Former Employee) –  Lisburn31 July 2015
my day would begin with answering the telephone, then I would do some photocopying and filing. The staff provide good support when you are with the clients as they have all got different diagnosis. The hardest part of the job would be the responsibility of the clients as their parents leave them at the charity, it is the charities overall responsibility to care for the clients. The Charity is a safe environment that can be enjoyed as you do your work.
Fun workplace
Childcare (Former Employee) –  Spalding, ENG28 January 2015
A typical day at work was playing with the children.
I learned how to look after children.
The management was really good and helpful.
My co-workers were kind and was helpful.
The hardest part of the job was when the children was upset.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when I got to play all sorts of games with the children.
Pros
Packed lunched
Cons
Short hours a day
rewarding
labourer/removal man (Former Employee) –  bonnyrigg25 January 2015
i found this position a good fit as i prefer to be on the go and constantly busy.
The team was great .a good bunsh of lads.
Never had any issues with the boss or the floor manager.
The hardest part of the job was cycling there in the morning .
Pros
perks
Cons
the shop being quiet
Brilliant Company
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Brislington, ENG7 November 2014
Friendly staff that guided me in my position. Management was well organised and co-workers friendly and helpful. Hardest part was transport as a student. Most enjoyable was the environment and positive feeling around it.
Nice place to work
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, ENG8 October 2014
Stepping stones is a nice place to work but the managment isnt very good. I enjoyed my short time there.
Friendly workplace
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, ENG22 May 2014
A typical day at work, would be setting up the nursery ready for when the children arrived. I learnt how to do work with children with different disabilities. My co-workers, were very friendly and understanding of the children's needs, they supported me when working, and encourage me to do the right thing. I believe the hardest part was coming to terms with the disabilities the children had and understanding how frustrated they would get with one another when they can't understand each other. The most enjoyable part of the job, is working one to one with the children and really getting to know their personality.
Pros
Learning new ways to inter-react with the children
Cons
Very short hours
fun place to work
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester, ENG13 December 2013
Helped with the children and did a lot of cleaning up also preped what the children work going to do and helped them with things.
Pros
had fun
Cons
did get a job
good nursery
Nursery Nurse/ Bank staff (Former Employee) –  hanley23 October 2013
i learned what was involved and what it was like to be bank staff
co workers and management were great to get along with both kind and friendly