Stantec
Coronavirus update
Information from Stantec:

Stantec Employee Reviews

United Kingdom24 reviews
Like many other companies, they tend to over hype their own values. ‘We value our people’ is only relevant until you are made redundant.
They do claim to search for other relevant roles within Stantec, but no evidence of this is provided.
great company, good benefits, friendly environment and plenty of room for progression in your career. the interview experience was good and enjoybale .
Nice office generally but sadly totally ruined by an awful line manager.
I witnessed long serving staff members reduced to tears by this person on a number of occasions and decided I did not want to join them.

Three other staff members came to the same conclusion and left in the short time I was there.
Editing drawings using CAD which are reviewed by the engineers and then sent to the client.

Sometimes there was too much or not enough work to go round which was stressful having to find stuff to do.
Flexible working hours, relaxed environment and very friendly and helpful colleagues. Interesting projects and the company is very supportive towards attaining professional institutional memberships.
The company employs good people and has a good culture. There is a real focus on doing the right thing for clients and ensuring long term relationships are cultivated.
...

management was very skilled at people skills and a great confidence builder for the general workforce. always ther if needed help .intresting

Pros
hours
Cons
Peter Brett Associates Ltd. es una empresa inglésa cual solo tiene oficinas en inglaterra.
Excellent workplace placement, they made me feel very welcome. I was given plenty of work to do and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
Answering phones, liaising with clients, filing, data entry.

Learnt about their system but not much else.

Didn't liaise much with management.

Not great!

Nothing was that hard.

Helping clients.
Learned some useful skills, such as using CAD software, drawing and copying blueprints etc
People were friendly, good work environment, fairly relaxed,
Promote a good work/life balance.
Open to allowing workforce to further themselves if they see it as beneficial.

Flexible working hours, allows you to move start/end time on day-to-day basis.
everything I have learned is in my CV and overall I enjoyed it very much as it gave me an insight into what I could be doing in the future. also, everyone was welcoming and helped me settle in for that week.
the business is an LLP (45 partners circa) and they are always arguing internally about the best way to do things. It is deemed to be the normal culture for senior management. directors and partners to call out and yell at staff in public forum in front of everyone causing humiliation and loss of confidence.

If you plan a career in your field then they will push you into something else without you even having a say, do it or leave!

no payrises - you don't make money in support services so you don't deserve a payrise!

micromanagement to a tee... I'm surprised I was able to go for a wee without being told how to do it.

I lost confidence in the knowledge I gained in my qualifications whilst working here, I would never recommend it.
Pros
garden in the summer, location by river
Cons
partners arguing, you have no say in your work
Based on my experience, the most enjoyable aspect at PBA was the social connection the employees have with each other and the healthy working atmosphere .
Post was my main role here, I loved this job for at least 6 years but wanted to try something new so I learned secretarial skills on the job there and took a pay cut to do it. A great place to work
Pros
Was my own boss
Cons
No help in the post room sometimes
Work life is split between office and site based work. The company has a good work ethic and will aim to carry out the work and reporting to a high standard as possible.
Pros
Good variety of work
Cons
Low pay
A typical day for me was over 10 hours (unpaid overtime and no time in lieu either), due to an increasing workload and a refusal from management to acknowledge this - as admin, work is deemed easy and unimportant and as such management fails to understand how admin and support CAN be so busy.

In general there is a good deal of infighting between partners, and a culture of who you know, rather than what you know, and as far as admin and support are concerned, regard them (openly) as second class citizens,

My line manager bullied me and took many side swipes at me (to publicly humiliate me) to the point I could not face going into work again, and tendered notice - HR felt that this was unreasonable as management had a right to make decisions that I would not agree with, and despite a number of previous complaints from other staff members, refused to acknowledge that my line manager intentionally went out of their way to make my life as awful as possible.

Many other managers felt free to publicly critize work in an open office setting - this is accepted practise regarding admin.

Management also do not seem to see the value of a thank you for hard work, instead they believe in teach by harsh critism (and you dont make the same mistake again to be fair).

As a last "thank you" despite my working in extra time at the companies request while they sought to find a replacement, and despite having 5 sick days allowed as payable, they didnt pay me for one sick day - of which 4 I was ordered to take by my line manager!

All in all, I would not recommend PBA as this was an
 - more...
Pros
Lovely co-workers, nice office space
Cons
Bad management, bad HR practices, dishonesty.
Comment – 30 September 2015
As a current member of staff looking for a job elsewhere, though not in the same area I fully agree with this.
My typical day was doing the incoming post.

Then I would either do a bit of photocopying or binding documents ordering stationery.

I would book couriers and be the main contact in the Post Room
A growing organization, across a broad range of engineering fields. However, morale was low due to stifled pay rises and a culture whereby it was acceptable for managers to deal with problems inappropriately e.g. by publicly shouting at staff members. Probably doesn't help that it's an LLP structure, and had a lot of infighting between the partners.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
It's acceptable for managers to openly shout at staff in the office, low pay for support staff
Much the same as my Morgan Cole/Blake Morgan day.... General admin
Pros
Cons
It was fine