Springfield Healthcare Employee Reviews

Avoid at all costs
N/A (Former Employee) –  Seacroft Leeds20 May 2019
I worked at Seacroft grange....in just two years we had 6 managers & all of them were rubbish
Major mismanagement, improper ways of dealing with staff & issues
Poorly paid, people on same wage but they had no responsibility unlike myself
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, rubbish management, a lot of backstabbing from brown nose staff
Very low pay
Carer (Former Employee) –  Garforth, West Yorkshire23 March 2019
I accept that caring is not carried out for the money... however when you only pay your staff minimum wage for nightshift, you won’t get many people come forward for that. Considering other homes in the area pay over £9 per hour for nights and you are paying £7.83 per hour! It’s extremely poor for extremely unsocial hours. Hours are poor here as well. Day shifts are 0800-2000. You have to pay for your own DBS and training is deducted from your pay should you leave within a certain period of time. Care standards should have been a lot higher. Especially when on an emi locked unit there is only one member of staff on all night!! How exactly is that providing safe care and indeed safe employment? Wasn’t impressed at all!
Horrible place to work
Night Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  The grange Leeds4 December 2018
At the interview the manager and HR officer said there was benefits of working there but there is no benefits of working there at all the management don’t care about staff if you have a issue it’s brushed off with leave it with us we will deal with it but nothing ever gets done the staff are horrible to work with constantly criticising your work and making faulce allegations to management (not knowing that someone’s job could be at stake) there’s no support from management or your so called colleagues. There’s no appreciation for doing overtime but if you make a mistake you know about it. When you have meetings it’s like been interigated by the police no advanced warning just a phone call telling you to come in. Just a horrible place to work give it a wide birth
Pros
Cons
Long hours. No support. Horrible management. Horrible people to work with
Supportive management
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Darlington, Durham5 November 2018
I've been working for springfield for 2 years, I'm more qualified to be in a more professional roll so I'm here because I love it! I agree that at times it can be frustrating like any job in this sector! The call times, travel times, care providing, the list goes on. Welcome. To the real world of red tape and constraints. The call times are down to the council, not our management team! They often challenge this, demand reviews etc where we raise concerns and get shot down. The travel times are nothing unusual in this sector. The care delivery is nothing that can be taught, each client is different and has different needs, the best training is being out there and learning all this yourself. Having common sense and a good attitude will take you a long way. These things may not always be evident in an interview but this company possess the ability to see some good qualities in potential employees, despite themselves (us) being let down. Those who left a bad review, remember they seen the potential in you too. What many don't realise is that rotas are computerised too, the system allocates calls and at times it likes to assign unattainable calls onto workers, again its OUR responsibility to raise this and the office team are ALWAYS helpful. I personally have always had a great relationship with the office staff, but I think that this is a result from having a realistic, communicative and positive attitude and have always laid my boundaries down! If I can do it I will. If I can't I won't. Don't blame them because you kept saying yes. Responsibility works both ways, many seem to shift  more... it onto the office rather than take any themselves. Let's also face the fact that we have 100's of clients all needing care! The packages are taken on in line with worker availability and the ability to manage it!! Many have come to us with full availability then changed their availability suddenly to not being able to work weekends, not being able to do this or that time, which then has a huge knock on effect on other carers and more importantly the clients. It then falls on those who are available to pick calls up. This again is not the companies fault! This company in this area has gotten bigger and bigger over the past year, and its all trial and error, they rely on responsible, reasonable adults to feedback what's working and not. Again, we are not children, we are responsible adults hired to take care of those that are our most vulnerable of society. Shifting blame and responsibility is immature, not being able to handle the requirements but blaming everyone else is immature, being unreliable is not a desired trait, you're affecting the vulnerable clients and you are not meant for the job role. Don't blame the company! You fit with the clients, the clients don't fit with you! Every job has its downsides. You'll find that wherever you go.  less
Pros
Pro active, supportive supervisors and care co ordinators recognise and value the staff
Cons
Unrealistic, unreliable employees, pay doesnt reflect what we do.
not a happy workplace
Carer (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull7 September 2018
worse place i have ever worked no home life constent phone call even when on hoilday abroard asking for you to work. If overtime refused your hours are cut back it a minimum
Pros
Cons
no home/work life balance
Not good at all discusting managment
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull6 August 2018
Really bad company to work for if you do not pick up your phone on your day of the managment leave you messages threatning to take all your work of you i mean there supposed to be professional what a complete joke,managment need sacking,they are all two faced to eachother and talk about other staff its a terrible place to work id not ever go nack even if they paid me tripple,thats how bad it is i mean look at there reviews there not that good and i can understand that completley
Pros
Cons
Bad managment
Dissapointed
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire24 July 2018
Horrible management calls are too short for all the work involved...poor organisational management...travel time ridiculous short...not recommended. Training was great.
great place to work recommend to anyone
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Darlington, Durham30 May 2018
I've been working as a carer at Springfield Darlington for a year now and love it. Springfield is so supportive like a massive family, they help you through anything. The hours are great, the company is always flexible to the hours what you require. The management is also extremely supportive, all the office staff are.
Hands down the best part of the job is meeting the wonderful clients Springfield has. They are always so happy and any concerns or struggles you have when out in the community the office is always there to help you/ talk you through any problems.
There is also lots of perks from the job - paid mileage, perkbox, career progression, free NVQ, refer a friend scheme £150 and free uniform & equipment.
Pros
Meeting the wonderful clients
Great company
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire22 May 2018
Worked here since February love my job many people have negative things to say about caring I find it very rewarding and also feel like our company and office staff are amazing
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hull13 March 2018
I've been working as a carer at Springfield Hull for nearly 4 years and love it.Just recently I left the company thinking the grass was greener on the other side and surprise surprise it wasn't so after false promises from another company I left and contacted Springfield for my job back to which I was welcomed back with open arms without any hard feelings.Springfield are also very supportive as I've had alot of issues outside if work and they've helped me massively to which I'm truly grateful,so for all of you out there looking to be a great carer with fab training/gsupportive and approachable management then come and join us at Springfield 👍👍👍👍
Pros
Great career aspects
Excellent company to work for.
Homecare (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire4 March 2018
I have worked in Hull for Springfield caring for over seven years. I was ill for a spell and the company supported me one hundred percent. When I came back, they ensured my round suited my needs, weaning me in and helping me all the way. I can honestly admit I love my job and although working for Springfield can have it's ups and downs, the positives by far out way the negatives. I have seen lots of changes, but working for Springfield is a pleasure once problems are ironed out. I hope to continue working and enjoying my job and suggest people applying to work for the company will thoroughly love their job as I do, as long as they are suited to a carer's role.
Pros
Support from staff and co workers. I feel we work as a team to ensure we have happy service users
Cons
For me personally on my bike i sometimes struggle with distance between calls, but generally calls allocated try to be close together.
Quality Care / Quality Company
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Hull City Centre, East Riding of Yorkshire1 March 2018
I am an employee in Hull and am happy in my role, I deliver person centred care and have received excellent training.

