St John Ambulance Employee Reviews

Excellent Voluntary Experience
Event First Aider (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne11 January 2018
Working for St John Ambulance provides excellent voluntary experience for anyone wanting to give back to the community. Huge range of events - no one duty is the same, and great chance to meet new people who enjoy the same things as you.
Nice People and get to see events
Volunteer First Aider (Former Employee) –  Enfield, UK27 December 2017
little to do most of the time,
Fun People to work with and get to meet others who can help
learn First Aid and keep it current.
Local management are good and helpful but there are some at high levels who do not pull their weight and do not attend basic duties.
Pros
free entry to events
Cons
long hours and blood
Fun place to work.
Advanced First Aider (Current Employee) –  Belfast11 December 2017
Some amazing people and an awesome place to work/ no pay 100% voluntary. i have learned first aid and advanced first aid and how to use medical gases and when to use them.
Fun
Cadet (Current Employee) –  Northfleet8 December 2017
Helps you to learn a lot about yourself, helps you to grew, teaches you new skills, makes you a more rounded person, learn frist aid, care, helping people.
Worst place I ever worked runnied my life and health
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester26 November 2017
Worst place I've worked in my life mangerment are awful training is awful the whole structure of the set up is a total joke, bunch of liars bullies I've learnt from my own experience never work in place with out a union or work for a charity, they treat employees so bad I can't believe how bad it was you just need to look at the rest of the reviews it's just not me plus people I know went through the same, best advice stay clear and don't sign any paperwork please avoid this at all cost. the mangerment are so bad never help you with anything constantly emailing moaning about stuff, never praise you when you go over time to help the organisation you can never book holidays that you need constantly ringing you on your days off to do more work, ringing about elearning to do in your own time Worst place ever to work
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Avoid
fun
DOFE volunteering section (Former Employee) –  St. John's18 November 2017
I was a volunteer and loved it, made loads of friends and learnt a lot of new skills and recieved certificates and badges. I have put my skills into practice
good work place
trainee first aider (Former Employee) –  Lowestoft17 November 2017
st john ambulance has been great meeting new people going out and havning the chance to make a diffrence and being there if some one need you if thewy have been hurt
Pros
socializong
Great Organsation
Youth Leader And First Aider (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire10 November 2017
I have had a great time with st John ambulance and i will miss it because it is a great place to learn many different life skills and make great from friends it.
Pros
Free training
Cons
Long hourz
great buzz
Lead Trainer/ Assessor (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire6 November 2017
its one of those jobs that gives you a great sense of purpose as you are giving someone life saving skills. the only down side is the low wages and lack of oppertunity and in some cases if your face dont fit tuff

very poor management and 1930 HR policy not fit for purpose they dont know how to or want to care for their staff
Pros
meet great students
Cons
company dont care about its staff
Working for a charity
Sales Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff3 November 2017
Lovely job salaries are awful - people are great - very old fashioned charity- doesnt really like change- no real opportunities for advancement - main reason people leave is salaries.
Fun workplace
Administrator (Former Employee) –  City of London, Greater London31 October 2017
Many years ago but always ensured work was completed within the SLA
Needed to take and place orders
Mgt was good although no real career prospects
Travelling into London with small children was difficult at that time
Colleagues - some have become good friends
Understand this company has now relocated
Pros
General good place to work
Cons
At the time travelling was difficult due to small children
Productive and fun
Cadet (Current Employee) –  Hornchurch, Greater London17 October 2017
A typical day at St John Ambulance is very interactive and productive.

I have learnt 'Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation' (CPR), how bandage wounds and how to put an unconscious person into a recovery position
Management is supportive.

Workplace culture is positive.

The hardest part of participating in St John Ambulance is being tested on what you have learnt.

The most enjoyable part of participating in St John Ambulance is that what you learn you can apply in your daily life.
Pros
Learn life skills
Cons
Not always productive
Good Teamwork
Urgent Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Powys3 October 2017
Nice place to work, meets new people and get to have good experience. gives me something to do on the weekends. nice holidays away, and work in other places I wouldn't normally go to and see things I wouldn't normally see
Fun and educational company to volunteer for
First Aider (Current Employee) –  Saffron Walden, Essex25 September 2017
I really enjoy helping people in need during my free time and I have learnt a wide range of first aid skills which I have had to put to use both on and off duty.
great staffing and place to work
First Aider (Former Employee) –  Dover, Kent22 September 2017
Starting are brilliant and their able to you when they think your struggling. The work is brilliant able to go out and get on with it but mainly some jobs are hard
very good work place
First Aider (Current Employee) –  Hanley, Staffordshire17 September 2017
I think it is a very good place to work, everything that you do is completely voluntary and works with charity, you have to cover certain events and everything is brilliantly organised.
only went through them for training.
Qualifications (Former Employee) –  Yarm on Tees, North Yorkshire17 September 2017
St Johns came out to do first aid training with us. made it fun and easy to understand and made it a fun course to endure..............................................
fun work place
Peer Educator (Former Employee) –  London South East, Greater London14 September 2017
very good and i learned a lot. i got the chance to learn how to do first aid and was able to go to places such as secondary schools and down to youth offenders to teach first aid and self value to classes of young girls.
Pros
free lunch and group trips
Rewarding and life changing experience
First Aider (Current Employee) –  Skipton, North Yorkshire12 September 2017
A typical day is never the same. We get to travel to many different events and locations.
Although it is volunteer work. There is the option to take a paid role. I stayed as a volunteer, due to working full time, but found that it was so rewarding I didn't need the pay.
The culture of the job is between relaxed and professional. We like to keep very social, but we are always very professional.
The hardest part of the job is when we have to open our first aids bags, more so if we do not succeed.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that we saved a life, or maybe just stopped a child thinking that their leg might fall off.
Good job but long hours and distances
First Aid Trainer (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire and Humberside6 September 2017
I really enjoyed my job, but unfortunately the travelling was very difficult. I often had to drive between 200 and 300 miles a week and did not want to do this.
Pros
Excellent staff to work with
Cons
Long hours, and very long driving distances

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St John Ambulance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9