Stax Trade Centres

Stax Trade Centres Employee Reviews

Not great for new starters
Not a pleasant place to work. Very dirty. Feels understaffed. Computers are continually out of use. No point complaining about anything as nobody cares.
Management are sly staff are sly have to explain what you want holidays for and if you don’t tell them they sack you for lack of trust!, hr manager general manager and health and safty manager are all related if one don’t like you your done, and you best hope your face fits and your from the area, that’s it they instantly don’t like you!
Stax Manchester your an absolute disgrace!!
Awful place to work
management aren't trained for the role that they are in
staff they hire are useless

low morale between staff

massive divide between management and staff

no health and safety

best thing about it is the door on the way out

overall place is a shambles avoid at all cost
Great job
Really enjoyed working here in a friendly environment. The staff were extremely helpful in helping me get the hang of things and making sure I was on the right track.
Make sure your face fits in and you’ll be some what okay
Workplace ruined by the people upstairs, HR lady is a bully, if she doesn’t like the look of you you’ll be out the door no doubt about that, the people on the shop floor are what makes this place decent enough to work, no one wants to be working there just for the fact it’s full of bullies upstairs, the demand for work is through the roof, your best isn’t good enough, if you want unfair dismissal stax is the place to work, the only way they can get you through the door is the big Christmas bonus, but you’ll be gone before Christmas to even get that. Toxic workplace to work, ungrateful management, wouldn’t be surprised if it’s ran into the ground the branch
Pros
Christmas bonus
Bullies
DO NOT WORK HERE, they do anything to get rid of staff, bully you, talk to you like dirt, the woman in HR is a bully , she is a know it all, but knows nothing , i felt hot and light headed because it was hot, went out the back for fresh air and was told not allowed. ok i will just faint then.
Pros
Cons
management are bullies
Worst job i have ever had
Terrible place to work. From day one life at stax was hard. The staff trainer was very military and at every opportunity would make the 10 weeks of training feel like a prison sentence. The hours were very all over the place and had to work 7 shifts for 1 day off. The management is terrible and the section seniors wouldn't know a hard day's work if they tried. The place is full of young men and women hiding in corners talking and flirting all day and getting away with it while other more mature of age staff would literally break there back to get the work done. A very clicky place and if your face doesn't fit you've had it. And don't rely on the HR for much support either, Terrible company shocking team moral and very hard work and long hours for the not so bad pay!
Pros
Simply couldn't pick any
Cons
Long hours, hard work
Hard Working
as a manager i didn't feel like i was one until it came down to do reports.
Branch manager was not realistic in what he wanted us to achieve.

like no staff but to do 3 mans work
Pros
discount on goods
Cons
long days if you were there from the morning till late
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Stax Trade Centres?
Not a good place to work
This was not a good place to work, the shifts were really random, sometimes you would only get 1 day off in 12 which was a friday that came after a 9 o clock finish on the thursday, also your shift rotation could be changed at the drop of a hat. the working conditions werent great either, pidgeons used to get in and poo all over the shelves you had to work with, nothing was ever done about it and you were supposed to get on with it. The management had there favourites and if u werent one of those you would be pushed out the door pretty quickly.This is definitely a job to avoid.
Pros
good christmas bonus
Cons
everything else
Hopeless management
Back stabbing managers that make things up and all stick together.
Too much whispering and scheming in corners.

Hard work means nothing, you just need to be "in the click"
Okay place to work.
Not an enjoyable place to be. Management brings down the spirit with unrealistic deadlines and take no consideration for people's lives outside work
fun place to work unsociable hours
I loved working with this company. I left to go travelling when I went to live abroad
Hard work but a good company to work for
Each day was not the same. One day you can be swamped down in deliveries and picking orders for customers and the next day you can have a day where you can just fill up your section and catch up on out of stocks and general tidying up of your rota. I was always learning something new everyday. Its part of the job. Customers always come first. I've learnt to drive a forklift and to read replenishment report and how to order stock and do special orders for customers where needed. I have been made senior twice which put me in charge of a section and staff. Management wise it was a good place. They looked after there staff. My co workers I almost seen them as family. They looked out for each other. Hardest part of the job was the mad days where you didn't know which way to turn due to all the deliveries and order picking that was booked in for the day. But at the end of the day when it was all done it was good to say we all as a team to get the job done.
Pros
Working with great staff