St. Mary's University

St. Mary's University Employee Reviews

United Kingdom17 reviews
Despite struggling financially, the University is staffed with really wonderful people that care about the institution and the welbeing of their peers.
Pros
Friendly and supportive work environment
Cons
low pay
Excellent Head of Estates. Hard working environment where a lot of activities needed doing quickly so not much time to plan the week ahead, if you managed to set out your day you were doing well.
logging jobs for facilities team, completing purchase orders, ordering materials and booking external contractors.
Learnt a lot about maintenance issues
it doesnt make sense for me to write a review like this for St Mary's because i was not paid to do a job per say. I ran a couple of societies and club so this review is pointless and a waste of time.
Hierarchical and fear based institution. Political games, departmental division and rife bullying. In my time here most people with any talent and prospect would leave.
A very professional environment and people development environment.

Friendly people and safe environment to work in. Very close to transportation services e.g. train station is only a few minutes away from site and lots of bus stations.

Working hours are very flexible although there is no flexi hours. There is a huge staff canteen with discounted meals for all members of staff. Very conducive environment and very close to shops and shopping centres within the Twickenham area and minutes away from Thames river as well.

There is job security and members of staff are very welcoming and willing to assist should there be a need for it.

There is an open door policy to the FD and to the Chief finance officer where staff can approach them for anything should there be any need for it.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Normal hours
A typical day at work would vary from day to day depending on any events that might have been taking place. In the morning I would go into the deputy chaplains office and we would discuss the objectives for that day, whether it be inventory, setting up for mass, or other events, organising, etc. I learned a lot about things that have to go on behind the scenes just for basic things and events to take place.
Pros
Free Lunches and rewarding for personal faith
Cons
job changes day to day
I would recommend this University to everyone, I felt fully supported throughout my time here. The sports culture is second to none, you will love it.
Its been a great few years so far. Lots of friendly students and great staff. campus isn't to big that you feel overwhelmed by it all. Lots of sports oppurtunities with almost all facilites owned by St Marys, except swimming.
Small department with a friendly atmosphere. Tasks varied from recruiting participants, designing surveys to conducting statistical analysis. Great way to see the inner workings of a university psychology department.
I was a student there. Overall and nice small community. As a student, I think most of the lecturers days were spent teaching with a few hours off here and ther for meetins and tutorials and planning. Most students are lovely, so if you decide to work there it would be in a enjoyable enviroment. The campus is not too big to get lost in -once you get family with the school- and theres a great work relationship
. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the other people.

. And learning new skills

. great manager

. nice work place

. great location

. great pay to
Good people and place to work. Free food on your shift including desert! Flexible hours and long hours if you want them. Can be fun serving University students.
Pros
Free Food
We would be given a schedule of what would happen during the day and what our roles would be. Supervisors were informative and supportive.
Pros
Supportive + informative supervisors and casual hours
exelent environment and working conditions.
exelent rates of pay

good shift hours

good management

easy to work in and to join in the staff "family"
It gives me an opportunity to give the students a voice. It is great.
Very informative, and rewarding. Encourages you to mingle with different cultures and understand how some people work.