Stapletons Tyre Services Ltd Employee Reviews

Poor management overwork you just to meet targets
3.5t driver (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey6 December 2018
In the interview you are sold dreams about flexibility, early starts and early finishes. This job is idea if you have no family as you start between 5am and 7am and finish no ealier than 4pm if you're lucky. You are however paid an overtime rate but its almost complusary overtime.

Communication between departments can be very poor. The sales team will happly let you take out deliveries that have been cancelled just so they get a bonus whilst on the other hand you could have saved you'd yourself 30minute and the company some money in fuel and overtime payment.

People are constantly leaving because the training is at the very most basic but your'e expected to know everything from day one. I got half a day of training and i was on my own the next day. I made a mistake withing a month or so of starting and was charged a hefty £154 docked of my wages. Accidents are recovered of your wages if the bill is less than £2k to save on insurance premiums.

Confidential information is passed from management to employees over cigarette breaks then spreads throughout the company like wildfire.
No one really cares about your well being, ive had dentist appointments cancelled because we're short staffed. When people call in sick, those that have turned up suffer and end up being burdens with double runs and late finishes instead of getting agency staff in, as long as the deliveries get done the management is happy . No respect for drivers at all. Pull you up on the slightest of things. Cant lick a lollipop without someone telling you off.
Pros
reasonable pay
Cons
compulsary overtime, gossip at work, poor management
very good job
van driver (Former Employee) –  Peterborough15 November 2018
very goood job ,nice pay ,not many drops ,easy driving ,good vans , i like it ,nice people working there ,i am happy ,comapany happy ,its very good and recomended.
Pros
very good
Cons
very good
Terrible
Delivery Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Portbury10 October 2018
They have you working 12-13 hour days, you barely get to see a lunch break if you want to get home at a sensible time. I was usually overloaded and with not only laced tyres but tyres wedged in the back doors so once opened they fall on you unless you catch them, also tyres on passenger seat which is never ok. They have such a large agency turn over here the warehouse staff that pre loads our vans don't get training and have been loading our vans which led me to having to drag out at least 50 tyres for the first 4-5 drops just to get to the few I needed. I never had any training, I was handed the keys, paperwork and PDA device then left to it. Everything I learnt here was through the retail garage customers that knew the routine delivery process. I was there nearly 6 weeks before I fully understood how to complete the entire debrief form based on may route and wasn't chasing up information every time. So not only do they not give you any training at the Portbury depo, you will get miserable warehouse employees(due to the work) that will cuss you blind for not knowing everything they know. My advice, avoid working here. The pay is poor and the work/life balance is terrible. You're just another barcode to them.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Long days, poor loads, poor pay, poor management
The work team are great can’t say same about management
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire13 September 2018
I loved my job at Stapletons until they employed all new management that had no idea how to run a company.............................................
A dangerous and unrewarding work place
Warehouse Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire21 August 2018
Expected to work extra hours no excuses.most the staff are eather high or drunk .management haven't a clue but will hold you accountable for everything and adres you as a lower form of life.no team work kind of let some other mug do it from all members of staff .expect to be swore at and belittled by higher management but be expected to take a desaplinary if you retort. Kind of work place that you would be at in the 70s
Pros
Sunday off and maybe bank holidays
Cons
Absolutely waste of time and effort
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Warrington13 August 2018
We're do I begin there was a time when the job was good and everyone was like a family member then the jocks took over and implemented tools that are management that haven't got a clue how to manage or have people skills. the work load and staffing levels are terrible training is poor. It could be a good place of work if they got God of the management that's in place at the moment. Some experienced people have left due to being let down by the management. get rid of the nerd in the office upstairs.and it just might work
Pros
Cons
Overtime expected daily and treated worse than livestock
Team had a great family feel
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Letchworth6 August 2018
I really enjoy my time here it’s my first real job in a office environment I love the people I work with but feel I don’t have a challenge anymore I recommend Stapletons to anyone looking to start out in a office/sales job
Cowboys
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kent7 July 2018
Long hours, be prepared to work a 12 or 13 hour day. With working every other Saturday. They would get you working 7 days a week if they could. Vast turn over off staff. Employ loads of agency drivers because they can't keep staff. One half hour break if your lucky,but very rarely had a break. Ideal job if you don't have a life and want to work a 70 hour week.
Pros
Cons
How long you got.
Terrible
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portbury2 June 2018
Absolutely awful company to work for. No respect for staff members by senior members who expect the job to be priority over anything else whether its during work hours or not. Made to work yourself ill and threatened with disciplinary action if not compliant even if this means going into personal time.
Cons
Excellent company to work for
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Portbury Hub12 April 2018
I have worked for this company for a very long time and enjoy my work very much, as with every job you have good days and bad, but the good out-way the bad 100-1.
management are approachable and fair, very good company to work for, pay is fair for the area.
the staff onsite are all good guys who work very well as a team and have a laugh whilst working but get the job done and help each other out.
i would highly recommend this company to work for.
Pros
training, development, bonuses, people, management
Cons

