StepChange Outsourcing Employee Reviews in Hitchin

A Great place to work if you're Sales/Money oriented
Sales Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire4 September 2019
I've worked at Stepchange Outsourcing for four years now and I have not experienced a better working environment than what I have at this place, everyone is friendly and happy to help you succeed whether you're new or been at the business for a while and just having a off day. Within the business there are plenty of opportunities to start earning good money, all you need to do is essentially turn up on time and consistently hit your targets and you can be on the path of an exec where the opportunities to increase your bonus and basic are there. The hardest part of the job will most likely be that the hours are long and can drag especially if the day wasn't going your way, but whatever job you're in you have off days! Even with this though, it is still worth the effort as the opportunities are there which makes this place a unique place to work. I suffer from mental health issues and my co-workers have been very supportive of this. There are opportunities to apply to new roles within the business that I have gone for but unfortunately did not get, however I received great feedback and support to encourage me to continue to push myself to be in a position to apply again when the role becomes available. I feel fully supported here and have even had the opportunity to train a new employee and received great feedback off the back of doing so.
Pros
Good Atmosphere, plenty of opportunity to earn more money
Cons
Great company to start your career and develop
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire2 September 2019
This is a great company to build your career and progress internally. You will have the opportunity to grow just like the business is currently. The company gives out great bonus and is a great place to earn while you learn new skills and knowledge. All your hard work gets recognised through the bonus scheme along with other non tangible incentives.
The work culture here is relaxed and friendly.
Hard work is rewarded
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire2 September 2019
I have worked at StepChange for almost 3 years now and it's getting better as the time goes on. Management are always happy to help and let you achieve your goals. I have learned lots of new skills in my own field and different areas outside of my role too.

It's a fun place to work with a good mix of banter and business.

The hours are long but the early finish on Friday is worth it. Best bit of working here is the encouragement on feedback, the bonus and plenty of work paid events.
Pros
Great incentives and Benifits
Cons
Long working hours, but for earlier friday finish
Encourage to develop and progress within my career
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire28 August 2019
Within a year as a Sales Agent, it was noticeable I was keen to progress my career and use my coaching skills even further so was encouraged to go on the Team Leader course that is run internally. A position then became available which I was successful in and haven't looked back. I have had the opportunity to move across different campaigns to gain further skills across the business. I have been here 3 years now and can't imagine not being here, I love my team and everyone that works here. They put on lots of social events which are always good fun. I have been on free holidays and was able to take my kids to Mexico from the amount of Profit Share received. The benefits here are fab, without Stepchange my kids would never have been able to experience a holiday like it.
Been on 3 free holidays and had a sabbatical!
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire28 August 2019
I have worked at Stepchange for over 7 years now, I started as a Sales Agent, progressed to a Sales Exec then signed up for the Team Leader training course that was running. A position became available - applied and got the job. I love the reward of seeing people develop based on my coaching. I have worked in a few places before working here and not seen benefits and incentives like they do here, I have been on 3 free holidays which is unheard of in other companies. I also took a 5 month sabbatical and truly feel part of a team working here.
Unique place to work
Management (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire28 August 2019
Its a great place to work. Its a company like no other. You can earn as sales people crazy amounts of money for the work that you do. You get to have great training and given all the skills to be able to do the job, you then get constant support throughout your working life there and everyone is there to look after you. As staff you can self promote so you don't have to beg for more money if your hitting your targets and you have a career path as the company always if they can promote from within so no matter where your looking to take your career path you've got the opportunity to do that here. (also a great Christmas bonus by having some of the companies profit of the year just by doing your job too)
Pros
Work nights out, daily incentives, holidays, uncapped commission
Fast paced and high growth company
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire28 August 2019
*Culture*
- Great socials for the whole company
- Incentives from Friday drinks to holidays abroad
- Fast a fun (table tennis and incentive games in the office)
- Friendly and honest atmosphere

*Company Growth*
- Visionary director and motivated management team that are constantly pushing for improvement
- Real opportunity to progress and grow along with the company

*Management development*
- Sponsored training and qualifications
- Management positions are high responsibility roles where you can make a real difference
Fun, energetic workplace with great progression.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire28 August 2019
I have worked for stepchange for a year and half now coming in at first as an exec and within 6 months progressing to a team leader. One of the main reasons i joined this company is because of the great support and progression ladder they provide which my previous employer lacked massively. I have now been a team leader for 2 different campaigns and have enjoyed every minute mainly because of the atmosphere on the sales floor and the great people, support and management team that make this company a pleasure to work for.
Supportive place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire28 August 2019
I job hoped for years until I found this place. To me its always been strange that people get so much support as long as you try your best. From shocking days to struggling days to finally getting it, management and your team have your back to get you to being successful and owning your desk.
So many incentives, outside events and fun on the spot games to make the day better.
Most Execs go home on Thursdays, I mean 4 day weeks full wage plus ££££’s of bonus.
Pros
Short weeks for execs, weeks off over christmas, free holidays, profit share, support whenever you need it
Great Place to work, where hard work and application of skill is always rewarded
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire27 August 2019
I've worked for Stepchange for several years now and have always benefited from support and encourage from the staff and management here.

