Sports Direct Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with enjoyable tasks
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crayford, Kent18 January 2018
I was on footwear most of the time which I enjoyed, as an employee you were able to be sociable but work hard at the same time and interact with customers regularly. When there was nobody to serve, there were still tasks for everyone so it was very proactive. I enjoyed it and it was competitive with the commission scheme which gave everyone a chance to earn more money. The only downside was booking time off, sometimes there are weeks where you are not allowed to book off and it becomes a problem when you definitely need that day off.
good first job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire17 January 2018
It was a fun place to work, however, it is not a job you can stay at long due to the low wages and lack of advancement that is available. The management are very good people to work with and it is a very good option for a first job.
Pros
work colleagues
Cons
poor salary
Fantastic
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton17 January 2018
The management is very good there, a little unorganised but generally helpful and give very good and balanced hours.
Staff are all very good, helpful, talkative and fun as we are all the same or similar age.
good experience
Part time sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester16 January 2018
Good for retail experience, not the best place for a career. Management is great at my place, nice people
Not that exciting
It was easy to get the job, applied for a temp position and got told could stay on for longer

Company policies do make some customers frustrated, so you do have to deal with difficult customers

It is a Company with a history of not treating their employees well so beware.
Cons
Hours can be long, no breaks if in for under 6 hours
good
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire16 January 2018
lovely staff many hours to pick from, in centre of leeds to easy to get to, interesting and different everyday, management is really nice and approachable
Challenging company to work for
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shirebrook, Derbyshire15 January 2018
Not afraid of hard work but there is very little praise for a job well done.

Make a mistake,however, and oh boy are you punished and punished and punished.

The overall work culture is one of fear. It is not a very pleasant place to work.
Cons
very long hours and an unmotivating fear culture
Learned new skills
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire13 January 2018
The main benefit from working here was that I learnt a lot of new and very useful skills about working in retail, skill that I believe will benefit me
productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, Lincolnshire13 January 2018
It's good job for a start. Perfect for students. fun place to work and great team. Meeting new customers everyday is a challenge and meeting tasks set by sports direct keeps you focused and motivated troughout your shifts.
Pros
friendly team
Cons
not enough hours
Bad managment
Sports Direct Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London13 January 2018
The culture at sports direct was not good as the managment was not in tune with its staff. Majority of Staff were often not content and would talk negatively about sports direct.
Pros
Traning was given
Cons
lack of understanding from managnment
productive
SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  middlebrrok bolton12 January 2018
Dealing with customer queries on a day to day basis.
Working in a team and meeting all the stores needs.
Going around on new store opening.
Dealing with store deliveries on a daily basis having all stock ready and out before the afternoon.
fun place to work and great team.
CUSTOMER SALES OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Redcar11 January 2018
Pros
great team to work with
Cons
low hours
very run down store
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  frien barnet11 January 2018
I was very disappointed with how run down this sore was and how the management lacked control of the store. the store was very unprofessional and I was disappointed with the lack of shifts they provide as it was a 0 hour contract.
Not a great work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  North London10 January 2018
The working environment was not great the manager of the store was very rude to both his staff and customers.
I gained sales and improved on my customer service skills in the short time i was here.
Pros
Sales skills gained
Cons
Long hours 1/2 hr break for entire shift
Poor Management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broughton, Flintshire10 January 2018
A typical day in work was the same over and over again didn't learn much at all, The management was terrible they didnt care about the part time staff spoke to everyone else like they were rubbish and stood around on their phones all day having a laugh. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the managers and the most enjoyable was serving customers and speaking to new people and getting to help people out.
Great staff
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds10 January 2018
I was very fortunate to work with some really nice staff members, at the Leeds headrow store, they worked around my university hours and was able to accommodate both.
stressful but enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent10 January 2018
I learned a lot from working at SportsDirect, I was to quit and come when it suited me and had very flexible hours due to my zero hour contract.
However, with this comes the uncertainty of shifts, and having to give in my availability 3 weeks in advance.
Cons
unpaid lunch
Very friendly team
Sales Assistant Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Hastings9 January 2018
I always go into work happy with a smile knowing it is going to be a good day, I love the management team as they are always kind and willing to help and listen to your needs. I love to help out each and every costumer and always leave work knowing I have made a difference in my day.
Pros
Good hours to work around my college hours
Cons
Money
Fun workplace and beautiful people
Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex9 January 2018
Good experience, great colleagues, pretty good payment, good managment. Earnings on five star products, insoles and shoe cares, pretty good hours and a good place to work
Pros
Benefits on products
very enjoyable workplace
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Darlington8 January 2018
I enjoyed working there as I always felt comfortable and secure. I found it easy to understand, and was able to further myself, being competent in completing tasks which managers could. I was also always keen to learn showing interest in learning new skills and how to do more jobs. it has definitely developed me as a person as I can easily del with a number of tasks and know how to prioritise these for the workplace.
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Workington, Cumbria8 January 2018
Staff are all lovely and friendly and everyone works well as a team.
The job has a variety of different roles so you never bored of the job as you were always doing and learning something new.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
short shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sports Direct. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5