St. James's Place Wealth Management

St. James's Place Wealth Management Employee Reviews

United Kingdom45 reviews
Advising clients to maximise their wealth. Com-let’s g files and generally completing administration of the clients financial needs. Great friendship within the partnership
Cons
Long ohurs
Loved working there, had a great manager, autonomy over my role, good pay, lovely office right next to a park. Gym next door so had a great work live balance. All colleagues were really friendly, supportive - would highly recommend.
can be interesting if given enough work but despite wanting to progress I am taken advantage of and not being invested into.
poor management

difficult to have handover meeting
Pros
get to go home early if no work
Cons
Lonely & not encouraged to further develop
FTSE 100 company that say the right things but don't do them. Poor culture and unethical practices. Managers are sharp but not people managers and have been promoted on length of service and not capable managers.
overall a great contract to work on , lovely people, environment, enjoyed working for them.
enjoyed the variation of work, meeting people, out of office events.

A happy experience
Pros
opportuites
Cons
Very competative company - Parking
Pay is medium but good benefits that suited me but not for all. Progression can be difficult. Pastoral care improved during the time I was there. Work/life balance very dependent on individual management.
Great Company, which provide a great balance between work and personal life. Everyone is keen to help and support junior staff. It is a great place to start your career.
A really great place to work; everyone is friendly and always willing to help each other.

Work/Life balance is perfect and there is plenty of opportunity to learn.

Salaries are a bit lower than other major employees in the area but the benefits are very good.
Pros
Cons
None that I have experienced so far.
I’m evening cleaner. Belfast. My boss told me just they don’t want you be back. There is no reason. I clean well from worst to now 2 months. Have to put this down and make sure other don’t clean there. Money is good but they are very annoying people and bother you every night in work, don’t do it. Contract isn’t belonging with them it’s other. My boss check job if clean or not. I saw myself tonight. My boss said nothing was wrong or any problems. If I’m late that Is fair. Or didn’t do anything or sitting down no nothing was like that.
Within the UK’s leading wealth management company my role as a marketing consultant was to generate new clients and filter them to the appropriate wealth managers.
Good place if you can progress, some hierarchy think they are better than everyone else... spoken to quite rudely. depending on department you are included in events
Very clicky place. Line managers have their favourite employees and anyone else that comes in to the team are ostasized. Bad mouthing is a daily occurance and lunchtimes are more like a popularity contest.
People throw you under the bus at any given opportunity and instead of allowing you to grow you are made to feel inadequate. Salaries are v.low

Salary is appaling
This is a company that looks after their staff and provides a nice environment to work in.

There is a great emphasis on tradition (even though a young company) and career progress if you wish to become a financial planner.
I worked for SJP for 9 years, in the Head Office in Cirencester. I loved it. Nice people and really friendly. You have to work hard and smart to progress. But the rewards were good. I worked part time for the last 2 years (working parent) I was there and the HR dept were really helpful.
Pros
Meritocracy. Nice bright people.
Cons
Constant change. You get addicted to the workload.
The culture is stuck in the 1980s along with its spending attitude. They think nothing of wasting large amounts of client's money on unnecessary events, meetings and (senior) staff expenses. The management is extremely hierarchical and have a 'do as I say' not 'do as I do' attitude.
On the plus side, the offices are comfortably done and a nice environment in which to work. However, parking is impossible and you need to get to work early to find a space; you will still be expected to work until 1700 as there is no flexible working culture.
Pros
Nice office environment
Cons
Culture, management, parking.
Staff was rude two faced didn’t enjoy my time working there
I wouldn’t work there again

They look down at you

Horrible experience

Tree no con

Hated it there
Pros
No lunch
Cons
Unless you want to be a regional manager, financial adviser or partner there is a lack of promotion/salary raise.
If your face doesn’t fit, you’ll know about it.

During my interview I got told I am very sjp - but then was surrounded by spiteful women that wanted to try and get one over throughout my career in 3 departments.

You may be happy in your role but have to move elsewhere as the company doesn’t consider your happiness.

I got threatened, lied to, victimised but also witnessed a lot around me.

I would really consider not being desperate just to gain experience and work here.

I have seen many go off sick with anxiety and depression, along with myself.

If you are desperate for knowledge I believe there are many companies out there that would treat you better having friends in other banking firms and having catchups.

YOU ARE NOT SUPPORTED IN SUPPORT ROLES.

Management are more protected and do not like to apologise about anything.

The portrayed culture is not what it seems once you are in.
Pros
Gain knowledge for FA experience
Cons
Victimisation cases/conspire/gossip/lack of progress/no flexi
Joined the organisation for new role. However after 2 months still did not have any permanent work allocated. Proved difficult for some reason to do this, so to stop the ongoing situation left the organisation after 2 months. Worst experience in my career and waste of time. If you join for a new role check that the work is there.
During my 6 years at St. James's Place Wealth Management I have had the opportunity to work with the top leading professionals in the country and have learnt how to manage conflicting work loads, prioritise under pressure and plan business strategies in a continually challenging and competitive market.

I enjoy working with creative, visionary professionals in a team environment with the opportunity to grow and be mentored by strong leaders.

I enjoyed working to develop the brand proposition and client services for the firm.

The culture at St. James's Place is what has kept me an employee for 6 years. The St. James's Place charitable foundation is at the heart of the company's values.and offers many opportunities to fund raise and support local charities.
Pros
Save as you earn share plan
Cons
Lacks operational focus
give you all the necessary tools, but baptism of fire. You have to learn from mistakes and given no support on what works to acquire new business.

my BDM was an ex FA from a bank so had know prior experience of how to go out and get new business. We were not told upfront about clawbacks and were restricted on the types of business we were allowed to do which meant it was difficult to build real assets under management.
Pros
great splits
Cons
restricted
Fast paced environment with constant change. Technology could be more up to date. Lots of variety of job roles. Management not the strongest at lower levels. Excellent charity support. Pay scales unclear and progression routes patchy. Great support for early careers.
Pros
Apprentice and Graduate Schemes, flexible working, benefits
Cons
Parking, progression, It
Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. James's Place Wealth Management. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8