SSE Employee Reviews

Curry on a Thursday
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Havant3 September 2018
If you enjoy not being able to park, 15 mins of unpaid overtime every day, using a pre historic computer system, difficulty booking time off, working on Saturdays, traffic jams at home time, extremely poor management, angry customers and a zero tolerance on sickness, then this is the job for you!
Pros
Curry on a Thursday
Cons
Everything apart from the curry
Good/Fair place to work
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire1 September 2018
Good working culture although the way performance is reviewed is not always fair. Good family atmosphere, good wages. The job can be difficult and departments don't always work together to resolve issues - can be difficult to get help from other areas of the business.
Pros
good wages
Cons
Shifts are a bit all over the place - consistency can be difficult
Daily tasks
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth30 August 2018
My daily responsibilities where handling customer inquiries, complaints, billing questions and payment extension/service requests & answering product and service questions; suggesting information about other products and services with potential/existing customers
Great workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Perth, Perth and Kinross29 August 2018
Full of fun and kind characters, great place to make friends. My manager was possibly the greatest upside considering his compassion. A job for those who can brave verbal abuse.
Loyalty what Loyalty?
CSR (Former Employee) –  Penner Road23 August 2018
Worked for the company for over 14 years was a hard working loyal employee. In this time I saw the company change from a caring and being supportive to customers , and customers come first, to just answer the calls in the least amount of time possible.

Its all stats,targets, performance driven there is no customer comes first anymore and the staff are treated as just a number.

I personally felt let down by the company i gave so much time to and when I was put back to my original job that I started my carrer with at SSE I then decided it was time for me to go.

I can honestly say I have never looked back and leaving was the best decision I have ever made.

If you dont mind being treated like a robot and Management constantly moaning at you over stats then this is the perfect job for you.

However if you have a caring nature and like customer service, helping people then this is definetly not the job for you.
Pros
Money is good
Cons
Booking time off, Mental health awareness and Supporting staff
Not writing a review
Customer Service Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hampshire21 August 2018
Not writing a review about my trime here, go away indeed with your character limit forcing bs. no no no hahaha, not writing any more...really? more? done
Pros
cba
Cons
cba
Busy, sometimes stressful, sometimes really good fun
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Havant, Hampshire7 August 2018
There is a LOT of pressure and targets to meet. In a good team it can be great. If not..... then it is hard work. Can be mentally draining. Salary is good
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Too many petty rules - we are adults
Don't waste your time
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff6 August 2018
Worse job I've ever had. Bullies and no respect for you or anyone else no support when you need it I was forced to work past my shift unpaid awful company I left mid shift to bring abused by staff in front of mangers who did nothing
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Everything about this awful job
Sitel is ok to work at
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear30 July 2018
Management is ok, depending on who’s team your on at Sitel (based in Newcastle), very stressful environment to be in. Management tells you one thing where as your getting told a different thing next. Wage is good however £8.75 an hour. Don’t really get much from management unless your one of the favourites
Pros
Wage £8.75
Cons
One rule for one and a different rule for another
Customer service
Customer Service Advisor (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow16 July 2018
The days are long and stressful, there is very little help around when needed, some people are unapproachable. Your team mates keep you going and you are well paid.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
Everything else
Warrant Officer (Current Employee) –  Basildon10 July 2018
The hardest part is going to people’s homes at a very vulnerable time.
Getting a resolution with a customer and helping them get it organised.
Having people around you that have your back no matter what.
Horrendous
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff5 July 2018
Management are horrendous, treat you like robots, scripted calls, no compassion to lower ranked staff, not enough support. Do not work here. You’ll regret it
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too many to list
Good Work Colleagues
Parts Team Advisor /Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Perth11 June 2018
The other employees and your work colleagues are generally a good bunch of people. The teams I have worked in have been a happy and engaging and the best people I have worked with. There is also good benefits and the wages are well above minimum wage even for the lowest paid workers.
I do believe higher management are a bit less connected with the people on the ground floor and some of the recent decisions have not been the best.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Disconnected higher management
Good work life ballance but frustrating
BI Analyst (Current Employee) –  Havant, Hampshire11 May 2018
Good work life balance and great team members.

Frustrating ways of working in some teams.

Where i am there is little to no career progression which is why i am now looking for new employment
Lots of possibilities.
Sales and Retentions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cardiff6 May 2018
I worked at SSE from September 2017-2018 and it was a great place for my first job, clean work environment and great people! Job can get tedious but there is plenty of progression.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth29 April 2018
An amazing company to work with. they are extremely supportive. they were very kind and considerate to all. treat you with respect and like an adult. the most enjoyable part of the job was the people you meet. everyone is so kind
Pros
amazing people
Good salary
Inbound CS Agent (Former Employee) –  Havant, Hampshire18 April 2018
Good salary for the type of work, however a lot is expected of you.

Targets are a must and management are supportive until you do something wrong.

OCD on health and safety.
Not people friendly at all
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire17 April 2018
Lost my job here whilst on probation for being genuinely ill for 2 days! My 1 year old child was also ill at the same time but they couldnt care less. Took ages to get a start date then was dismissed within 5 months. Place is a shambles.
Living Nightmare...
Smart Meter Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester11 April 2018
Manchester depot is an absolute shambles. Run by dictators who don’t have a clue of the real world. Like other reviewers have mentioned, unachievable targets, constant nagging, constant audits, and no appreciation at all. Terrible vans, tools and uniform. The Manchester depot regional manager is desperately trying to climb the ranks within SSE and in the process screwing everyone else over in the process. Other manager underneath him are dictating puppets.
I’ve had many jobs in my lifetime but this one clearly takes the biscuit.
Shame SSE management higher up don’t read the reviews and make a change.
If you want to sleep peacefully, avoid working at this depot.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Everything besides
Sales and retentions Executive
Sales and retentions executive (Former Employee) –  Cardiff21 March 2018
Really good work culture and environment. Amazing training scheme and provide great opportunities to excel within the company. Really nice people and management.