Stateside Foods Ltd Employee Reviews

Shocking
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Westhoughton3 October 2019
I lasted a week. no one helps you, always feeling left out as most are foreign nothing against them at all just wasnt welcoming. My partner works for them and feels stuck wont progress him but constantly promise him with progression, no respect for employees.
Leadership is incapable and unprofessional
Bakery Operative (Former Employee) –  Westhoughton7 September 2019
Management and Leadership need to be changed. Very rude and they don't hesitate to insulting workrs on the line . Some black sheeps linked up together from line leaders to even HR. They work together and could sack the Employees they don't like.I have heard the CEO is a good person. Just check the average of leaving Employees from the last 2 years and how many been sacked. I bet you gonna find out.
They own you!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bolton23 August 2019
You'll be lied to every day, beginning with the interview. Advertised security job as 4 on/ 4 off. Rarely happened. Had to go over bosses head to get official breaks. Any disagreements were met with abuse. Rotas were constantly changed. Sometimes went in to double figures. You're a slave, theirs to do as they wish. No respect at all. Turn over of staff tells you all you need to know about Stateside FoodsLast place ANYONE should work for.
Production
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Westhoughton21 July 2019
Dont work with this company if you're with a agency.
The agency that stateside are with (assist resourcing) are the worst.
On induction I was told that new starters are paired with a buddy, hmm nope wrong.
The security didn't tell me where to go. I had to find the department building myself.
I got to the department that the agency said I'd be on only to be told there is too many agency staff, go somewhere else. Twice I got told that from different departments. Disastrous first day and no better from then.
I met a few people at stateside who was lovely and welcoming

I think you'll be fine if you actually work for the company not agency.
Now found a better job.
Proffessional and supportive
Sales Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Field Based2 July 2019
They are a great company to work for, as they all work as a team and support each other as much as possible. They do a lot of work with the community and fundraising for the local hospice. They are always looking for ways to improve especially with the environmental effort
demanding depressed workplace
Work as a member (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester29 April 2019
Stateside Foods is only a job not a career making opportunity the work is routine and has no challenge and the best workers are treated the worst. If you of a British background you will feel like you are an outcast and routinely feel like your work alone.
Pros
job security
Cons
disrespectful management and depressing workplace
dont recommend it
Bakery line operator (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom10 April 2019
No experience needed, but no body cares for providing training.
Forget about any help.
very lovely and helpful colleagues (if you are a strong minded person), what you cant say about other, higher profiled staff.
harassment on large scale.
Company in general is poor
Production Operative/Packer (Current Employee) –  Westhoughton19 March 2019
If your in the click your safe no matter what you do bullying staff, time off late anything you safe.
Just don't work they, short or long hours min hour of 28 hours travel for a couple of hour to be sent home. The number of new starter starting then leaving because team leader on morning shift doesn't help just stay on one line more then the other and leaving the other to deal with issue
Pros
Cons
Poor management and team leader are lazy and bullying
Production operative.
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Westhoughton18 March 2019
Absolutely awful, didn't even get through probation.
They say you have to speak English. That's a joke 95.5% of stateside are foreigners( no disrespect to them ) but I work on a line with a lot of them and they all spoken their language you feel left out, very bored, didn't really speak. Managers are shocking, to many arguments broke out on the line anywhere else you'd be sacked for the behaviour that happens in there. Health and safety doesn't apply to them. From day one I felt unwelcome due to having issues with my uniform. The induction was shocking and from that day on I new the job was rubbish and it got worse as weeks went on. I fell Ill for two weeks and got sacked after explaining my situation but it looked bad on the company no care what so ever for the employees.
toppings (Former Employee) –  Westhoughton15 February 2019
Trainee line leader (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester27 January 2019
I have worked here for about 5 months now, and I honestly love my job, I started off as production opprative, and now I am a trainee line leader, management are understanding and quick to sort issues, plenty of overtime available, many benifits of working for the company such as Christmas hampers, pekbox with loads of retail discounts, free pizza, plenty of progression opertunities and much more. If the shift you work isn't suitable for you (e.g 6-2) they will give you the option of changing to either 2-10 or 10-6 or if the department you are in isn't what you want to do they will try and move you to a different department.
Pros
Decent wage, progression, employee benefits, management, friendly staff
Cons
I love working in Stateside foods
Line Leader (Current Employee) –  Westhoughton1 November 2018
I started working in Stateside way back 2009, after 3 months I was promoted as Machine Operator and presently working as a Line Leader for almost 4 years now. I can't see myself working in other place. I love working here, very stable job and this company is continuously growing. I love working with my staff, I learn different type of cultures. Big chance of progressing if you want and you are capable.
Pros
All good for my opinion

Comment – 5 November 2018

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to send us a review, we really appreciate the feedback. :)

Fun workplace with lots of growth.
Departmental Manager (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester31 October 2018
I have worked at Stateside for several years now and have built strong relationships with my colleagues. It is a supportive working environment and management are always willing to take on recommendations and better ways of working. With extensive growth over recent years, there are many opportunities available.
Pros
Gym membership, corporate discounts, healthcare.

Full of opportunities
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Westhoughton30 October 2018
Stateside Foods is a place of many opportunities. I am currently an apprentice on a sponsored degree apprenticeship. In this role you get to rotate around the business to have a good overview of the whole business, before going into a particular role.

I learn something new everyday, working with different departments and carrying out day to day jobs and projects within departmental rotations.

I have learned a lot about time management and how it is important to keep a tabs on everything that you’re doing, otherwise you can lose track. Especially when you have university work to do as well, so it is important to manage your time well.
Pros
Free pizza, PerkBox with many online and retail discounts, sponsored degree apprenticeships available, good salary/wage, location.

Comment – 5 November 2018

good benfits and good pay if willing to work overtime
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Westhoughton29 October 2018
If you are able to give up a lot of your free time to the company then you will benefit with a lot of overtime.
Good employee benefits.
start time is always certain, finish time is not.
Pros
overtime available
Cons
overtime non-optional (you will be made to work overtime)

Comment – 30 October 2018

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to send us a review, we really appreciate the feedback!

If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to email the HRD Team on HRD.Requests@stateside-foods.co.uk.

Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester22 August 2018
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bolton21 August 2018
Ok company
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Bolton20 August 2018
Lots of benefits like free gym for two people and free pizzas but unapproachable management.
lots of different shifts including weekend shifts
.......
Pros
Free pizzas
Cons
Poor management

Comment – 8 October 2018

Food Production Operative (Former Employee) –  production12 August 2018
No organisation
Fork lift truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Westhoughton3 July 2018
At ground level the job is okay. The problem comes with the management and they're inability to organise anything. Your given no choice in matters that concern your own job if it suits them they'll move you to another department without a moment's notice.

Comment – 15 October 2018