Standard Life Aberdeen

Standard Life Aberdeen Employee Reviews

United Kingdom10 reviews
Collaborative, positive work culture with people keen to do the right thing for customers and team. Leadership team provides clear direction on Strategy and Target Outcomes
A fair employer and well-run business going through a lot of change globally. post-merger and selling off part of the business. Employing good people.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Great T & C, ahead of the market in many respects. I have only been there for 7 months as a contractor, however really happy there. very professional, great facilities.
Pros
great location, good subsidised restaurant
Cons
long hours but thats due to tranformation activity and not a precedent for permanent staff
Just like any other pensions administration company - those that had worked in pensions admin before would fit in perfectly

Good work life balance - flexible hours
good place to work. good conditions, management support was good. plenty opportunities to take on other roles. very collaborative culture with colleagues always willing to support
Staff are well looked after and loyal to the company. Employees are friendly and it feels like a real team unit. A good place to work in my opinion! No bad comments to make.
Pros
Staff, building and work ethics
Cons
Location of Dundas House is not the best to get to or park which is expensive
Provided invaluable skills in the corporate world as well as in the Actuarial and Statistics Industry. A typical day consisted of checking model results and delivering results to validation, with occassional investigations when output was inconsistent. Formed a network with young Actuaries to facilitate pursuing my future career.
Pros
Competitive pay and friendly work environment
Cons
Too short
Good company. Good work life balance and benefits. Large corporate company. Many perks sunsidised canteen. Many opportunities available within the company
During my time at standard life I realised how important it was to have a good culture in a workplace. The people were all so friendly and willing to take me on and my coordinator was extremely lovely and worked hard to give me a full experience. Working at standard life changed my outlook on office jobs.
Standard Life is an ok place to work. Senior Management are good as are first line managers, it is the layers in between who struggle to interpret what the vision is.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Life Aberdeen. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4