SQA Employee Reviews

United Kingdom17 reviews
The culture of this workplace seems to form into cliques and the staff tend not to socialise outside of these.
The job was easy enough as a temp, but can be done by permanent staff if they just got on with work.
Pros
Easy job, good wages
Cons
Clique-y atmosphere, expensive canteen
Management act like spoilt children do not help in any way if you have family emergencies and punish you for minor things out of your control like the saws cutting peices not square
I have never worked anywhere so poor at keeping people busy. Restructures have been counter-productive and the IT management decision making and lack of strategic direction is damaging
Pros
Location, hours, public holidays
Cons
Poor management, blame culture
The Leadership teams have no idea of what is happening 'on the shop floor'. The organisation is run based on finances rather than quality. There is a high number of people that have been promoted into a job due to incompetence in their previous role, resulting in further higher paid incompetence.
Pros
Holidays (standard public sector). Office location
Cons
Leadership. IT systems. Unhappy workforce
Worked temporary and enjoyed being part of small team. Managers were helpful and approachable. Work had to be accurate and deadlines met. Friendly staff and in house canteen which served very good value for money meals.
Diese Organiisation vorbereitet und schreibt Englisch- und Matte- Pruefungsunterlagen fuer Kinder in saemtlichen Grundschulen in Grossbritannien. Die Beispiele die ich ueberlegte waren fair aber telweise schwierig und in meiner Schule waren die Kinder ueberfordert und beendeten ihre Antworten fruehzeitig. Meine Bewertung ist 3.
Where do I start ?
Supervisors are recalled every year with the common denominator being hash.

Most other employees are friends and relatives also on Hash, and thus given preferential treatment.

The cemetery and surrounding area is the usual 'smoking' area.

Disgraceful that this is allowed to go on.

Pertemps and the SQA are aware of this.
Pros
Great if you're a junkie
Cons
Not so good
Very friendly and helpful great hours if your willing to put them in. Good income they will bend backwards to help you
They will also. Help you any way they can. Pay you on time no issues at all I will definitely go back next year even it’s only temporary but worth it
Pros
Money
Cons
SQA operate as a Responsible Business and not only do a lot of work in giving back to the community but also work to provide staff with a supportive environment and a good work /life balance. The work was varied and high standards were expected and required. Their no-blame culture means that management are supportive and encouraging. I found it a great place to work.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SQA?
Good reliable company Pertemps helped me get this role. Never missed a payday and was weekly pay, they also were able to calculate any overtime very fast
Did a summer stint helping with main examination marking administration. No written guidance which meant we were forever interrupting the supervisor to ask questions. Things seem to stay the same year after year...any suggestions for change were quickly dismissed. Very much us and them culture between some perm staff and temps, very cliquey. But also some really nice people there who were helpful and friendly, free tea and coffee, no requests to start early or finish late, free parking.
Pros
No pressure to start early or finish late.
Cons
The organisation is resistant to change.
I enjoyed my work experience at the SQA. I worked around the whole building doing different things, getting showed different tasks. I learned basic skills such as spreadsheets and filing. The SQA was a lovely environment, sometimes it wasn't easy at break and lunch because there wasn't anyone around my age to sit with. I enjoyed sitting at the main entrance working with great women who showed me how to speak to visitors. She was showing me how to use the CCTV cameras and how to use the in and out book for visitors.
Pros
You have money on your card to start of with
Cons
Long hours in a really hot enviroment
The SQA is an amazing and interesting place to work. With smiling faces around every corner each day was easy to start. A very busy environment with each department holding up their end of the exam diet to make it a smooth process.
Pros
Nice people
Had to input peoples qualifications.

My co workers were happy and easy to get along with.

Hardest part was getting there.

Most enjoyable part was i enjoyed it.
Pros
A lot of breaks.
Cons
Location.
Great education and i learned everything i know now because of them
Carry out development tasks.
On the job training

Good co-workers

Pros
Flexible Working
Cons
Public sector salary
Amazing place to work for , very friendly and professional staff
Pros
friendly professional staff