SSP Employee Reviews

hard working teams tough locations for some employees
Operations Manager South West (Current Employee) –  South West Cornwall21 May 2018
Good solid company delivering great results in tough climates! Many brand standards to deliver for many different brands , Multiple remote locations make this hard in some aspects but achievable!
Pros
Great People/ Great Teams
Cons
Tough challenges but??? that's everywhere
A lovely place of work.
Client Support Assistant / Receptionist / Admin (Former Employee) –  London16 May 2018
A very busy and friendly place of work.

Overall a lovely and friendly place to work, they care about their staff.
It was a very busy receptionist desk, signing in all visitors and directing them to their destinations. With a extremely busy switchboard ensuring all calls were announced and directed accurately.
Pros
Lovely area
Horrible place to work
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 May 2018
The best place for discrimination and making people look stupid and vulnerable. In the end they don't even want to pay you and trying to go around just to save funny amount of money. This place should be reviewed considering human rights.
Good luck
Worse place ever
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bristol Airport28 April 2018
The managers are quite rude and I left the job with a debt cos of payment for ID. To make matters worse, they spend a lot of time saying inappropriate things in the group chats and fellow employees just talk about each other. Disappointed
Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire27 March 2018
Managing the day to day running of the bar in Leeds Bradford airport
Good company however working pattern fluctuated due to seasonal effects
Good team communication
Plenty of progression with the company also encouraging development within your current role
Pros
Good enployer
Cons
Not set working pattern
good colleagues but management
Staff member (Former Employee) –  Bristol15 March 2018
It was an amazing team to work with but terrible management the hours of the job were quite bad has the shifts started on the middle of the night and never respected your finnishing time
Pros
good colleagues
Cons
management
Belfast
Slave (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim28 February 2018
Have recently left this horrible company! If you are in dire need of a job please look somewhere else as what goes on in this particular establishment is unbelievable. No support from managers who are all backstabbing each other staff leaving in droves. Stay well clear you have been warned
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company
you have to pay them 100 Pounds
team member (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol15 February 2018
I work for one month and was an awful experience and when I left the job they ask me 100 pounds for a card that they gave me for work in the till. so now I have a debt with them and have to pay them.
Great team. However...
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester31 January 2018
Manchester airport team , great to work with. Managers are easy to get on with however the staffing levels are terrible. Often only one person will start at 3am and then someone else wont start till 6 (worse if some one rings in sick) you are left with no help, no breaks , and begging people to cover you to even nip to the loo. From expierince I had to work from 3am up till later afternoon to shut the store. Often was doing team leader job without pay rise.
Other than that it is a good place to work in if you don't have personal commitments.
Pros
Great team
Cons
No staff
Poor pay, poor management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent31 January 2018
Manager would get upset if you can’t come in on your only day off and would start cutting shifts down. Would call at 3:30am asking to cover shifts and would get upset if you couldn’t do it. No breaks either even though we are meant to get 30 minutes. Very understaffed for a very busy station. Very stressful.
Pros
No pros
Some lovely team members
CDP (Former Employee) –  Elveden, Suffolk27 January 2018
I use to work for ssp at foresters inn centre parcs elveden for just over 3 and a half years I use to love my job when I first started there everyone seemed to get on and work really well together then over the last year or so the place changed and was a horrible place to work I was told to apply for higher chef jobs then told I wasn't flexible enough, was the person who got taken to task but when it came down to others it would be ignored. Management didn't seemed interested unless they liked you. I left December 2017 and it's the best thing I have done and wished I had done it sooner would i ever work there again no never!!! J
Pros
Staff card money off food
very bad company
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester24 January 2018
it's a joke company. they pay yourself with the minimum salary and expecting from you all the maximum work. it's really bad. no respect for the team and manager not serious. i never want to go back over there.
Awful
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Bristol airport19 January 2018
The staff at brunel bar Bristol airport are so soul distroying there miserable to work with unhelpful and dawn right rude I couldn't get out fast enough to be told they deduct 100 out your wages for your pass as you had not stayed for a year trust me 5 weeks was enough .
Pros
Cons
Miserable place and staff
Soul draining
Team Member - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Manchester airport terminal 112 January 2018
Since new management has taken over the Starbucks store has gone extremely down hill. The job I went into was very high paced and professional. Team leaders were fully trained and full training was provided to staff members- this was over a year ago. Now the store is constantly a mess, the managers are all extremely rude minus one. No credit for the constant hard work given. No praise. No development opportunities even when willing to upgrade your role. Drinks and food have to be paid for unlike other Starbucks stores previously worked in that provided all this free. Manners don’t cost a thing! Worst store ever. The people and friendships keep you sane, unfortunately they are slowly leaving. No other reason to stay, the pay is shocking!!!!
Pros
The friendships
Cons
Everything minus the friendships.
Productive team building environment
CASHIER AND CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Waterloo10 January 2018
In my time with SSP, all the night shift staff were very help and supportive in working together.
Exception of shift managers being selective of who they preferred to work.
Pros
Good working environment if you wish to learn something new.
Starbucks Terminal 1 - Horrible place to work.
Team Member - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester28 December 2017
Along with offering half decent drinks by some partners with only 30% training. Starbucks also offer partners working at the store, lack of respect, illegal working hours between shifts, understaffed shifts, independence (no training given), regularly cutting hours to save money, and the opportunity to role play as a underpaid supervisor when management fail to put a supervisor on shift. However don't be discouraged, SSP's offers you 50% of all there overpriced food and drinks unlike the many company's who offer hard working partners free lunch. I can promise you this will be the most frustrating place to work. But not to worry you're manager will pop in and pretend to help when the bosses pay a visit.
Pros
The hard working people, who are slowly leaving.
Cons
98% of the whole job.
Very good
Bartender/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Katharine docks (The Dickens Inn)24 December 2017
The Dickens Inn.Nice bar and good location.everyday I meet new people. Most of the customers are tourists.it was good. I learn so many things. Also management wss good.
Shocking company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Uk12 December 2017
Zero care about staff, team leaders get paid at most £1 more than team members so it's really not worth the hassle and responsibility! The extra 50p an hour is only available if every store meets and jumps through so many hoops. The food waste policy is shocking! All food waste goes in the bin for the day.. No staff or any body in need is allowed to have it despite many major retailers doing so.
Pros
A measly 15% discount.. But not in main M&S
Worse place for work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo Station3 December 2017
Never ever work for this company. SSP they make money end of the day you get nothing. Management they want their job secure. They never think about staff. I recommend not to work for this company.
Cancerous company
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow30 October 2017
Never have I had to work for such a cancerous company. Management constantly call you to cover shifts when you specifically request days off. Mess you around with sign off. Turnover exceptionally high. Out if the 15 people hired with me only I remain. Only decent thing is the hatred for the company by the staff.