Stapletons Tyre Services Ltd

Stapletons Tyre Services Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom76 reviews
Job was ok
Not a company that looks after there drivers only concern was getting delivery done
Saturday was always heavy with more drops than a week day but half the time to do it in
Easy job made difficult by poor management
The actual job is easy (maybe too easy) but thankfully there is a high level of disjointed management to make it all the more stressful.
I worked as a 3.5t multi drop driver for 5 long years in that time I was also a communication representative, a 5S champion & a health and safety representative.

When I first started it was an absolute breeze sure long day but delivering tyres and picking up casings(waste tyres) is exactly rocket science.

Over the years the company obviously expanded & took new measures like adding cameras to the Van's (safety first right) but they also put in driver facing camera's which you think fine in an accident I'm covered but alas they're reviewed all the time so you are pulled up for even the tiniest thing.

This lead to a total "them & us" culture that got (still is getting) worse & this made the job beyond stressful. I personally had had enough after one incident I had had a load onboard (loaded by warehouse team ) that collapsed onto me causing very painful injuries, I managed to complete my run (in blinding agony) upon returning I reported it & asked to be taken to hospital.

I was off work for almost a month. Within that time I was asked to come to work for an accident investigation (or face a disciplinary action.

I went in went through the course of event & returned home to recover while still on sick leave with my injuries I was told that I wouldn't be paid because the accident was my fault...BECAUSE I WASN'T WEARING A HIGH VIZ VEST.

Oh yeah that right the high viz VEST at STS can repel gravity.

Now as a health and safety representative
 - more...
Good work, for hard workers.
Fast paced, but very much easy to pick up. I came from agency temp role to being offered a full time job. Great team, good management. Often let down by other drivers. Zero team work that side of things, but management is solid.
Fantastic
Based at euro central I have only been with the company as a Saturday driver since December although it is a great wee number, never pushed and very competitive pay, would highly recommend
Place is in downfall. Nobody knows what there doing. The managers give you no help the just sit outside smoking all day long
Absolute rubbish company. Avoid this company at all costs. The expect everything from you but give you nothing in return apart from disrespect and negative comments
Fair company.
I had spent over 25yrs in the motor trade before going to Stapleton's,I found the company to be very professional and fair,both to staff and customers.however,my manager at the time could only be described as s immature bully to all staff except to the supervisor as he knew he would stand up to him.
Very Good Experience
Very Good Experience with this company. I really enjoyed the time spent. I was made to feel welcomed and encouraged to develop my skills throughout. There was a positive atmosphere.
Bullying culture driven down from the management
Hard working environment. Manual handling is a must. Tough targets to meet. Even if you excel at these you are still beaten down and bullied from the top management to do more.
eveyone gets on
I start at 05:30 see all the drivers out on time
I have a varied and challenging day and get on well with all the management.

the hardest part of the job is finding cover when drivers go sick
Pros
motorsport tickets
Cons
Not a very nice place unless youre a favourite
Too fast pace non stop .breaks are too early .too close together.get moaned at if u take too long to unload 1000 tyres or more.if youre one of the favourites youre ok they leave you alone .same people all the time unloading and checking tyres coming off containers and lorries.want to know why youre not doing any work if they see youre not working or doing anything 5 min or more ...
Bad place to work
No 1 stays there little legs treads you bad they make you do over time even when you don’t want it you have to work your dinner breaks, they are on the phone to you if your not doin your delivery’s on time
They are a good mechanic
I Wouldn't work for them again The pay wasn't enough to live on and I didn't feel comfortable cuz they were older than me and it's a small atmosphere to work in
Okay place to work but....
Not forthcoming about hours. Hours i was quoted when I interviewed were complete fiction. Made to work spilt shifts. Didn't enjoy my time there tbh.
warehouse operative eurocentral
Avoid. Hard grafting 8 hours a day with one unpaid break for a whole shift. Slightly above minimum wage. Expect to handball 5 -6 containers a day. tipping to couple thousand tyres a shift. Management a joke full of promises, but at the end of a day expect u to get the job done no matter what. No sick or holiday covers for teams , forced to do overtimes as they are short of staff all the time. Just avoid, there are better places to work.
Don't touch them with a bargepole
The most incompetent management team ever worked for, expected to work all hours on barely minimum wage, no trust within the work place what so ever, lot of talk behind your back they would gladly be as nice as pie to your face then slag you off when back turned
Warehouse
50 characters or minimum just isn’t a lot to confirm what a terrible place to work with management style!!! Avoid company .. unhappy staff levels, bad management. Min wage for hard grafting. Better places to work with better pay! Just avoid erdington branch.
Pros
Going home
Cons
To many to mention
Bad atmosphere
Poor pay, management inadequate. Staff morale low.

Used to be nice place to work, but not anymore.

Far too much expected of the drivers, the twice daily drivers are lucky to get their break and that is only half an hour.
Pros
Cons
Management treat everyone else like idiots.
Receptionist
For the few days I was there as I was there temporarily, the work environment was very friendly and easy-going. The hours were good and the staff were always helpful.
Underpaid hard work
Very hard work for low money. Hardly above minimum wage and very exhausting. One break a day makes me very tyred. Managers do not like see you resting for a second. Feels like slave labour
Pros
job security, overtime guaranteed, clean workplace, uniform given immediately, paid bank holidays
Cons
Very hard work and only one break a day, money is too low for such hard work, main manager is very picky
Terrible avoid working here
Terrible place 2 work

Delivery Van Driver (Former Employee) 9.4.19

They have you working you barely get to see a lunch break if you want to get home at a sensible time. I was usually overloaded with laced tyres and tyres wedged in the back doors so once opened they fall on you unless you catch them.They have such a large staff turn over here the warehouse staff that pre loads our vans don't get training and have been loading our vans which led me to having to drag out at least 50 tyres for the first 4-5 drops just to get to the few I needed. I never had any training, I was handed the keys, paperwork and PDA device then left to it. Everything I learnt here was through the garages that knew the routine delivery process. I always had to ring up to get the correct info form base on my route. So not only do they not give you any training at the wakefield depo, you will get warehouse staff and other drivers that are miserable due to the lack off training, now dont get me started on the office staff it is run by a bunch off monkeys that tell all the other drivers your business and what you have or haven't done My advice, avoid working here.The pay is poor for the hours you have to work and the work is terrible. You're just another number to them.
Pros
you know whats happening to other staff
Cons
Poor pay, bad manner i could carry on .....
Unfreindly Management
Expect to much from you for low wages don't care about you as an individual.Unfreindly Management and the workplace drivers always seemed unhappy in the workplace. The only enjoyable part of the job was getting away from the depot but you are watched all the time with cameras in the cab and exterior of the vehicle. The hardest part of the job is the weight of some of the tyres you deliver.
Pros
Your work colleagues
Cons
Managment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stapletons Tyre Services Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9