St John Ambulance Employee Reviews

A Family Orientated First Aiding Charity
Volunteer First Aider (Current Employee) –  Ballymena13 May 2018
Through volunteering, I have gained exceptional casualty care skills, advanced first aid and am currently rising through the ranks. I am a cadet leader at SJA Ballymena, and I am so thankful for this role. Teaching, emotionally supporting, and being purposeful has, to an extent, been a vital element of this position.

Whilst management may work a little slower than other public charities, it still works for the best interest of the public.

The hardest role of the job would be to console affected family members whilst on duty.

But the most enjoyable would be to hear good news from the individual you have assisted and seeing the cadets grow up.
Pros
Family
Cons
It can be tough at times.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff12 May 2018
Great opportunity to meet new people and learn new things. The skills I have learned while being part of St. Johns are priceless and the experience I have gained is amazing.
Fun and very educated
Went to First aid traing couse (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire14 April 2018
Very good educated experience I've had throughout my work experience would definitely recommend it to anyone that can do the course it will definitely help with day to day life.
Pros
Very good communication and get the point across at all thimes
Cons
None thay i could find
brilliant experience
I volunteer (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire27 March 2018
I have gained so much experience working with St John, as in September 2018 i will be starting my 3 year journey to becoming a paramedic. Working alongside paramedics and professionals it has given me the experience and the insight to what life really is going to be like when i start university.
Good Experience
Volunteer First Aider (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire26 March 2018
I have gained valuable experience within this service, this has led me to be following a career in the healthcare section in the future . This was a good organisation that providing effective training and was well lead
Pros
Good Experience
Regional Training Manager
Regional Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Gloucester26 March 2018
Great focus on community output, and the benefits to the community. With a business approach, became more streamlined, efficient and effective in focusing upon the organisation key values and aims.
Pros
good salary package
Cons
Lots of travelling
Its good
Cadet Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire16 March 2018
I really enjoy being apart of St John it has as good and accepting environment especially if you wish to grow as a person. I have become at least 10 times more confident since joining
Good team, small salary
Trainer Assessor (Former Employee) –  London8 March 2018
It is a lovely job, but the salary is very small if you compare with other training companies.
They are paying back for travel, but every day you are teaching in a different location and this is not nice.
Pros
uniform, laptop, support
Cons
salary, travelling every day in other location with a heavy bag of tools
Money driven business
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester6 March 2018
Poor communication of role, Lack of experienced IT support and poor learning and development.

Open door policy not apparent

Too much movement within business.

No structured development plan
Pros
Reputable brand
Cons
Poor upper management
Fun workplace that helps you gain medical experience.
Event first aid (Current Employee) –  West Yorkshire14 February 2018
A fun place to work and gain medical experience towards medical education. You are provided help at all times by experienced members of the health care team. Such as the doctors, nurses and paramedics you work along side.
Pros
Free lunches, drinks provided all day. Help whenever you need it by experienced staff, such as the doctors and paramedics you work alongside.
Cons
Long hours and fast paced.
Fun
Volunteer First Aider (Former Employee) –  Romford, Greater London13 February 2018
It was fun working with the public and I learned loads of new things about first aid and I learned how to save people’s life’s, even though you had to work in hot temperatures it was worth it in the end as you learned important stuff for every day life
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Long days
was a great experience
Youth Cadet (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds5 February 2018
it was an experience I would never forget. made loads of new friends. learnt new skills. earned a lot of certificates. I will never forget my time there.
Pros
made alot of new friends
Voluntary Work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Belfast3 February 2018
St John Ambulance is a rewarding voluntary group that has given me lots of experience in not only first aid but also emergency care.
St John Ambulance provides the opportunity to carry out different tasks, for example, normal duties, patient transfers and lately helping out NIAS when emergency departments are busy.
Fun and hard
First Aid Trainer (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk2 February 2018
I like the job I really enjoyed working for them and the duties was not always well orernized but other than that I still love it and helping people sometimes the staff could be a bit funny with u and sometimes the tfa would not always have there equipment on site there was one duty I did when I have to run to get the bags to treat a casuity and that was not fun as it was sure or death experience I would neverike to see again but luckily we treated and it worked well for the patient but over all I still loved the job
Pros
Gd
Cons
Not really
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  nationwide17 January 2018
very educational and informative. Loved being able to go out and help members of the public who needed help. We were always on hand for local events within the community.
Great Charity
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Greater Manchester16 January 2018
I am currently a unit manager for St John Ambulance, and have been part f the organisation for 20 years. The experiences, training and benefits that comes with working with a charity like St John are rewarding on every level and I would highly recommend working with them.
Excellent Voluntary Experience
Event First Aider (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne11 January 2018
Working for St John Ambulance provides excellent voluntary experience for anyone wanting to give back to the community. Huge range of events - no one duty is the same, and great chance to meet new people who enjoy the same things as you.
Nice People and get to see events
Volunteer First Aider (Former Employee) –  Enfield, UK27 December 2017
little to do most of the time,
Fun People to work with and get to meet others who can help
learn First Aid and keep it current.
Local management are good and helpful but there are some at high levels who do not pull their weight and do not attend basic duties.
Pros
free entry to events
Cons
long hours and blood
Fun place to work.
Advanced First Aider (Current Employee) –  Belfast11 December 2017
Some amazing people and an awesome place to work/ no pay 100% voluntary. i have learned first aid and advanced first aid and how to use medical gases and when to use them.
Cadet (Current Employee) –  Northfleet8 December 2017
Helps you to learn a lot about yourself, helps you to grew, teaches you new skills, makes you a more rounded person, learn frist aid, care, helping people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St John Ambulance. Our community is ready to answer.