St Peter's Hospice

St Peter's Hospice Employee Reviews

United Kingdom46 reviews
Although my time at the charity shop was short, I really enjoyed my time there. I met new people, and learnt new skills. For example, I enjoyed learning how to steam clothes and work the till.
Pros
the relaxed environment
it is a friendly,progressive workplace,i worked as a volunteer where i contributed as a cashier shop assistant and computer operater
i also enhanvced the visual merchandising of the shop
Assessment procedures ans processes

Went to the dept and worked with the head of training and assessment.

Marker and lead iqa

Assisted the hd marker and agreeing marking criteria for city and guilds in readiness for external verofcation.
I was a volunteer unpaid.
I paid for my own bus fare and lunch.

I was just a volunteer who liked to

Help. I worked on the till and to rotate

Stock. 6 by
St. Peters hospice is a very good place to work.
Everyone is very friendly and a very good atmosphere.

Everyone is respectful of each other and management are excellent.
It is a nice place to work as most people are friendly however there are multiple tasks given to you with little time to complete them and sometimes can become stressful
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working for St Peter's Hospice. They are an amazing charity carrying out such important work in Bristol and surrounding areas.

The fundraising team are forward thinking, successful and supportive. I would recommend working at the Hospice.
I was a volunteer at the time but i thoroughly enjoyed my time there with the friendly staff and customers. It had a variety of rolls that I could experience and had the chance to be behind the scenes and on the shop floor.
A normal day at work was refilling shelves with products and after that was done all he job was was cleaning the store and making sure there was no clothing in the changing rooms and trying to stay out of the way of the customers
Working at St. Peters Hospice is a challenging but gratifying experience. It gets quite busy but it means that you can never be bored. I would recommend working here if you were looking to gain experience of customer service
The job was good and I hugely enjoyed it. However, I felt trapped in what I was doing like there was no room for growth or development and was forced to only focus on smaller and smaller areas. The bosses constantly changed their minds weekly on what I could and couldn’t do I also felt out of the loop in knowing what was going on and the last to find out anything despite asking. Being able to help benefit the hospice was incredible but it’s a job I needed then, now I am ready for something bigger and better. Additionally due to the lack of volunteers I was constantly listening to complaining from the managers which was passed down to customers who sometimes overheard. They always expected to do more but either never told me how or what to do.
Pros
Lots of breaks, lovely volunteers, amazing experience
Cons
No growth/ room for progress, lots of very high expectations, sometimes rude managers
Senior management should take on board this is a small charity chain and NOT Harvey Nicholls, Liberty or Harrods!! Allow your devoted staff to manage their stores and not be treated like idiots.
St peter's Hospicwe is a fun place to work where you meet intresting people every day. the staff are freiandly and helpful. the hardist part of the job is the moveing fernichar they can be big, hevay and orcurd.
The staff and St. Peter’s are very polite they include you and make you feel extremely welcome. They also help you if you don’t know what your doing everyone make you feel at home.
Pros
Give you good experience
Cons
Brilliant company to work for they work very hard, are all lovely to talk to, I found the shop floor enjoyable, speaking to customers handling goods, working with different products and handling cash
Pros
not enough time there
Cons
was not paid
I'm a former employees at St Peter's hospice. From June 2018 I was transfer to one of the shop for 5 months. I enjoyed the opportunity of working with lovely staff and volunteer. I've never worked in retail before I was trained to rotate, back of shop, till work and customers service. It was a challenge and I enjoyed the experience.
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
Yes it can be long hours but very enjoyable
A relaxed but still productive environment. Everyone is very supportive not to mention incredibly helpful and kind. They give flexible hours and work activities.
A not so pressured surrounding for the first time volunteers , people are helpful and friendly , they are not just typical work mates but are like a family .
I enjoyed my time working with staff at St Peters Hospice and learnt a lot about techniques to lure the customer into shopping from window dressing to product placement. I learnt first hand about the work that goes on behind the scenes to generate business from sorting bric-a--brac to steaming clothes to quality control on second hand clothes.
Pros
employee satisfaction
Cons
Enjoyed my week that I had volunteered.
Appreciated the task given e.g visual merchandising.

The Team was comforting and open, easy to get along with everyone.
Pros
The Team
Cons
Small store
Working in St Peters hospice was amazing and really did help build my character. I was able to learn new things about retail and really opened up my eyes to how good it can really be
Pros
Great first job