Staysure Employee Reviews

Great People
Agent (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands21 May 2019
great atmosphere nice people job can get tiring and boring when busy but thats call centres for you. management was ok not too bad. training was great fantastic.
Good pay terrible environment, Team leaders are patronising .
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire16 April 2019
Although the pay is good and it is very easy to hit targets to receive bonus. The team leaders only care about stats and are extremely inconsiderate, although Staysure specialise in medical cover, they honestly do not care about their employees health. They belittle medical conditions and do not care at all your just robots who are expected to work and not have absences even if you provide doctor evidence they do not care, you will be given a disciplinary and made to feel uncomfortable when you do not feel well.

I enjoyed the customers hear they are very kind although the rules and regulations of Staysure/ERV the underwriters are completely unnecessary and are not put in place to benefit the customers. For example if a customer calls up to state a insured person on a policy has passed away, we are not allowed to remove the travellers name we have to either keep the deceased persons information on the policy which is visible by the other travellers (which can cause distress on the family) we then have to lie and say we cannot remove the name (when we can).

You are also expected to transfer all customers to an automated survey at the end of every call, if you don't you will be marked down and this effects your bonus, although this sounds a simple thing to do. When customers are calling to inform you that they have been given a terminal prognosis it's not the most appropriate thing to ask someone to do after a difficult phone call, but to Staysure this does not matter as it effects your STATS and your team leaders STATS.

You are also expected to complete long
  more... detailed referral forms in 0.0003334 seconds, if you sit in not ready (not taking calls) even if your busy having a drink or filling in forms team leaders flick you back in ready so calls come through. And rush you when completing notes on policies, although they complain when you do not put enough detail in these.

Anyway if your dumb enough to still apply for such a company here are some of the benefits:

- bonus
- the pay
- you can get a pay rise after every 6/12months although to be considered you must reach all targets, never be late or absent, transfer all customers to surveys and have you breaks at given times (although most the time you will be late for breaks as you are expected to take calls right up until your break, all calls are usually 10 minutes plus and you will get trapped on a call and miss your breaks and be late then be tarnished by this).

In conclusion please do not work here.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything apart from pay
Fun
Sales (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands10 March 2019
Fun workplace you get one of your breaks paid for and the salary itself is good without the bonuses. You have to hit targets which are reachable but you get a lot of people coming through to the wrong department which will go against you and the back to work procedure is something that’s dreadful but the company’s training regime is great. They will make sure you know everything and are 100% comfortable before you do anything and they are there for support every step of the way. The friends you make throughout training and when you get put into teams is great.
Pros
Cons
The back to work procedurw
Don't work there
Travel Insurance Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  Northampton18 December 2017
Incessant Micro-management

You are lucky if you get a good team manager, if not you get an aggressive untrained manager that is flexible to their favourites but almost bullies those that don't brown nose

No real skills learned in sales, you are just a robot repeating the same telephone script endlessley. working in another dept might be more beneficial eg. marketing / customer service
Pros
easy job
Cons
unnatractive hours and bad managers
Methodical call centre environment
HOME INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire27 November 2017
Home & Motor Dept was sometimes busy, sometimes very quiet in terms of inbound calls. There was the opportunity to make outbound calls. I did manage to earn regular commissions in this role.
Do not work here!
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire20 June 2017
This happens to be the most awful company I have ever worked for and would never advise anyone I actually like to work there.
The management are AWFUL - and have heard from people still there that since I have left it has literally got worst (how it could possibly be worst I don't know) perhaps because the managers that were actually good at their job were treated badly, sacked or left because they were sick of the company.
The other managers were all given promotions lol.
They make out that the benefits are good but in reality a lot of them are exaggerated.
Management put way too much pressure on sales agents etc.
Even on my first day people that had worked there a while were wishing me luck
they will send around surveys asking about how happy you are to work there and when everyone responds saying not happy - they will not even speak with regards to it again which just proves how much they care about their employees
People that were hard workers never got rewarded.
Could go on for days..
Pros
Some nice colleagues
Fast paced growing company
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire20 June 2017
Over the last two years I have seen vast improvements in Culture, management and development opportunities.
It is a inbound contact centre in which you find the job can be as interesting as you want to make it. The people I work with are supportive, have fun and work really hard.
I really like working here.
Pros
Great people, good benefits if you use them.
Cons
Fast paced
Iv been there for a long time but not been given opportunities to move further
Insurance Broker (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire19 January 2017
I am looking to move away from staysure as I have been there for many years but instead of recruiting managers within they recruit external. The trust in the company is vanishing in all agents view.
Pros
Private medical care, part time hours as mum
Cons
No progression
very sales driven
Travel insurance agent-Inbound (Former Employee) –  Northampton7 October 2016
I meant to work renting holidays home but Company lied to us and make us to sell travel insurance,I'm not very keen on sales.
Pros
sale bonus, free Gym membership, awards vouchers
Cons
high targets, hard to have a holiday approve, childish enviroment
So many opportunities
Recruitment Support (Current Employee) –  Northampton15 April 2016
I started working here in May 2015 as a sales agent, I soon realised that sales wasn't for me and moved to customer services. The team were excellent and the training was really good, the job was interesting and varied. In October I saw an advert on the intranet for a recruitment secondment which I decided to apply for. I got the job and have just recevied the news that I have been made permanent! I so am so pleased as I love this role and really enjoy learning on the job and the support from the recruitment and training team is amazing.
There are a lot of opportunities within Staysure if you want them, I'm proof of this and I haven't even been here a year yet!
Pros
my team
Cons
the walk from the car park
Family environment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Northampton23 March 2016
I get great job secruity working at Staysure and I love the friendly working environment.

Management are extremley fair and if you have any issues work related or not they are always approachable.

Since woring for Staysure i have learnt more than i imagined, including Geography, medical terms and the insurance industry together with who and what the FCA do.
Pros
Bonus and commission
Cons
Open bank holiday
Poor Services Provided by Company
Sales Executive / Sales Expert (Current Employee) –  Northampton12 May 2015
Key Responsibilities;-
Provide introductory first point of contact
Handle complaints and stop dissatisfied customers from cancelling
To provide excellent quality customer service
Reach daily KPIs
handle customer enquiries both telephonically and by email
Meet Monthly deadlines / targets
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Bad feedback from customers
Bad management
sales expert (Former Employee) –  northampton5 February 2013
A typical day working within staysure would be stressful and not enjoyable. I learnt how to be when on the phone to customers and how we would approach customers of the older age group which was very handy.

The management within staysure in my opinion are very difficult. They are all in the older age group than the people they choose to employ. The majority of people that work in staysure are between ages 18 - 30. The management seem to think we don't know our rights within any employment.
They were sacking people here there and everywhere for silly reasons. The sales manager would swear at us and people would feel like they were being picked on by her as well and I know of a couple employees that did leave staysure because of that very reason.
All the employees are treated unfairly.
Everyone knows everyones personal life within the call centre and even the managers get involved with it.

The hardest part of my job was waking up in the morning and going into work and the most enjoyable part of my job was getting the free gym membership and leaving work after a hard days work.

The people that I worked with were the best part of the job, I made a few life long friends whilst there.
Pros
free gym membership, free private healthcare
Cons
unsociable hours