Stagecoach Bus Employee Reviews

Challenging industry where a sense of achievement can be the best payment
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City22 October 2018
Working for Stagecoach in what was a challenging yet rewarding position, offering services to the public which had to be delivered as the right to travel is not one that can be taken lightly, so many people depend on local bus services for work and personal life, Stagecoach have stripped away so much that delivering the service some days seemed almost impossible but through our own dedication and hard work we managed, very little praise if any when it went well but one thing go wrong or a poor decision made by any team member....
Pros
Free local bus travel, pension scheme, various deals as you would expect when working with a large company
Cons
Long hours, very little support from Director leve
Company dont care about you
Driver (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire13 January 2019
I've been at stagecoach Northampton for a year and the job is not great. The other drivers are great, if it wasn't for them I'd have left already. The pay is pretty good but you do have to graft for it. Long hours, short breaks. Constant rota changes make it impossible to have any kind of social/family life. In the year I have been here I reckon I've had over 10 rota changes, and it still continues to this day - often with little notice... but those with the power to change things have no inclination as these changes don't affect them. Late finishes and early starts.. I often get up at 02.30 to come into work. If you have a day off sick you will be punished by way of them covering your next shift too, or even two if it happens to be at the weekend.
To sum up.. the job is not the problem. It really could be a great place to work if the management cared one iota about their staff. It's a shame that I am looking for another bus company to work for - as I'm sure nothing is going to change for the better anytime soon 🙄
Pros
Good pay, weekly.
Cons
No life, poor management, zero support/respect
Just a number no back up from management
Bus driver (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside4 February 2019
If you want to be stressed to high heaven
Have no work life balance
Be treated like a number by management
Be treated by the public like a piece of dirt
This is the job for you
If you got any brains give this company a wide berth
Pros
Long weekends, pay ok
Cons
The rest (not worth the hassle and stress)
Awful company to work for
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Ayr, South Ayrshire12 January 2019
Poor management , bullying tactics on a daily basis. Absolutely no support offered to employees. Poor ethics and no morals.
Regardless of length of service you are just a number.
Pros
Weekly wage
Cons
Long hours, no family life, stressful dealing with bullies as bosses
Typical Day
Customer Service Inspector/Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear15 January 2019
A typical day working with Stagecoach, Providing a service to the travelling public in a friendly and professional way.
Management will work with you to ensure you provide that service,
You are given full training and have periodic training to ensure you can conduct your work.
Sometimes it can be difficult to get your views of how the job is done across, but some managers will work with you to achieve that goal.
Due to timing of services and traffic delays it can be a hard job keeping to timetables.
Most enjoyable is the friends you make both at work and outside of work.
Pros
free uniform, and workplace pension scheme.
Cons
Hours can be long depending on shifts
Ok if you havent got a family and dont get out much
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, brynmawr, merthyr tydfil24 September 2018
Ok to work for but long hours over 5/6 day week
No social life
No good for family life
Wages not to bad can earn decent money and pension scheme is fairly good.
Management is not great and can never get holidays when wanted
Pros
Decent wages and pension
Cons
Long hours, poor managment, no social life
if you enjoy having no parts and working with broken tools come to stagecoach
PSV Mechanic (Current Employee) –  South East30 December 2018
any issues reported to management don't go any further they are all full of broken promises. the depot is dangerous and dark and unlit at times. nearly all of the tools and equipment are broken or bodged together and you find that even the simplest of tasks are made 10 times harder due to the lack of parts or the correct equipment for the job.

then when you order parts for a vehicle which should be condemned you get told they can't find them on the system or most likely they just put your parts form straight in the bin
Pros
Pay is okay for a MON- FRI
Cons
Poor organisation and lack of skill
Easy & quite enjoyable job
Platform Conductor (Former Employee) –  Arbroath, Angus22 October 2018
I worked as a conductor & on the whole it is not a bad job - long shifts but the job is what you make it . You get to meet a variety of plenty people . The job is quite easy once you get to know all the tickets etc . It can be hard work as the buses do get busy but the time soon flies in .
The negatives of the job comes from management or so called management - their treatment of staff who are off unwell due to health problems is disgusting . They have no compassion and want you back to work at any cost . Unfortunately my health suffered as I came back to work too early due to them harassing me & now I can no longer do the job . Staff who are off with a Doctors certificate are treated abysmally . The problem is not with Stagecoach but the depot I worked from was a disgrace . I have never seen so many staff leave in such a short space of time & good staff at that .
Would not recommend working at the depot I experienced .
Pros
Meeting a variety of people
Cons
It’s not as bad as people make out
Bus Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Thanet District, Kent31 January 2019
I am at Thanet and the company are not as bad as people make out, yes there is a high turnover but management are fantastic and understanding.
If you keep your head down and get on with your job, and keep duvet days to a bear minimum your be fine, act up or be stupid they won’t hesitate to see you down the road, like any big company, pay is good I work lates so fits in around my lifestyle, I wouldn’t put anybody off working for stagecoach they are better than most to work for
Pros
Great pay and social club
Cons
Hours can be long but rewarding
Bus Driver Job Security
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen21 September 2018
PCV licence you can get a job with any bus company. Long hours and weekend work it can be hard to strike a good work life balance. Don’t take things personally
Pros
Gettting out and about. Different routes. Turn up to work and do your duty and go home no stresses.
Cons
Long Hours. Working Weekends. Discipline from management. Buses breaking down.
Not for everyone
customer service (Former Employee) –  Sheffield9 November 2018
This is Supertram not bus........

