St. Mary's University Employee Reviews

Hierarchical and fear based institution
Learning and Development Advisor (Former Employee) –  Strawberry Hill9 October 2018
Hierarchical and fear based institution. Political games, departmental division and rife bullying. In my time here most people with any talent and prospect would leave.
Productive place to work in
Head of Revenue (Former Employee) –  University Campus3 September 2018
A very professional environment and people development environment.

Friendly people and safe environment to work in. Very close to transportation services e.g. train station is only a few minutes away from site and lots of bus stations.

Working hours are very flexible although there is no flexi hours. There is a huge staff canteen with discounted meals for all members of staff. Very conducive environment and very close to shops and shopping centres within the Twickenham area and minutes away from Thames river as well.
There is job security and members of staff are very welcoming and willing to assist should there be a need for it.

There is an open door policy to the FD and to the Chief finance officer where staff can approach them for anything should there be any need for it.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Normal hours
Productive and Rewarding Workplace
CHAPLAINCY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Twickenham, Greater London19 May 2018
A typical day at work would vary from day to day depending on any events that might have been taking place. In the morning I would go into the deputy chaplains office and we would discuss the objectives for that day, whether it be inventory, setting up for mass, or other events, organising, etc. I learned a lot about things that have to go on behind the scenes just for basic things and events to take place.
Pros
Free Lunches and rewarding for personal faith
Cons
job changes day to day
Loved doing my PGCE here
student teacher (Former Employee) –  london23 January 2018
I would recommend this University to everyone, I felt fully supported throughout my time here. The sports culture is second to none, you will love it.
Student life
Student (Current Employee) –  Strawberry Hill2 October 2017
Its been a great few years so far. Lots of friendly students and great staff. campus isn't to big that you feel overwhelmed by it all. Lots of sports oppurtunities with almost all facilites owned by St Marys, except swimming.
Varied interesting work
Social Psychology Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, England18 September 2017
Small department with a friendly atmosphere. Tasks varied from recruiting participants, designing surveys to conducting statistical analysis. Great way to see the inner workings of a university psychology department.
Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Twickenham, Greater London22 June 2017
I was a student there. Overall and nice small community. As a student, I think most of the lecturers days were spent teaching with a few hours off here and ther for meetins and tutorials and planning. Most students are lovely, so if you decide to work there it would be in a enjoyable enviroment. The campus is not too big to get lost in -once you get family with the school- and theres a great work relationship
great work place
Domestic cleaner in Estates and Facilities (Current Employee) –  Twickenham, Greater London3 May 2017
. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the other people.

. And learning new skills

. great manager

. nice work place

. great location

. great pay to
Worked in the Canteen.
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Strawberry Hill31 March 2017
Good people and place to work. Free food on your shift including desert! Flexible hours and long hours if you want them. Can be fun serving University students.
Pros
Free Food
Fun and supportive work place
Student Support Worker/Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  London, ENG29 September 2015
We would be given a schedule of what would happen during the day and what our roles would be. Supervisors were informative and supportive.
Pros
Supportive + informative supervisors and casual hours
Exelent working conditions
Catering staff (Former Employee) –  London4 February 2015
exelent environment and working conditions.
exelent rates of pay
good shift hours
good management
easy to work in and to join in the staff "family"
Course Representative (Current Employee) –  Twickenham, ENG30 March 2014
It gives me an opportunity to give the students a voice. It is great.
Deputy Stage Manager (Former Employee) –  Twickenham, ENG1 October 2013
Very informative, and rewarding. Encourages you to mingle with different cultures and understand how some people work.