Step Teachers

Step Teachers Employee Reviews

Sporadic workload, enthusiastic office.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk30 December 2019
Unpredictable workload. Pleasant office staff, schools are hit and miss with regard to enjoyable or not as expected. Some lovely schools which may give access to future employment.
Great staff but low incomes
Supply Teacher (Former Employee) –  Norwich24 June 2018
Step Teacher is a very nice company. Great coordinators, very lovely team !
I really enjoyed working with them.
I haven't left the company because I did not like it. Definitely not. I needed a permanent position with regular income and security.
But I still recommend Step Teacher, it was a very good experience for me.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Irregular incomes
Great Work Life Balance
Cover Supervisor & Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  London18 June 2018
The staff at Step Teachers are very good at their jobs. They make it easy to achieve a great work-life balance whilst having a great sense of job enrichment. They are very down-to-earth and understandable and ensure to find you the best fit for your current situation i.e. If you are a parent or if you have another job. I have quickly progressed into a permanent role since signing up with the agency.

Highly Recommended !!!
Brilliant Agency
Cover Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North London12 January 2018
Very Organised and good management recruitment company. There are opportunities for training and advancement in your career. A great agency to work for, very reliable
Simply the best!
Resourcing Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London5 November 2017
I joined Steps as a consultant after leaving teaching, and I haven't looked back. The goal has always been to put teachers where they want to be, and to do it properly - I never saw that with any other agency I'd signed up for as a supply teacher! Every single person in the company is a pleasure to work with, and never before have I looked forward to going to work in the morning. They make you feel valued and it's just a lovely company to work for. It truly is a family.

We put our all into everything we do, and even though that means a lot of paperwork vetting wise, we're doing it for the right reasons - that says more about other agencies that cut corners than it does us.

The management team is great - a hardworking and conscientious bunch, who have all been an excellent help through my career change.

There is no typical day at work. Each day brings us a new challenge, a new job to fill and new teachers to meet.. as well as new ideas for me and my team to try and turn teachers heads away from the bad guys of recruitment.

The hardest part of the job, as it is throughout the sector, is finding teachers.. but I have the best resourcing team, and the best consultants, so we shall overcome.

The most enjoyable part for me is every single conversation I have with my teachers, when they tell me that the consultants have found them a job they love. It makes the hard work and long hours I choose to put in worth it.

There is no place i'd rather be... this is a sentiment that I know is shared by my colleagues, and reflects in our work!
Pros
Great atmosphere, clear goals, progression, excellent tea
Cons
The team eat all my snacks!
Excellent agency
Cover Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 April 2017
Most of the time offers good jobs. This agency is currently helping me to find my first NQT job. It has been very helpful with providing all the paperwork and friendly.
Can be helpful
PPA Cover Teacher (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 December 2016
This company managed to place me in a long term role, so I cannot complain about them. On the whole thHavee staff are friendly and helpful.
Pros
Helpful consultants
Cons
Not consistant enough
good staff
Supply Teacher (Former Employee) –  Plymouth25 September 2016
Not very proactive with getting daily supply work.

The hardest part of this work is how it can sometime get very quite during the year without getting some work to do for weeks.

Management is Okay as i do not deal with them personally
Fun and inspiring workplace
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  North London14 September 2016
Step Teachers have been a home for me for almost a year now.
The staff are very helpful and always nice to talk with.
The management really cares about education and understands teachers which really makes a great difference.
If any kind of problem arises, there is always somebody to talk to.
Pros
Helpful staff, best costumer service
Always helpful and friendly!
Supply Teacher (Current Employee) –  North-West London14 September 2016
Step Teachers are a great bunch of people! They always keep me busy on supply, I've got plenty of work and they were brilliant with my vetting stuff as well, got it all done really quickly. I've been thoroughly impressed with them
Pros
Busy all the time and offer great rates
Cons
N/a
Brilliant workplace environment
Resource Consultant (Current Employee) –  London14 September 2016
I only recently joined Step Teachers, and haven't looked back since. Look forward to coming into work in mornings and ever since I started every member of the team have made me feel very welcome.

Upon arriving at work, clear goals and tasks are set making the structure of the day very easy to follow. Management set responsibilities and give you their 100% trust with this and if any help is needed, they offer full attention and if management is not available co-workers are more than happy to offer advice.

Bringing in candidates does prove to be challenging, however its also a challenge and enjoyable part of the job role to convince why Step Teachers is the right agency for the candidates.
Pros
Brilliant team
Cons
N/a
Substitute Teaching Agency
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Norwich, ENG5 October 2015
Step Teachers has been a leading name in education recruitment for over a decade; having been established in 2000 when the supply teacher market was very much in its infancy. Step Teachers is widely recognised as the pioneer in promoting Safer Recruitment Practices among Teaching Agencies.