Easy job but Terrible management who have run the business into the ground. They make new rules up daily and love disciplining people because they can no discretion or compassion you are simply a number. The turnover of staff is ridiculous people come and go quicker than the queues at primark no regard for long serving staff. Don't get sick if you like working between 5am and 1am this may be the job for you be warned you can finish a week of lates at 1am 1day off then you will be back in at 5am.the job messes with your body clock and fatigue will quickly set in
Pros
Free bus pass
Cons
Terrible managment
Don't waste your time.
PCV Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Merseyside20 February 2019
The management are bullies and if you disagree with their opinions they will find reasons to get rid of you.
You're expected to change plans to accommodate them at the drop of a hat and if you don't, you get no help when you need it.
You're expected to drive vehicles that aren't up to standard and told to "carry on" when you're outside of the traffic window and can't get your time back.
It's definitely not what you know it's who you know.
Pros
Free bus travel
Cons
Excruciatingly bad management.
Extremely busy, good working relationships
Cash controller (Former Employee) –  Stockport town centre2 November 2018
It's can be a fairly pressured environment with deadlines to meet. Over 200 staff based in the finance offices, although we are all part of the finance centre, each department appears isolated.
All managers are approachable and helpful. They are situated in open offices with the relevant teams. Directors are the ones in private offices.
The work is varied, each day brings a different challenge.
Pros
Good pension, free travel, flexible working hours
Cons
Breakdown of comunication between higher managment and lower management
Awful company
Bus Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Aldershot, Hampshire16 September 2018
Dreadful company to work for. Long hours, average pay and very poor management attitude. Controllers have no idea how to speak to or get best out of staff. If your face fits then you can get away with anything.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, management attitude
For your own sanaty avoid
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Not stated9 October 2018
Do you want to be valued by your employer ?

do you want a good management team behind you?

Do you want a company that will listen .

If your answer is yes to the above avoid this job at all cost because you don't get that.

Do you want to be pushed to your ultimate limit then told you're not doing enough do you want to be critasised and slaged off behind your back for taking a day off welcome to stagecoach.
Pros
Full time pay
Cons
Stagecoach as a whole.
could be better
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire25 October 2018
Worked for stagecoach twice in the past.
Last time I had to give a weeks notice because of a family commitment, enjoyed the job and I learned a lot as I passed my test with them 15 years ago, been driving buses for that long and now when I apply to get a job back in Cambridge depot they say I have not enough experience, even though they are in the press moaning about staff shortages.
Pros
free travel
Cons
bad management
Rubbish
BUS DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Kent15 January 2019
Iv been at stagecoach for 11 year. This job is rubbish . If you have kids you will never see them..
Management will do everything to get you sacked.
Inspectors will try and get you sacked
Pros
Cons
13 hours a day
ok
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester29 November 2018
Ok to work for MUST be very careful though when they are over staffed they wont think twice about sacking you no matter how good a worker or how good at the job you are
Pros
work mate banter
Cons
management
Money to be made, enjoy driving
Driver (Former Employee) –  Aldershot, Hampshire26 October 2018
If you enjoy driving and meeting different members of the public with different situations and dealing with cash you're all good. It's typical public bus work.
Pros
Enjoy driving
Cons
Management & Customer relations
job
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire30 October 2018
apply by all mean but if you face dont fit then wont keep it as most get the job do the training then after 3 month get dismissed for sill reasons my advice keep to your self and do the job dont get involved with other coleagues
Pros
goot money
Cons
management not a clue

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stagecoach Bus. Our community is ready to answer.