Want to know more about Stapletons Tyre Services Ltd?

Ask a question
perfect home/work life balance
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire8 April 2018
started at the new staplton warehouse in peterborough perfect hours great team and my management team are helpful and supportive the day shift is ideal with anyone with a family life as for the first timei have a perfect balance between work and home and a bonus optional overtime on a saturday
Pros
i get to work and see my kids
Working at Stapletons
wharehouse operative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire5 April 2018
Just started working at new warehouse in Peterborough . Nice working environment friendly staff and management enjoying the job at the moment .......
Pros
Discount on tyres
Cons
No cons at present
Poor place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire21 March 2018
Poor place to work to many supervisors and team leaders not enough staff on shop floor expected to work overtime everyday if you don’t you get looked at like you a a piece of rubbish work load far to much constantly saying they will train staff but still to see it happen (8 months ago) hub manager want nothing all do with the place arr the staff in all a sinking ship
Pros
Mon-fri
Cons
Poor management
Job ruined by people
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey20 March 2018
Worked in Guildford for a while. The people with the biggest mouth work their way up in management. All stick and no carrot.
They have no people skills at all. Would not recommend working here to anybody.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Run by apes.
Great place... if you have the time!!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Portbury17 March 2018
Having worked for Stapletons for a short while I had to address some of the negatives on here. At the Bristol hub all the management are brilliant, they will not expect you to do things they wouldn’t! Training is good, I was given two weeks of training before being sent out on my own. Without exception all the drivers and warehouse guys are friendly and welcoming to new staff. The only reason I had to leave was the work/life balance. The job does require you to work overtime, usually daily. Normally not a problem but with a young child at home and a career wife out all the time it wasn’t for me.
Finally it is a great, easy job with good workmates, I just wish I could of carried on. Recommended for all!!!
Pros
Easy job, great colleagues
Cons
Lots of unscheduled overtime
Really poor management
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corby, Northamptonshire26 February 2018
Managed poorly by anyone above a supervisor. Have stood next to General Manager and witnessed him phone to warehouse and say "there''s a bit of paper on the floor pick it up" also stand next to a warehouse or and say the same rather than actually pick it up. Ruined what was a good depot constantly asking for new improvement ideas then shutting them down as he didn't like them even if they could actually improve productivity
Pros
Cons
Management namely senior ones
Treated like cattle
Driver (Former Employee) –  Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire20 February 2018
Middle management are clueless, more jobs for the boys mentality than looking after the workforce. Quite happy for you to work 12 hour days everyday, even Saturdays if they could get away with it.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Treated like a number
Warehouse - Nights - Portbury Bristol
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Portbury19 February 2018
Nights Manager is clueless about what goes on within a shift.

He has 'Favorites' within the staff who are not expect to work as hard as other members of the shift on a daily basis, if he decides he doesn't like you he will make you work in a manner no-one else is required to.

I either met or exceeded every target I was given during my training, yet my probation was extended and targets raised to levels above that of the permanent members of the team.
Pros
Easy work, Good Pay
Cons
Treated Poorly, Favorites Culture, Hard Work Not Appreciated
workplace
driver (Current Employee) –  Warrington11 February 2018
it could be a good place to work if management would take on ideas that the people in the job tell them it would make the job easier but it is my way or no way if you like long hours and little respect this is the place for you. you are under pressure from the moment you clock on that is why staff do not stay long or are looking for work
Pros
its monday friday
Cons
poor management and bad man management if you don, t like it leave
Poor place managment is a joke
Driver (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire6 February 2018
Poor place all take no give can not get you holidays wearhouse manager hasnt got a clue and is over his head and is more botherd in trying to sack staff some good lads who work there but very under staffed poor pay for what they have to do and talked to like dirt
Pros
If you need a job
Cons
Bad place avoid