St. James's Place Wealth Management Employee Reviews

Lack of support
Associate Partner (Former Employee) –  London8 January 2019
give you all the necessary tools, but baptism of fire. You have to learn from mistakes and given no support on what works to acquire new business.

my BDM was an ex FA from a bank so had know prior experience of how to go out and get new business. We were not told upfront about clawbacks and were restricted on the types of business we were allowed to do which meant it was difficult to build real assets under management.
Pros
great splits
Cons
restricted
Nice place to work
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London22 November 2018
The people are very nice and there are some great benefits. The Pension is also very good. It can get busy but mostly the work life balance is fine and most people work standard hours.
Negative environment and approach to running the office
Senior Associate Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire14 November 2018
Nowhere near as much time and support as necessary is given to new staff to fully understand processes, yet despite this it's common practice to criticise and take disciplinary action when mistakes are made.

Teams are great sizes and close friendships can be made but very little interaction with management, support, HR, or the various teams you will often need, making it even harder to resolve issues.
Great benefits and culture
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cirencester, Gloucestershire13 November 2018
Good Benefits and company culture, but you are expected to work extremely hard for little return in terms of development and recognition. The pay is also quite low comparatively
Secure your future
Senior Partner (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen7 November 2018
I was with SJP for over 20 years and made a lot of friends and a lot of money. Excellent reputation excellent products and excellent management. This would be the logical place for financial advisers to gravitate to.
Pros
Excellent products, good reputation
Cons
Not independent, expensive products.
Dont Do It!
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cirencester, Gloucestershire27 September 2018
I only worked there for a couple of months and can honestly say there are a lot of good hardworking people there, however there are some real bullies there too - if your face fits then great, if however it doesn't then...... How can yo be praised for doing a fantastic job one week then out on your ear the next?????

Would never work for this company again and would never promote them either - they might have a lovely impressive HQ in Cirencester but the building is riddled with Cancer in the inside.
Pros
Free Coffee and subsidised Restaurant
Cons
No management support and lack of car parking!
Lack of personal support
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cirencester, Gloucestershire19 September 2018
Lack of parking, no training, bullied by one staff member ... awful experience, and thankfully a temporary role so left... wouldn’t recommend the company
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Stuffy clique
Fun and friendly working environment.
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  London25 July 2018
Worked to expand the business facilitating introductions between prospects and the IFAs. Fun team to work with. Relaxed working environment with bonding lunches/drinks/dinners organised regularly.
Pros
Free coffee, fun team, relaxed working environment, good prospects for qualified IFAs
Cons
Commission-based pay, not salaried
Very good experience and great memories
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London28 March 2018
great company, great people, culture is something you would like to find in a leading corporation, the company has done a fantastic job in the culture they created
Pros
People
Cons
a bit regimented
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear22 January 2018
I gained a lot of experience from working at st James place, such as excellent customer service skills, confidence etc. I met a lot of great people. Now I’m ready to work again after being a full time mum for several years.
Pros
Lunches
Hardworking and fun workplace
Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  London13 November 2017
My time at St James' Place Wealth Management was enjoyable, especially for being new to a workplace. They made sure that I always had work to occupy myself; this kept me on my toes. Overall I really liked working at St James' Place.
Pros
Paid for travel
Cons
In London
Great learning experience
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 August 2017
I learnt a lot at St. James's Place Wealth Mangement. Although I had previous experience in the financial industry, the detail and every day tasks of my role were so involved that I picked up something new every day.

This made my role extremely interesting and a great learning experience.
Welcoming and amazing atmosphere
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whiteley, Hampshire7 August 2017
Everyone so friendly and welcoming, such a lovely atmosphere. Learning new skills and developing my knowledge on computers and paper work. An amazing experience.
Pros
Free lunch
Long days work
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  London26 April 2017
A normal day can be productive and always keep you on your toes, though if you hit a dead end it hard to get back into focus. The staff are friendly and easy to talk plus they will always help.
Pros
Hour Lunch
Cons
Long travel hours
Busywork place
Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Borehamwood, Hertfordshire7 April 2017
I enjoyed my work and felt good helping clients achieve their desired investment and income needs.

By boss was difficult to work for and tended to be a bully at times.
Pros
Mainly able to plan my own work load
Cons
Difficult boss with inconsistant demands
Self employed so on my own but very high targets set by SJP
Associate Partner (Former Employee) –  Cornwall29 March 2017
They are good at what they do but are only really interested in bringing on advisors with a big client base! they have a good support system although it can be slow due to the size of the business!
Challenging and uplifting place to work
Telesales (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire13 March 2017
Office based - Calling companies and people who already have money advisors.

Offering them a better way to manage their money and give them an insight of what St.James Place hast to offer than other places.

Book them meetings with our advisors and then schedule them in on our software with our advisors.

The main aim was to get as many bookings for meetings with people with our agents so that then hopefully they would sign up to St James Place.
Pros
Good Commission
Cons
Short hours
Personal assistant
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield20 October 2016
Worked as a personal Addis tantalising for a financial advisor. Very busy firm although the advisor I worked for didn't stick to the rules of the company. I was Madrid redundant from this firm from this incompetence
Nice working environment, limited progression
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cirencester13 July 2016
Great benefits and working environment but due to the banded promotional structure it is very difficult to progress by work quality and ethic alone without changing roles or taking on a lot of additional work. Not great communication from the management down.
Pros
Christmas party, Bupa, pension & annual bonus very good
Cons
Hard to progress
Life changing Academy training programme well worth it
Academy Partner (Current Employee) –  London, ENG28 January 2016
This has been a roller coaster ride but the most encompassing training that I have ever been able to enjoy. It goes far beyond the technical skills of retirement planning, estate planning, long-term care planning, company finances and investment advice. One is chosen out of hundreds of applicants for each intake not only for the potential of building up a successful financial planning business but also for moral standards and people leadership skills. St. James's Place goes far beyond the minimum standards required in advising clients and has high ethical standards.