STAFFORDSHIRE UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Directionless marketing
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire14 September 2018
Clueless, dept managed by agency and freelance staff that talked the talk and were happy to take the money. Shadow of its former self. So much wasted talent and expertise brushed under the carpet in favour of report writing wannabes.
Benefits
Cons
Managed by externals with no people skills who just want to further their careers
The culture of corruption, nepotism and bulling in the Business School
Former member of teaching staff (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire13 June 2018
I would not recommend this organisation for employment. The culture of bulling and harassment in the Business School. Management is corrupt and there is a culture of fear and nepotism.
Pros
Friendly colleagues
Cons
Corruption, Bulling, Nepotism, Culture of Fear
Great Place to Learn
Student (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire7 April 2018
Stafforshire University has one of the best facilities for a crafts person. Technicians are extremely helpful and can give 'art-saving' advice anytime.
Pros
Close to train station
Cons
Horrible Town
Friendly Work Place
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent22 March 2018
Working independently and receiving feedback from peers regarding content of course and also signposting students experiencing social and personal issues to relevant agencies.
Pros
Presentations To Large Crowds
University
Student (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire22 September 2017
Very good University, staff are supportive and understanding. will go out of the way to help you if you're struggling. The course provided me with interesting modules and assignments which I thoroughly enjoyed.
Productive and Interesting
Student Representative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire17 July 2017

Required to log and communicate the responses received efficiently, to be presented at meetings held fortnightly with the head of the course.
Friendly work place
Senior Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire15 July 2017
A typical day at work was dealing with students enquiries, either changing their courses intermitting or withdrawing them which was done using a SIS system.
Pros
Local to travel to
Cons
Long hours at different times of the year
Great university
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire13 July 2017
This university has given me the opportunity to advance in my dreams to become a medical doctor and as such I am truly grateful. You form many friendship bonds with people and some do last a life time
It was an amazing experience
Excellent Admin (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire3 June 2017
I absolutely loved my thee days at Stafford-shire University it was the greatest three days of my life and i learned many exciting things! I would recommend everyone to go and experience Uni-life at an very early age .
Good workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire2 June 2017
There was workplace culture and management was really good. I was able to learn and develop my existing skills. A typical day at work included reading and researching journal articles.
Long hours were expected
Project Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent9 May 2017
The days were your own as far a starting and finishing. As long as you got the job done and the funding in then the management were pretty relaxed about time keeping.
Pros
The qudos of getting something through from inception through to completion was immense
Cons
Long hours, endless paperwork
friendly environment
Graduate Intern (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire University22 March 2017
great work environment, friendly people, was trusted to work on my own initiative and also felt supported within a team would continue employment here if the opportunity presented itself.
Fun workpace
Catering Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire4 February 2017
Working in the Brindley Food Court was great. Getting to interact with students, getting to work with some really great people and having the flexibility to study alongside the job really did make working here a great experience.
Excellent place to be - all of this new, young talent!
Student LLB (Hons) Law (Current Employee) –  Staffordshire University at Stoke on Trent26 January 2017
Being surrounded by fresh minds, be they the same age as me or just starting out, has a remarkably refreshing effect.

There is never a day that I go home feeling disappointed, depressed or that I have made a mistake in any way.

I would recommend Staffordshire University to anybody, student or employee alike.
Pros
Clean working environment with high levels of investment on campus
Cons
Can be long hours especially if you get involved in extra curricular activities
Challenging and varied
Head of Corporate Programmes (Former Employee) –  Stoke on Trent16 January 2017
I enjoyed a varied and challenging role at Staffordshire University, and was honoured to have led a team of exceptionally capable and professional people, and to work with passionate and knowledgeable colleagues.

Working in Higher Education, in a role assisting middle and senior managers develop and improve their skills, was enormously rewarding and one where I could see I was having a direct positive impact on peoples working lives.
Pros
Academic environment, access to development opportunities
Cons
Parking at busy times was a nghtmare
Monotone, but quick and easy
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire12 January 2017
Working as a domestic assistant for Staffordshire University, is very monotone as you clean rooms that look exactly the same over and over again, but because you get into it so much, the day goes very fast, and working with a team also makes it more interesting, unless there's co-workers that are slacking that makes the work feel 10 times worse than it is. The most enjoyable part of the job is completing all tasks, as you achieve cleanliness in the rooms and being satisfied with your hard work.
Terrible place to work now
Facilities Management (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent14 September 2016
Was once a good place to work. Awful now management don't know what they are doing. They don't care about the staff, they are just out to make money, dedicated staff have lost all enthusiasm
Pros
Pay: terms and conditions
Cons
I enjoyed working here we all got on really well
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent10 August 2016
It was really busy place to work especially term time, which was good. we all got on really well, made a good team. I learned a lot here the different jobs in catering. the hardest part was a lot of the time there wasn't enough staff, but I enjoyed the banter that we all had with each other and the customers.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short staffed
Productive work place
part time lecturer (Current Employee) –  researcher1 August 2016
Have lovely work environment where you can make right balance of work and life. Good staffs and logistics supports and high standard teaching delivery
Pros
friendly approachable people
Cons
not 24 hours access
Great Place To Work
Postgraduate Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent8 June 2016
Fun
Good team environment
Fast paced
Always something different to do each day
Work environment was comfortable and welcoming
People working around me were always willing to help and support my growth