The office and management team are approachable and treat me with respect and I receive support when I need it.

The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people to stay at home and keep their independence.
Pros
Welcoming Team and Excellent Training
Good to work for
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire28 February 2018
I’ve worked for other companies in same role but find Springfield a much better company as they offer advancement if you want it, they actually listen to you, they keep you informed and up to date, the management are very approachable, the shifts are split so you can have other commitments but can pick up extra hours if you need to, they are a very good company to work for.
Good all round
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire28 February 2018
I enjoy working for Springfield we are a good team caring for all our customers we get good benefits working for Springfield love talking and helping my clients if they are happy it makes me happy
Pros
Helping my clients
Enjoyable and friendly team
I have worked Springfield Healthcare Group for over 5 years and enjoy coming to work everyday. Some days are tough but overall I love my job and visiting the service users in the community.

No day is the same and the support in place is really good. Full training is provided and the company have a good rota pattern in place so that I have work / life balance.

The office team are friendly, approachable and are always there to support you, I receive supervisions and feedback and can raise any concerns that I have to the office team / management.

There is the chance to progress in the company which is good as it gives you something to aim towards.
Pros
Friendly team and a satisfying job with great colleagues
Great recruitment processes
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  North East28 February 2018
Having recently applied to work for Springfield i have found the company to be person centered not only towards people cared for but also their staff.
Pros
Team work, flexibility with rotas, approachable management
rewarding but tiring
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull8 January 2018
Very rewarding but some pressure from management sometimes. Not the best communication or training. Hours are quite long. Other than that the job is good but just draining physicaly.
Rewarding work unrealistic timeings and routes
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham7 January 2018
Loved working with people. They offer nvqs ECT they offer the odd incentive. But there route planning and time scale is lacking a lot. Given an stupid times for walkers and drivers. For example a walking carer .....redhall estate 9.10am 30min call 9.45am south park area 30mins call 10.20am salters lane area .... so your given 5/10 mins to travel via walking cycling or bus to go from one end of town to another which is unrealistic. This was my only issue working for this company. Other than this issue they are a good company to work for. Helpful when it comes to childcare as they do try to work round you and always just a phone call away if u have any problems or need some advice or help. Close knit team which is also nice.
Pros
Close knit team try and work around your family life
Cons
Unrealistic time frames
Too hectic, short staffed, no support, weak management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire2 November 2017
Worked as a nurse.Run off my feet. Had to be on the floor, doing care due to shortage of staff-overworked. Place looked new and clean but care staff were not up to par for level of care expected-part time university students etc. Staff not appreciated. Staff burning out.
Pros
Good wage
Cons
Management not overly concerned about their staff & Poor training
long days
homecarer (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire14 August 2017
a rewarding job but long days, you need to be passenart about your job, the days can be long, and car an essential part of the job requirements, there is overtime available if your willing to work extra days.
Pros
out in the comunity
Cons
long days with gaps in your shift pattern

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Springfield Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Springfield Healthcare Reviews by Location