Staples Employee Reviews

Not Great
Copy Print Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow4 June 2018
Very quiet store as the general public either don't know it exists or think it's only for trade. This caused my store to go out of business, meaning that there was a team of 5 of us in a huge shop.

Before I quit, my managers had gotten new jobs –understandably– and one of the 'Acting Supervisors' had to stand in place of the managers as the company couldn't afford to hire anymore staff.

This 'Acting Supervisor' –while in charge of the shop– decided to steal approx. £3,500 of stock from the store.
Pros
Quiet, barely any work to do
Cons
Out of business
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Redditch, UK23 May 2018
Really enjoyed my role here as a sales team leader. Great team to work with and had lots of happy sales and customers here. very understanding with flexible working allowances.
Nice and very professional place of work
Front Store Operator (Former Employee) –  Distrito de Lisboa25 April 2018
Was a very nice experience and the best part was that our employers recognized our merit, I enjoyed workig there, they were always very concern with the well being of the employees as well as the customers.
Since I had a small child I was given the opportunity to work only the morning shift witch meant work every Sundays.
Pros
Always evolving
Cons
Sundays only a 12 hours shift
Sales adviser
Sales Adviser (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 April 2018
Dealt with customer enquiries and complaints face-to-face and over the telephone, resolving any issues quickly and efficiently and rarely had to escalate them to management to resolve. A brilliant job.
Pros
nice lunch hours
Cons
nothing
It's a shame Staples UK didn't last.
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Banbury10 March 2018
(A review of Staples only - this does not include my views and opinions of the change over to Office Outlet)

The manager I had during my time working here was positive and full of energy. He cared about his staff as well as customers and the business and managed two store locations.

He was supportive in providing several weeks of training. On my first day, I unfortunately had a collision, he was very understanding and insisted I went home early that day so I could sort my car.

The team were very focused and all worked well together. There were strong friendships and the atmosphere was very welcoming.

The training was extremely great when I started, I was appointed to manage the Warehouse department, and that is probably the biggest job within the store. Managing stock, shrink and waste,, loss prevention and ensuring great results for the annual stock take.

Work and life balance was fair. Managers would swap weekends - one weekend on, one weekend off. Maximum of two evenings a week, but often only ended up being one, with 8pm the latest finish.

Criticism would be that during periods of being short staffed or implementing big promotions that staff were expected to work longer hours and days off. Overtime pay wasn't allowed, so you were promised the time "back in lieu" , but you would never get that time back, so it often worked out you technically have been paid under minimum wage cuz of the extra time you have done.

Discount was 10% off pretty much everything and then 30% off copy and print.

Learning about the copy and print centre, and how to print
  more... and make products was the most enjoyable part of the job.  less
Not nice place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlow, Essex7 March 2018
A very hard job management not good expected you to work all hours even though at the time my child was young and family didn't come into their way of employment
Pros
Cons
bad managment
Not a very good company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bradford12 February 2018
Wouldnt say it was a very good company to work for, always squeezing the most out of their staff which are on very little pay. Company ended up going bust in 2016
Hard work
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, NJ8 February 2018
As a customer service representative, I assisted customers with
selecting the best product for their home and office needs.
not assisting customers on the sales floor, I helped stock the shelves
and picked warehouse orders to assure the quickest
service to our customers.
Pros
great meeting customers
Cons
low pay
Unsociable Hours
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bolton1 February 2018
The job itself was enjoyable and very challenging, however the job required working various late night shifts which made added significant strain on m y social life.
Pros
Fast paced and challenging
Cons
Unsociable Hours
not good to work for
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset17 January 2018
Do not work here. you are over worked under paid and treated poorly by upper management. staff are friendly but the amount of stress upper management put on team leaders can cause confrontations between them and general staff to get tasks completed for unrealistic deadlines.
Pros
freindly staff (when not stressed)
Cons
poor pay, bad upper management, unrealistic goals and deadlines, stress
busy workplace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham17 January 2018
a typical day was busy, management was very friendly and helpful, the hardest part of the job was finishing late nights in the cold, the most enjoyable was the people you meet and get to work along side with.
Mad busy, high volume of phone calls
Senior Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire12 January 2018
Although I enjoyed my time at Staples, this was the most mad and busiest business I ever worked for.
Phones ringing constantly, many unhappy employees.
Pros
busy, before you realised you just got to work, it was a home time
Cons
no management to start with, short staff
Lovely set of people
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Aston, West Midlands21 December 2017
Honestly cannot say a bad word about this place. Worked there but had to leave due to personal reasons but thouroughly enjoyed my time there. Boss was lovely and approchable if there was an escalation she was willing to take it. Section manager was a gem of a woman who I will always remember fondly on top of that free car parking and decent working hours, Wage also went up whilst I was there, A decent place and a company who customer service is paramount.
alright
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry18 December 2017
i only did work experience so there wasn't much to it. i learnt to do the basics and people showed me what to do. i worked for 2 weeks straight and give me a good insight into the retail world.
Very nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford4 December 2017
I really enjoyed working in Staples Corner.
Lovely people to work with . And it was lovely to help and make customers happy.
I've learned good communicating skills and teamwork skills.
Good company to work for as a student or straight out of education
Technical Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln4 December 2017
Typical retail duties involved helping customers, restocking the products, working on the till, keeping the shop tidy. Minimum wage, both part time and full time work available. Supportive and helpful management staff.
Busy fun enviroment
Store Associate (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Bristol, UK16 November 2017
Good work ethics. People friendly, very busy work schedules never a dull day. Great for customer service. Best part of the job was the feeling of helping customers choose the right product for their needs.
Pros
People Contact
Productive and fun workplace in South of England
Picker (Former Employee) –  Boston8 November 2017
I prefer to work at warehouse.
I will be happy, if the working atmosphere is friendly, professionally and funny. That is necessity for me ,because I'd like to improve my level of English language. At the moment my language's skills are around thirty procent.
I have really good experience at the packhouse of ,,Staples Vegetables". There I worked as made the orders for ,,Waitrose".
My working place was ,,the dispatch" of the packhouse.
My contract was temporary/for six months/, Now I am in Bulgaria, but I'd like to find job from New Year, especially in The South of England, my loved place of UK.
fun place to work
Customer Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Willenhall, West Midlands5 November 2017
Part time job which I enjoyed. Working here was fun and the people were always a good laugh. The best part of the job is helping customers get everything they need.
Good experience
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Reading28 September 2017
Staples place for me to develop personal skills that I am able to transfer into next roles. The working culture there was fantastic and we worked as an effective team to reach our goals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K