Standard Life Aberdeen Employee Reviews

Relaxed but limited progression
Client Executive (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen14 November 2019
Just like any other pensions administration company - those that had worked in pensions admin before would fit in perfectly

Good work life balance - flexible hours
CASS Representative (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh25 June 2019
Staff are well looked after and loyal to the company. Employees are friendly and it feels like a real team unit. A good place to work in my opinion! No bad comments to make.
Pros
Staff, building and work ethics
Cons
Location of Dundas House is not the best to get to or park which is expensive
Excellent
Intern (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh20 March 2019
Provided invaluable skills in the corporate world as well as in the Actuarial and Statistics Industry. A typical day consisted of checking model results and delivering results to validation, with occassional investigations when output was inconsistent. Formed a network with young Actuaries to facilitate pursuing my future career.
Pros
Competitive pay and friendly work environment
Cons
Too short
Challenging . Great benefits. Large corporate company
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh9 September 2018
Good company. Good work life balance and benefits. Large corporate company. Many perks sunsidised canteen. Many opportunities available within the company
Great culture
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh31 May 2018
During my time at standard life I realised how important it was to have a good culture in a workplace. The people were all so friendly and willing to take me on and my coordinator was extremely lovely and worked hard to give me a full experience. Working at standard life changed my outlook on office jobs.
An OK place to work
Platform Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh30 January 2018
Standard Life is an ok place to work. Senior Management are good as are first line managers, it is the layers in between who struggle to interpret what the vision is.