Starbucks

Starbucks Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,732 reviews
Found 1,732 reviews matching the search
loved the people I worked with, they were kind friendly and we created a family bond. I was young nd left for uni but Starbucks will always hold a special place in my heart.
I worked in 3 different Starbucks in London and all them have been very unique. If the team and the managers are good, you wouldn't find a better job in customer service. Most people are very friendly and happy to train you when you first start. I was promoted as shift supervisor within 6 months working in the company. You always can ask your superior if you don't know something
Pros
Atmoshpere, customers, colleagues
Cons
Salary, long hours
Starbucks is a very fun place to work at I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a first job or someone who would like to work in a team. I would also recommend to a person who enjoys meeting different customers from different places especially tourists. Mornings are very busy as people are usually going to work but as closing time approaches it slows down.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Busy
Starbucks has changed a lot over the time I worked there. Overall the company is great, but the corporate side of management can be a nightmare. The people (partners) you work with in your store can be AMAZING, but this is over shadowed by the poor corporate management style. What used to be the company ‘for the people’, had latterly became the company all about profits and forgetting their roots

profits
Pros
Great people to work with, relaxed shift routine, shares in the company.
Cons
Corporate management, work/home balance, cliquy management.
If your a grafter you'll enjoy this job. On your feet a long time.
I went from barista to manager within 6 months if you show willing you'll do well.

Learn to make personal drinks for customers and remember their drinks they will always come back.

A love for coffee is essential as youll be tasting a lot of it. Good stop gap job and develops personal skillsyobtasting a lot
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Tired long hours
I worked for different franchises . Starbucks was my first job in the UK.
I enjoyed making the beverages. Customers are nice. It can be super busy sometimes but I actually really enjoyed the busy periods.

It all depends on your colleagues and management. Some places don't follow proper Starbucks rules and if you are trained as I was you suddenly can become a problem.
Pros
The job, the drinks, if you're lucky your team
Cons
Franchises don't pay properly and don't train properly
Toxic environment reinforced by horrible managers and extreme policies enforced by head office. No protection for employees, hours not guaranteed, not enough to live on. Always under staffed so the manager can get a bonus, and screwed if someone goes off sick.
I miss working for Starbucks as it is such a good company to work for. The employee benefits are great! I would definitely go back tomorrow if I could!
I worked at a Starbucks drive thru store for almost two years. When I first started, the management was lovely and friendly, never felt out of place. I was trained well and most staff were supportive. I was also very young at the time, I was only 16 but a lot of us were students and we all worked well. There was a lot of teamwork and generally people were nice, I still have friends two years later from this job because there was originally a great sense of community. The zero hour contract was ok most of the time, although at times we had too many staff and I would literally get zero hours per week. I wouldnt recommend this job if you have bills and this is your only source of income. This job is best for students. After a while, management changed. Things became stale and I feel like I was pressured into leaving. I was made to feel uncomfortable by the new manager. One supervisor also liked to purposely pick on me and even yell at me and embarrass me infringe of customers. A lot of petty comments and backstabbing went on and I didn’t feel comfortable in the end. I guess this varies store to store. Pay is minimum wage so don’t expect much, although you got free coffee, discounts and often free food. The hours were long, i used to work 12 hour days sometimes. Overall, the job itself is hard to begin but once you understand coffee it’s pretty straight forward. Coffee machines are easy to use, lots of new products you get to try first, although there was a huge amount of cleaning required. Often got stressful at the peak hours especially the drive thru.
Pros
Free coffee, discount, casual uniform
Cons
Zero hours, minimum wage, questionable management, stressful
Good stopping gap however terrible head office and HR. I worked for a franchise store not corporate so it is a completely different comapny and head office.
Being on the M25, catering for both southbound and northbound at times it would often get very busy and demanding. But with the right mindset and attitude to work you manage just fine. I really enjoyed working in this Starbucks because you meet new people and the customers were great. The culture was very close, pretty much a big friendship group.
Superbe training, tres formateur et bonne ambiance
Facilidad para conciliar vida laboral con vida privada. Muy buenas condiciones laborales y compañerismo.
morning shifts are difficult with early starts (5:30am) and very long queues, off-peak is fine and sort of relaxed (after lunch and evenings), management wasn't great but manageable to deal with, easy to make friends, quite repetitive work especially closing shifts (for example, the cleaning and tidying up).
Pros
employee discount, free drinks on shift
Cons
repetitive, not allowed free food, very early starts, busy mornings
Former Barista
Had a good training team and platform for partners

Shares available

Salary available

Tips available
Pro
Cons
I learned a lot at Starbucks, but the stress and pressure were not accompanied by decent pay. Work-life balance was absolutely non-existing. Recommend as a way to get some serious though skin, but then move on.
Pros
Builds you up.
Cons
Stressful and long hours.
I worked for a starbucks franchise under center parcs, which had it's own set of rules and guidelines which had to be adhered to before starbucks, however day to day operations were the same as a non franchised outlet
Very social environment with loyal regular customers who became friends with the staff very quickly and both staff and customers were welcoming, making it a good environment to work in.
Pros
Discounted drinks and food
Cons
Fast paced often non stop shifts
was very busy, very fast paced. Not enough break as was only 30 minute break for 9 hour shift. Had to stand on feet the whole time. Had good colleagues which made it fun.
customer service is amazing, good management, fast paced, good workplace culture, hardest part was when it got really busy, learned gd customer service.
I work in a franchise Starbucks FT Cafe so the pay is very different compared to a company owned Starbucks. My head office isn't great and doesn't listen to staff members, however my store and staff members are brilliant and a joy to work with.
Pros
Flexible hours, quick pace, constant learning.
Cons
Head office, Pay.