StepChange Outsourcing Work-Life Balance reviews

A Great place to work if you're Sales/Money oriented
Sales Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire4 September 2019
I've worked at Stepchange Outsourcing for four years now and I have not experienced a better working environment than what I have at this place, everyone is friendly and happy to help you succeed whether you're new or been at the business for a while and just having a off day. Within the business there are plenty of opportunities to start earning good money, all you need to do is essentially turn up on time and consistently hit your targets and you can be on the path of an exec where the opportunities to increase your bonus and basic are there. The hardest part of the job will most likely be that the hours are long and can drag especially if the day wasn't going your way, but whatever job you're in you have off days! Even with this though, it is still worth the effort as the opportunities are there which makes this place a unique place to work. I suffer from mental health issues and my co-workers have been very supportive of this. There are opportunities to apply to new roles within the business that I have gone for but unfortunately did not get, however I received great feedback and support to encourage me to continue to push myself to be in a position to apply again when the role becomes available. I feel fully supported here and have even had the opportunity to train a new employee and received great feedback off the back of doing so.
Pros
Good Atmosphere, plenty of opportunity to earn more money
Cons
Great company to start your career and develop
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire2 September 2019
This is a great company to build your career and progress internally. You will have the opportunity to grow just like the business is currently. The company gives out great bonus and is a great place to earn while you learn new skills and knowledge. All your hard work gets recognised through the bonus scheme along with other non tangible incentives.
The work culture here is relaxed and friendly.
Unique place to work
Management (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire28 August 2019
Its a great place to work. Its a company like no other. You can earn as sales people crazy amounts of money for the work that you do. You get to have great training and given all the skills to be able to do the job, you then get constant support throughout your working life there and everyone is there to look after you. As staff you can self promote so you don't have to beg for more money if your hitting your targets and you have a career path as the company always if they can promote from within so no matter where your looking to take your career path you've got the opportunity to do that here. (also a great Christmas bonus by having some of the companies profit of the year just by doing your job too)
Pros
Work nights out, daily incentives, holidays, uncapped commission
Fast paced and high growth company
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire28 August 2019
*Culture*
- Great socials for the whole company
- Incentives from Friday drinks to holidays abroad
- Fast a fun (table tennis and incentive games in the office)
- Friendly and honest atmosphere

*Company Growth*
- Visionary director and motivated management team that are constantly pushing for improvement
- Real opportunity to progress and grow along with the company

*Management development*
- Sponsored training and qualifications
- Management positions are high responsibility roles where you can make a real difference
Great Place to work, where hard work and application of skill is always rewarded
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire27 August 2019
I've worked for Stepchange for several years now and have always benefited from support and encourage from the staff and management here.

Working here has taught me to have fun, work hard and to always strive to better myself, it has helped me to purchase my first home and helped me to travel all over the world.

This is a lively, fast paced place to work and thanks to monthly bonus', yearly profit share payments and a clear path for self-progression/promotion, it's a workplace that truly gives you control over the path you follow in life!
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire24 August 2019
Since joining stepchange i have changed my life complitly with the help from the management my work colleagues every day is enjoyable iand I look forward to coming to work i now have my first flat and i earn some really good money i can't wait to continue my career here and get to the top
Was like working at a zoo, except with more animals and less fun
Sales (Former Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire8 August 2018
Bonus' miraculously vanish (sold 2 Samsung S7's in one week and saw no incentive at all) and if you have one sick day they disappear for certain which they promise you. Loud environment with loud people and loud music so can barely hear your phone conversation- at one point they didn't allow people to sit down in working hours until you had at least one sale under your belt. You're also expendable and they never let you forget that. Everyone I liked left in the first week and everyone else the next month. There's a saying that goes 'you can put up with any awful job as long as the people are decent' but this job taught me that isn't true at all. Extremely high staff turnover. If you're applying good luck as I wouldn't go back here if we were hit with a recession, I was desperately unemployed and they offered me it back. Oh yeah, and it was long hours with a 7PM finish and like 2 minute breaks so take a packed lunch because you won't make it to a shop unless you run quicker than Usain Bolt.
Fast-paced and fun environment
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire14 March 2017
A really good stepping stone for anyone that want's the opportunity to earn good money. It is a very fast-paced environment, which means that you will be constantly pushed to do more.
The training is excellent, with energetic staff that make you feel welcome. The hardest part of the job is trying to hit target's, however if you manage to go above and beyond you will be recognised, with the potential to be promoted. The best part of the job is the colleagues you meet on the job, they take care of you from day 1.
Pros
earn a lot of money potentially
Cons
long hours, sales pressure
Good company and fun work place
Telesales / Market research (Former Employee) –  Hitchin19 October 2015
I learned a lot at this work place, it was a very good place to learn telesales and I picked up a lot of new skills, especially how to deal with difficult customers.
Pros
Made a lot of new friends and learned a lot
A call centre
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hitchin, ENG9 June 2014
In all honesty, although i stayed at this company for just under a year, i was not happy at this company for a number of reasons.