StepChange Outsourcing Management reviews

Fast paced and high growth company
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire28 August 2019
*Culture*
- Great socials for the whole company
- Incentives from Friday drinks to holidays abroad
- Fast a fun (table tennis and incentive games in the office)
- Friendly and honest atmosphere

*Company Growth*
- Visionary director and motivated management team that are constantly pushing for improvement
- Real opportunity to progress and grow along with the company

*Management development*
- Sponsored training and qualifications
- Management positions are high responsibility roles where you can make a real difference
Fun, energetic workplace with great progression.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire28 August 2019
I have worked for stepchange for a year and half now coming in at first as an exec and within 6 months progressing to a team leader. One of the main reasons i joined this company is because of the great support and progression ladder they provide which my previous employer lacked massively. I have now been a team leader for 2 different campaigns and have enjoyed every minute mainly because of the atmosphere on the sales floor and the great people, support and management team that make this company a pleasure to work for.
Supportive place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire28 August 2019
I job hoped for years until I found this place. To me its always been strange that people get so much support as long as you try your best. From shocking days to struggling days to finally getting it, management and your team have your back to get you to being successful and owning your desk.
So many incentives, outside events and fun on the spot games to make the day better.
Most Execs go home on Thursdays, I mean 4 day weeks full wage plus ££££’s of bonus.
Pros
Short weeks for execs, weeks off over christmas, free holidays, profit share, support whenever you need it
Great Place to work, where hard work and application of skill is always rewarded
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire27 August 2019
I've worked for Stepchange for several years now and have always benefited from support and encourage from the staff and management here.

Working here has taught me to have fun, work hard and to always strive to better myself, it has helped me to purchase my first home and helped me to travel all over the world.

This is a lively, fast paced place to work and thanks to monthly bonus', yearly profit share payments and a clear path for self-progression/promotion, it's a workplace that truly gives you control over the path you follow in life!
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire24 August 2019
Since joining stepchange i have changed my life complitly with the help from the management my work colleagues every day is enjoyable iand I look forward to coming to work i now have my first flat and i earn some really good money i can't wait to continue my career here and get to the top
Don’t work here
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire10 February 2019
Pressurised , cold calling ,naming and shaming alongside belittling behaviour by managers . EE need to take a good look at how employees are being humiliated daily in this place . Bonuses never materialise .
Pros
Was like working at a zoo, except with more animals and less fun
Sales (Former Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire8 August 2018
Bonus' miraculously vanish (sold 2 Samsung S7's in one week and saw no incentive at all) and if you have one sick day they disappear for certain which they promise you. Loud environment with loud people and loud music so can barely hear your phone conversation- at one point they didn't allow people to sit down in working hours until you had at least one sale under your belt. You're also expendable and they never let you forget that. Everyone I liked left in the first week and everyone else the next month. There's a saying that goes 'you can put up with any awful job as long as the people are decent' but this job taught me that isn't true at all. Extremely high staff turnover. If you're applying good luck as I wouldn't go back here if we were hit with a recession, I was desperately unemployed and they offered me it back. Oh yeah, and it was long hours with a 7PM finish and like 2 minute breaks so take a packed lunch because you won't make it to a shop unless you run quicker than Usain Bolt.
If you want to work somewhere fun and energetic this is your place!
Executive (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire31 July 2017
People are always quick to highlight when something isn't great but not enough people take the time out to shout when things are great, so here is my review on this place... that I personally think is great!

Monthly paid social events for ALL team members
A fully paid 6 day induction course to ensure you learn the ropes before you start
Friday finish at 4pm
If you become great at your job you move up to an Executive and can leave on a Thursday if you have hit your target and completed your weekly hours by then
No weekend work unless you choose to do overtime
A great basic salary plus the commission you earn is down to you You have a minimum target - no different to if you were selling cars or houses, but there is plenty of opportunity to earn more.
They are consistent with developing and coaching you along the way.
They have a clear progression path - so you can see potential to better yourself and be focused on heading on wards and upwards!
They run Team Leader courses so you can choose to learn how to become a team leader if a more managerial role is your thing.

Yes its hard work - which job isn't? You're not living in the real world if you think you can get paid a lot of money for not doing a lot!
It's sales and people here make a lot of money from it- it isn't cold calling like people think. They work for the UK's leading Mobile Phone brand with great support from them.

The support the Manager's give you is second to none and nothing like I have ever experienced before!

Like I said, people are quick to shout when something went wrong but never enough
  more... gratitude is shown when things are good and try and tarnish other people's opinions from their narrow minded opinion just because they had a tough day.

If you are willing to learn, want to put the effort in to earn a lot of money then this is the place for you!
Pros
Free lunches, paid for social events, great support