Steinhoff International

Steinhoff International Employee Reviews

Relaxed working environment which could suit anyone.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey2 December 2019
Very well spent 4 good years with Steinhoff , enjoyed my role. Professional and supportive management, good training time to time and helpful HR and distribution department.
Going in the wrong direction
HD driver (Current Employee) –  Magna Park24 November 2019
Started as a friendly company, ok management but has changed top level personal. Money being cut in the wrong places. Good staff being made redundant, poor staff staying
Terrible company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  West Yorkshire13 November 2019
Regional managers are bullies. Senior management are dinosaurs. How this company is still in business is beyond me. They do not care about staff or their customers. No urgency when there are issues with customers products
Good
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Bridgend4 November 2019
Great place to work with managers and it went very well like my time there would not recommend anybody looking for factory work to have a look I work there an agency for a year and I enjoyed it very much
All for their own
Maintenance engineer (Former Employee) –  Facility technician16 October 2019
Bad management , no communication between sectors , miss use of agency workers , no discipline , bad supervision , bullying is overlooked , racism flourish .
Not good at all.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland29 September 2019
Coaching and development does not exist. If your face fits, your in, even when your results are poor. No wonder the business is in such a mess. Leadership failures exist everywhere.
Great experience.
Transport Manager (Current Employee) –  LE17 4XN24 September 2019
Steinhoff is always compensating people who deserve it. I have been put through my C1 license and recently also through my Transport Manager Operator's License.
Trucking Driver
Trunk Driver (Former Employee) –  Leicestershire29 August 2019
Trunking money is got to be the best by far £31k salary is brilliant for class 1 work.
The trunking lorry’s ain’t up to much with regards to being looked after.
They’re beat up,pins are bent lights knocked off always running low on coolant.
Pods don’t sit right air pressure is always being lost.
Management are absolutely stuck up there own arses.
Rude,ignorant,arrogant and they all have that no can do attitude.
Worked here for nearly 6 months
Workplace environment
Website Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dartford, Kent11 July 2019
When working at Steinhoff I found the working environment to be very toxic. Moral was low around the different department in the office due to management not pulling their weight, nor lightening employees work load. I found that work would be forced upon you and expected to be completed within in time frame with no praise on completion. Out of hours work on weekends and nights was expecting without overtime payment sometimes at Midnight onward. I found the working environment unsuitable and un-enjoyable.
Angry shouting management bullies
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  North of england10 April 2019
Sales targets are everything in store and at regional level. Senior managers and directors just shout louder if you don't hit a target. Flavour of the month one day and the worst human being in the world the next. Don't work here. Really old fashioned poor culture and little, if any HR support.
Pros
Cons
Terrible HR
Awful place
Stock controller (Former Employee) –  Lutterworth, Leicestershire27 March 2019
Horrible management horrible place to work.Not safe to work there at all.Bullied by the management. Don't go there to work.Not follow the health and safety rules at all.
Shocking
Factory worker (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend7 February 2019
Started here a few weeks ago , my first job since leaving collage!! the pay is not the best but it was a job .. yesterday I was waiting for a frame to come down when middle manager came to me with a massive attitude and said I could be cleaning the ‘ leak ‘ over the other side I said I didnt know this and he started shouting so much that I could feel his spit on my face 🤮🤢 should anyone put up with that ? Respect is earned isn’t it ? Well after me challenging his attitude towards me I got the sack , being an agency worker what could I actually do ? They shouldn’t be allowed to get away with it !!
And maybe middle men should be put on courses of how to treat their staff in situations!!
Also the pay grades to agency and staff who are permanent is different!! Isn’t it law to pay the same while doing the same job ?
All in all such a horrible place to work , get shouted at and then challenged him to get sacked 😱
So advice to anyone looking to be the dogs body DONT speak up get treated like a nobody and you will be fine
Pros
Cons
Lots .. heavy hard work
Needs improvement.
Finance (Former Employee) –  Accrington, Lancashire28 January 2019
If you want a glum workplace with no progression, full of disgruntled workers and lazy middle management, look no further. If you want to do the bare minimum, mediocre work and shoot off home bang on 5pm then apply now.

The benefits are minimal, and as for the 'culture' of the place - besides the bacteria in the regularly out-of-order toilets - there isn't any. Don't get me wrong, the majority of my colleagues were fantastic as they were in the same situation as me, but most of the middle managers are just self-serving - the company has zero personal development. The concept of people management and development simply doesn't exist here. You're just a number, trapped on a conveyor belt. It's grim and demoralising.

There's also a severe lack of communication and openness around the company. You don't feel a part of the company. You're judged by the lowest common denominator - if one employee does something wrong, the entire company is judged and restricted instead of trying to solve the issue directly, but that obviously takes time and effort. The company is extremely hierarchical with a humongous divide between middle managers and executives/entry level employees - divide in pay, benefits and communication - and you can sense that divide every day.

There's zero encouragement for social activities or wellbeing. For a large company, they still operate with a small company mentality and with disregard for employee wellbeing and development. They seem so obsessed with cost cutting and keeping every penny to themselves. The pay gap between middle/senior management and
  more... executives/entry level employees is ridiculous. Plus considering the salaries are so low (allegedly because of their geographical location), you would expect some kind of staff benefits even if its just free fruit or planned team sport activities like football matches. There haven't been any pay rises in the last three years and I can count the number of internal promotions in the last five years on one hand.

Moving on was the best thing I did and it really opened my eyes to what a massive disappointment the company has turned into over the nine years I was there. I don't think they'll ever change but they really need to start looking after people better. I left on good terms with a perfect employment record but I wasn't even given an exit interview (as with most who had left around me - that's how little they value and respect their lower level employees). They don't need to throw money at people; they simply need to start listening, showing some compassion and care about retaining their employees.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
See above..
steinhoff
bagger (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend26 December 2018
worked there for 8 months with agency and 1 day off ill and got sacked the work is easy, managers are useless, plenty of over time when i worked there.
Pros
easy work
Cons
management
wonderful Products and good place to work
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  London14 December 2018
It has been my pleasure to work with Bensons for beds. It is really good company to work for. During my time i have learned a lot and enjoyed every day of my work
Pros
very god company to work for
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Accrington, Lancashire9 October 2018
Great place to work, good salary and the OT is always there at time and half or double time. Good environment to be around. You will always enjoy coming im to work and never be bored doing nothing!
Pros
Own canteen, potential 150 a week bonus, OT always available
No no no
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Lancashire3 August 2018
I worked as store manager and would not recommend this company. Bully boy culture and antiquated systems, dogs body on low pay for what is expected.,no life outside of work especially seasonal stores.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Low pay and no progression or work life balance..
Solid established bed business
Manager (Former Employee) –  UK2 August 2018
Good to work for while being challenging too. Excellent product range to sell from with an established brand behind you. Able to adapt to an ever changing marketplace.
shocking working conditions and management are unprofessional
service person (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend18 June 2018
Do not work for this company. Treated like a dogs body and no appreciation. Cant have days off for genuine illness and end up loosing your job over it.
Interview
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lutterworth, Leicestershire23 May 2018
You walk in to an icebreaker and within minutes your split into groups and not even given a chance to even have a one to one interview and not even given an explanation as to why. Do not understand how they can be so quick to judge, pure rude and would not recommend them at all.