St Monica Trust

St Monica Trust Employee Reviews

I worked at st Monica's Sanford Sherwood for 3 years. best place in care. equipped home. but hard workload as demand is high for nursing care. good progression opportunities.
Pros
holiday pay and sick pay ( after a year ), saveing on shopping and health insurance benifits
Cons
workload
Worked for 4 years at Cote Lane, colleagues and residents are lovely, but management is dire. They treat their employees very poorly. It’s a little like being in a prison, they tell you how it’s going to be, and even if you find things difficult, they don’t care. Poorly managed and not much ‘care’ amongst colleagues and employees. Management is full of friends and family too, and if your face doesn’t fit, you’re bullied out.
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
Poor unfair management.
Management couldn't care less about how you're coping with work load or about the levels of cleanliness. Most of the catering staff has no experience or they are bank, which means they have lower standars e.g speed of working and service to the residents.
Pros
Break times
Cons
No support from management, no training
The only reason why I left was because I moved to Scotland. St Monica’s provided a good culture and environment to work in. I miss the team whom I worked with as we all got on as one big family. Would certainly recommend working here.
Middle management with no idea about people and lack of compassion towards staff. No work life balance as you are expected to just cover shifts of 12hours days and nights without question. Very much a who you know not what you know organisation, if you are related you progress if not don't get too comfy.
Very hard work and when you inevitably fall sick through overwork and over stress you get chastised. Very high turnover of staff due to bullying and lack of support from management. Avoid working here.
Awlful place to work,no team work as you work in different places all the time. Very short staff constantly,no consistency and management is very poor
Pros
Reasonable pay, pension and sick pay
Cons
Poor management from day 1 and never enough staff
Interesting hospitality work with the housekeeping and catering teams. Enjoyable interacting with the residents and helping to provide a safe and happy home environment for them.
Experience dependant on which site. Review about Charterhouse only. Bad place for RNs as too much work, little support, and toxic attitudes from support workers. Management over confident but inept. Overly concerned about profit.
Pros
Reasonable pay
Cons
Overloaded with work, unsupporting inexperienced management and some very bad support workers
Professional workplace with excellent training and supportive management. Family friendly part-time hours with no compulsory weekend work. High standards of cleanliness.
Pros
Family friendly hours.
Cons
Little chance of progression within the company.
St Monica trust is a great place to work and give great benefits to their staff, just looking for a change of career as I have children now so need a different path in my life
Pros
Subsidided lunch, great pay
Cons
Working there in the kitchen was quite difficult in till I got the hang of what to do. I really enjoy getting to work with groups of people and serving food to the elderly. St Monica trust is a lovely place to work.
Pros
getting to meet new people
St Monica Trust is a forward thinking innovative company working in the care sector. They look after the welfare of their staff and ensure that they follow up any concerns you may have. As the activities coordinator it was my role to provide a fun and enjoyable range of activities for the residents and in some cases the residents living in the on site independent village.
Pros
Good food provided at a reasonable cost
Cons
It is a shame management is such a disappointment because the care team is actually fantastic. If you work full time it's 37.5hr a week Smt only allows short shifts 7.5hrs which means your in work 5 days a week which Inst much of a balance for my family. Salary and holiday is good, but they are really strict on sickness. But working in a care home with vulnerable people you should be able to have more days sickness rather then come in ill and pass it on to them.
One of the best care providers in the country. Mostly good to work for but like any organisation it's only as good as the staff it employes. fairly good work life balance. Very good pension provided.
Pros
better pay than average
Cons
shift work
Good pay and benefits. However shifts are rare and the management at sandford is poor yet improving. The work is not challenging and there is very little room to improve. However, tasks are completed with ease and work is relaxed.
I work nights there as a Bank staf. I need to make sure aldery people are safe and comfortable during the night. Sometimes give them a drink or food if needed. Free
Pros
Company with high standart and opportunity to develop
Cons
Do not pay for a breaks
I enjoyed working for the Trust, most of the time could be challenging but very rewarding, if I didn't relocate I would still be working there. I would recommend working there to others.
Pros
Enthusastic teams, willing to learn
Cons
shif work
Generally the ground staff that work here are amazing. They are kind, compassionate and work so incredibly hard to make things the best they can for residents. The pay and benefits are fairly very good but, and it's a big but, the management structure is unfair. Management are all related or very good friends meaning any issues you have are resolved unfairly as they stick with their friends/family. It also leaves very little room for progression as they will always develop those people above anyone else. It's one of those 'if your face fits' kind of companies.
Pros
Occupational sick pay, childcare vouchers, amazing team
  1. Employee reviews