ST ANNES COMMUNITY SERVICES Employee Reviews

interesting and rewarding role
Mental Health Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire30 May 2018
I worker at St Annes for just over a year, regrettably leaving due to personal circumstances.
The team i worked with was supportive of each other and diverse in areas of knowledge, so service users received first class support. The work was challenging but incredibly rewarding.
A fantastic company to work for
Pros
great team dynamics and supportive manager
Cons
N/a
Watch your back if face doesn’t fit
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  County durham16 April 2018
Managers talk about other people in front of you the training is non existent then you get the blame if somethings not right, they favouritise other workers a joke of a company, don’t trust them I ve left now and going to take them further
great staff
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sunderland26 February 2018
absolutley no life balance hours and shifts were spread over sometimes 6 days, management no contact at weekends. workplace culture cannot fault staff enjoyed working with great staff that are not valued enough
Pros
Cons
rotas work life balance unless your favoured
Positive work environment
Support Worker (Learning Disabilities) (Former Employee) –  Doncaster31 August 2017
Sense of direction
Long term and short term goals
Staff understanding their roles
Good e- learning system

Chances to work with individual clients as well as in group season
Pros
Good rapport with clients
Cons
Staff shortage
Really encouraged me develop!
Quality and Safety Lead (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire24 July 2017
Having started working at St Anne's nearly 2 years ago, I have been encouraged to develop both professionally and personally.
Working directly with Clients has been challenging at times, but has come with so many rewards.
Staff and managers have been friendly and the teams I have worked with have taught me valuable skills and made me feel more confident.
There has always been training opportunities, such as online courses, NVQs , Attending University Modules or in house training sessions.
Senior Management are approachable and keen to develop new ideas to benefit the clients and staff.
I feel that I have been allowed to develop in my career and encouraged to progress into a role I really enjoy and find stimulating.
Having worked predominantly within private healthcare companies, the passion and culture of this Charity is very refreshing.
Pros
Encouragement to develop skills, the clients, supportive of your ideas
Cons
Small Carpark
Dreadfull company
Various over 25 years (Former Employee) –  Various12 July 2017
It has been my misfortune and a waste of my life to work for this terrible corrupt company for 25 years!
The management are corrupt, they want you to whistle blow but if you do god help you. The management are liars who will never listen to the truth. In the time I worked there (and god they make you work for pittance of pay)working 24 hours on your own with 10 people with enduring mental health problems cooking cleaning laundry handing out medication and dealing with complex situations with no management support what so ever!
And god help you if you get sick they couldn't care less and will ship you out A.S.A.P.
My only hope that this terrible company will go out of business soon...........
Pros
Cons
Bloodly long hours for poor pay!
Don't trust them.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire22 April 2017
They can't seem to practice what they preach. They make promises and then break them. They change terms and conditions despite agreeing to adhere to the ones already in place. They shouldn't be a "charity", they don't care about the staff, or the service users, they simply care about the future of their business - money! A "Not for profit" charity shouldn't need to make money for themselves. They think they can just put people on 14 and 15 hour shifts without consultation despite the fact it's illegal! Take my advice, DO NOT work for this company, they will only screw you over in the long run. Give it 10 years, if that, and the "Charity" won't even exist anymore.
Pros
The service users.
Cons
Hours. Management. Everything!
Fun Place to work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 April 2017
Supporting adults with disabilities with their daily needs. Taking them out into the community, doing shopping, activities or hobbies of the clients. Also daily tasks they may need help with at home.
Job role supported and good team in general
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire3 February 2017
Management were clear, informative and supportive to support working team at all times. Copious training courses available which is a bonus if you are always willing to learn and improve.
Pros
Training and rota hours.
Cons
Waking nights
An enjoyable yet challenging service
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield23 November 2016
What i perhaps enjoy the most whilst working for St Anne's is that there are not many typical days. My role and the challenges it presents can change within a short time frame, dependent on client and service needs.
Working within and as part of a dedicated team has allowed me to develop professional, gaining experience and knowledge of key requirements within the care service.
With the support of my manager and co-workers i have been able to introduce our clients to new life experiences such as activity holidays but also new areas of interest such as differing forms of music and activities such adaptive cycling and ice-skating. This has also been the hardest part of my role at times due to my client groups requirements, sourcing new experiences is a difficult and challenging, yet rewarding aspect.
Pros
professional and personal development
Cons
shift work
Training
Supported Living Worker (Current Employee) –  ENG28 June 2015
Training for employees in order that care is provided based on Client needs.

Unfortunatly employees are required to arrange cover or their own adsence, this included annual l leave
Pros
Training
nice environment to work
Assistant support worker (Former Employee) –  huddersfield27 November 2012
it was great working closely with my colleagues help me learn fast, well the management was really good, with my co-worker we all work as term, the hard part of the job to me is by losses two client before my training finished, the enjoyable part of the job is for me waking up in morning going to work to help people that really needs my help, seeming them smile makes me happy.
Pros
free lunch toast and tea.
Cons
25hours weekly