Working here has taught me to have fun, work hard and to always strive to better myself, it has helped me to purchase my first home and helped me to travel all over the world.

This is a lively, fast paced place to work and thanks to monthly bonus', yearly profit share payments and a clear path for self-progression/promotion, it's a workplace that truly gives you control over the path you follow in life!
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire24 August 2019
Since joining stepchange i have changed my life complitly with the help from the management my work colleagues every day is enjoyable iand I look forward to coming to work i now have my first flat and i earn some really good money i can't wait to continue my career here and get to the top
Fun place to work with great earning potential and ways to progress
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hitchin18 August 2019
A target driven environment but one that is very supported and with targets that are very achievable.

There are clear ways to get promoted so those looking to progress and make really good money have got the opportunity to do that. There are lots of perks available like working a 4 day week for those achieving targets, there are lots of people take advantage of this so it's great that it shows how that the targets are very realistic.

Pleased to say that StepChange is not a 'hire and fire' outfit, the people are very much supported and there are great opportunities for those that are reliable, driven, positive, and are both willing to learn and apply their skills after training. We take a great deal of pride in seeing people develop and succeed in our organisation which is the main focus of the team leaders and trainers.

Atmosphere is fun, there are lots of incentives available and culturally the office is very big on recognition.
Don’t work here
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire10 February 2019
Pressurised , cold calling ,naming and shaming alongside belittling behaviour by managers . EE need to take a good look at how employees are being humiliated daily in this place . Bonuses never materialise .
Pros
Was like working at a zoo, except with more animals and less fun
Sales (Former Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire8 August 2018
Bonus' miraculously vanish (sold 2 Samsung S7's in one week and saw no incentive at all) and if you have one sick day they disappear for certain which they promise you. Loud environment with loud people and loud music so can barely hear your phone conversation- at one point they didn't allow people to sit down in working hours until you had at least one sale under your belt. You're also expendable and they never let you forget that. Everyone I liked left in the first week and everyone else the next month. There's a saying that goes 'you can put up with any awful job as long as the people are decent' but this job taught me that isn't true at all. Extremely high staff turnover. If you're applying good luck as I wouldn't go back here if we were hit with a recession, I was desperately unemployed and they offered me it back. Oh yeah, and it was long hours with a 7PM finish and like 2 minute breaks so take a packed lunch because you won't make it to a shop unless you run quicker than Usain Bolt.
If you want to work somewhere fun and energetic this is your place!
Executive (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire31 July 2017
People are always quick to highlight when something isn't great but not enough people take the time out to shout when things are great, so here is my review on this place... that I personally think is great!

Monthly paid social events for ALL team members
A fully paid 6 day induction course to ensure you learn the ropes before you start
Friday finish at 4pm
If you become great at your job you move up to an Executive and can leave on a Thursday if you have hit your target and completed your weekly hours by then
No weekend work unless you choose to do overtime
A great basic salary plus the commission you earn is down to you You have a minimum target - no different to if you were selling cars or houses, but there is plenty of opportunity to earn more.
They are consistent with developing and coaching you along the way.
They have a clear progression path - so you can see potential to better yourself and be focused on heading on wards and upwards!
They run Team Leader courses so you can choose to learn how to become a team leader if a more managerial role is your thing.

Yes its hard work - which job isn't? You're not living in the real world if you think you can get paid a lot of money for not doing a lot!
It's sales and people here make a lot of money from it- it isn't cold calling like people think. They work for the UK's leading Mobile Phone brand with great support from them.

The support the Manager's give you is second to none and nothing like I have ever experienced before!

Like I said, people are quick to shout when something went wrong but never enough
  more... gratitude is shown when things are good and try and tarnish other people's opinions from their narrow minded opinion just because they had a tough day.

If you are willing to learn, want to put the effort in to earn a lot of money then this is the place for you!
Pros
Free lunches, paid for social events, great support
Fast-paced and fun environment
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire14 March 2017
A really good stepping stone for anyone that want's the opportunity to earn good money. It is a very fast-paced environment, which means that you will be constantly pushed to do more.
The training is excellent, with energetic staff that make you feel welcome. The hardest part of the job is trying to hit target's, however if you manage to go above and beyond you will be recognised, with the potential to be promoted. The best part of the job is the colleagues you meet on the job, they take care of you from day 1.
Pros
earn a lot of money potentially
Cons
long hours, sales pressure
mixed review
Sales agent (Former Employee) –  Hitchin2 December 2015
Cold calling customers is difficult and it is very target based as you get thrown in to the deep end very quickly. However the co workers are mostly fun and entertaining and if your really interested in sales its a good experience and a lot is learnt quickly. I enjoyed most of the job but that type of sales is not what I was looking for long term
Good company and fun work place
Telesales / Market research (Former Employee) –  Hitchin19 October 2015
I learned a lot at this work place, it was a very good place to learn telesales and I picked up a lot of new skills, especially how to deal with difficult customers.
Pros
Made a lot of new friends and learned a lot
A call centre
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hitchin, ENG9 June 2014
In all honesty, although i stayed at this company for just under a year, i was not happy at this company for a number of reasons.