Steinhoff International Employee Reviews

Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Accrington, Lancashire9 October 2018
Great place to work, good salary and the OT is always there at time and half or double time. Good environment to be around. You will always enjoy coming im to work and never be bored doing nothing!
Pros
Own canteen, potential 150 a week bonus, OT always available
wonderful Products and good place to work
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  London14 December 2018
It has been my pleasure to work with Bensons for beds. It is really good company to work for. During my time i have learned a lot and enjoyed every day of my work
Pros
very god company to work for
No no no
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Lancashire3 August 2018
I worked as store manager and would not recommend this company. Bully boy culture and antiquated systems, dogs body on low pay for what is expected.,no life outside of work especially seasonal stores.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Low pay and no progression or work life balance..
Terrible management practices
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  South East21 May 2018
managers stealing your sales making you do things out back so they can serve customers not showing you anything rostering you for late shifts 12-8pm while they do none commission always wrong when they had to pay min wage as required by law put a gateway on commission so if you earned £700 £410 was clawed back but not put on to managers wages.
Pros
Cons
long hours on your own
Interview
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lutterworth, Leicestershire23 May 2018
You walk in to an icebreaker and within minutes your split into groups and not even given a chance to even have a one to one interview and not even given an explanation as to why. Do not understand how they can be so quick to judge, pure rude and would not recommend them at all.
Solid established bed business
Manager (Former Employee) –  UK2 August 2018
Good to work for while being challenging too. Excellent product range to sell from with an established brand behind you. Able to adapt to an ever changing marketplace.
shocking working conditions and management are unprofessional
service person (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend18 June 2018
Do not work for this company. Treated like a dogs body and no appreciation. Cant have days off for genuine illness and end up loosing your job over it.
High targets to achieve
SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  London10 April 2018
High targets to achieve, with a high amount of money gated before taking any commission. Manager very strict about holiday dates and puts a lot of pressure on each about selling.
Pros
Flexible working hours as a part-timer
Productive, busy and fun workplace
Direct Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dartford, Kent3 December 2017
I have and do enjoy working here. I have always been treated fairly and there is always lots of work to do which I enjoy.
I do think that Management should have more involvement the teams instead of deligating views through supervisors.
The hardest part of the job is having to deal with customers issues that should be dealt with by the correct department 'customer service' as it puts back my workload a great deal.
The most enjoyable part of my work is the praise and recognition from customers when they feel I have excelled and also the amazing supportive team I work with.
Pros
The friendly co workers
Cons
Not being able to work overtime
Good and well established company.
Warehouse operative (Current Employee) –  Bridgend11 March 2018
Great workers, polite & friendly. Good job, very productive and all round a great place to work with a lot of good people who will help you if you are stuck and even the bsses are good.
Lots of benefits.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Inverness30 January 2018
Aside from great commissions on sales and staff incentives, Steinhoff offers a great deal more: great colleagues, management, human resources, and work atmosphere.
Pros
Paid break, Good staff incentives, Lovely colleagues, Work benefits and rewards
Is ok!
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Malden, Greater London12 December 2017
I am working 5 days per week on weekends mandatory.
I have learned about the products we offer and how to reach customers.
Management needs improvement!
The hardest part of the job is to upgrade the sale.
The most enjoyable part for me is to help people to do the right choice for them.
No direction, strategy or care about customer
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Accrington, Lancashire10 November 2017
The people to work with were ok but there was absolutely no direction from the group so it was challenging to know what the business required of it's people. It also meant that there was no interest in customer service.

New CEO who seemed to want to put the customer front and central, though.
Family Atmosphere
Indirect Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Accrington, Lancashire1 January 2018
A good place to work in the HQ, the place is full of friendly people & communication is good.

A little outdated working practices but encouragingly progressing in the right way.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Reward & recognition
Great department but shameful heirarchy
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Willenhall, West Midlands7 September 2017
Worked with a great group of people but others whom had no experience were paid far more than an individual with more experience. No chance of progression and always making excuses and things difficult to complete your job.

Furthermore, work like dogs but struggle to get decent pay and no security provided at all.
Pros
Parking and colleagues
Cons
Low pay high work load
Avoid!!!
Human Resources Advisor (Former Employee) –  Accrington, Lancashire1 December 2017
Summed up in three words: Bullying, Oppressive, Acrimonious!!

Would avoid at all costs, unless you like unfair conditions, bad management and back stabbing, then this is the place for you.
Pros
Cons
Too many too list
not good
Sales Advisor - Full Time (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire14 September 2017
great store and great team,

not told about the amount of hours you have to work over xmas had I known I would never have started work there

always worried you were not on target, sales were very poor so also worried about pay I left before my 3 months were up
Pros
nice unch to work with
Cons
hours and pay
Average
Sales (store) Manager (Current Employee) –  lincolnshire19 January 2017
In the 7 years I have worked for the company it has changed dramatically. Pay hasn't gone up with the rising cost of living. Commission and bonus schemes have been cut and abolished. The management team don't appreciate any form of a home/work balance. Certain area manager are great at their jobs and don't micro-manage but they are few and far between. Bensons manage to the stick method not the carrot!
Pros
job security (to a degree)
Cons
see above
Ridiculous pay not worth the hassle
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Louth, Lincolnshire12 December 2016
A typical day working for the Steinhoff Retail Group was unrealistic targets with no job satisfaction what so ever. The Manager is incompetent and relayed all responsibilities onto commission based staff who there over didn't meet the targets set to them. The salary advertised was 20,000 OTE with a more realistic 'basic' salary of 10,500 per annum.
Pros
Cons
ridiculous pay 5.31 an hour. A joke.
Not a place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Gravesend5 September 2016
After probation period they agreed that I did not fit into company, ignoring all accomplishments.
Commission was changed for sales consultants (on disadvantage).
Not a real training provided, but were highly expectations from you.
Just a corporate management, same as everywhere, based on relations and relationships.
Apparently nice co-workers, but ready to sell your soul for a dime.
Pros
bonuses from exceeded targets
Cons
no real apreciation