Sports Direct

Sports Direct Employee Reviews

United Kingdom3,092 reviews
Found 3,092 reviews matching the search
Fun Workspace
In my day to day at Sports Direct at first learning the ropes of the company was a bit challenging but then i felt comfortable once i had picked up the details which i then excelled in a very efficient manner.

i would have to go from speaking the native tongue of the UK to speaking in Spanish to help out tourist which did not communicate in English which management found extremely helpful as many tourist would come into the store.

i would also have a chance to go to other floors to help out when they needed assistance in anyway.

i would think that i am a very proactive person who likes to learn and tackle new challenges when the opportunity arises.
Ambiente joven y ayuda entre compañeros
Es una empresa que pagaba bien, había compañerismo y el ambiente era estupendo entre los compañeros.Todo muy cordial.
Good
Good place to start, easy to get on with other workers and pick up the job easily, good for people who are in education or need a side job unless you work your way up
Fun workplace
It was an entertaining workplace with a new challenge everyday. The Managers were friendly towards all members of staff and were always happy to help other members of the team.
Fastpaced and constantly busy
Constantly busy, you always have to be alert. It can be a fun place to work, a typical day can go by very quickly. Managment are all friendly, they feel like they are apart of the staff.
Absolutely disgraceful company
Were made to stay an hour after our shift ended without being paid, management was unbelievably rude and didn't care about your well being in the slightest. Disgusting company.
Pros
Cons
The whole job
Not bad. Pay not enough
Decent work environment
Poor pay

Busy

Pay should be better and proper contract

Good for work experience

Not as bad as everyone makes out

Convenient hours
Terrible.
So I worked at sports direct for almost 3 years. I didn’t feel welcome at all for the first 4 months I didn’t speak to anyone I was too shy and no one came forward to speak to me. Once I finally fitted in with the “crowd” at Sports direct I finally felt it was an okay place to work at and I did for a few months. Until I started to realise how much people would stab others in the back, gossip and was generally just two faced including all the management. You would be made to work a ridiculous amount of hours but in all honesty you needed to to be able to even afford anything. Let alone the management don’t work at sports direct unless you can deal with the s*** customers will give you about the returns policy. Despite being on a zero hour contract you would still struggle to have holiday even if you gave plenty of months notice and no one else was booked for holiday. The manager would always sort the rota to benefit them. They wanted a day off they wouldn’t need to take it as holiday just add the rota to their convince. I was refuse two weekends off just because it was one after another despite it being plenty of notice and no one else had it booked off. The management would always try to intimidate its staff because they wanted to have that clear authority. The attitude was disgusting and I would not recommend anyone to go there it is not worth your time and it’s draining on your mental health which the manager I had said mental health issues was just an excuse to not come work despite have proof of it from doctors. Which even then your sick note would be pass around and everyone - more...
Slow progression
This is an okay company to work for. Depends on the branch but they are not quick to progress people up in the company. Some benefits for being on management but long contracted hours and huge workload.
Nothing to add
Completely bad experience thats all i will say
No benefit what so ever to work here completely agency work no one will ever get a full time job working there and pay is bad
Crooks
They never paid me my holiday pay. The managers and supervisors are just nasty. Fairly hard/ fast paced picking rate. Stressful environment. Best connection is the worst of the 3 agencies that work their. Total disregard for health and safety, trained on a mark 3 vna truck and then expected to drive mark 1 which was totally different with no training.
Pretty alright
The day would usually start with clocking in with your payroll. Then being instructed to go to the front desk to see what you are doing for the day. If new you would get someone to teaching you on basic like tills or footwear.
Stay clear
Higher management are really rude and dont listen just do it attitude supervisor have very little experience to many people coming and going no health and safty regulations fork trucks in poor condition
Not fun place to work
A typical day at work was serving customers and cash and card handing.
What learned was how to label clothes and set shoe stand up

There was really nice management expect one he always had it for me he just use to throw shoe behind the till told me he checked the size so i dint have check them then i got told off for it .

most enjoyably part was having banter with customers and laugh an serving them
Ambiente relajado, trabajando en equipo.
El trabajo en la empresa fue relajado y dinamico. Muy buen ambiente. Buenos incentivos.
competive
not a very nice work place, some of the staff are hard to work with, the environment is not very productive and is also very boring at time shifts fell like they last forever
I really like it
I’ve worked in company for 15 years in a fast pace environment it can be challenging and you never no what challenges your going to face but I love getting involved with tasks and completed them
Flexilble
Working with sports direct they are very flexible company and negotiate very well to fit the best needs, this allowed me to gain many hours when needed.
Terrible
Awful company to work for would not recommend it to anyone it’s not worth it at all, the wages you do get are spent mainly on the travelling you do to get there
Sports direct
Stupid working hours min wage no extra benefits as seen in adverts what you read about the job is not real you get none of them easy money if you dont want to sit around
Sports direct
A typical day at work can include a busy day on the tills serving customers, serving customers different types of footwear and doing returns.

Most enjoyable part of my job is communicating with the customers making sure they have found everything they was looking for, I also really enjoy working as part of a team with all the staff. Yea