Sports Direct Fitness Employee Reviews

Bad place to work management to start with
CLEANER (Current Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire7 August 2019
Management wasn't the best very two faced treated staff in different ways had her best ones Care more about shopping and hair cuts. Manager would allways do morings never work weekends all laters
Horrible toxic place to work
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Sydenham18 June 2019
Believe everything you hear it’s such a bad place to work they never ever pay you what your owed, management was horrific and clearly had favourites, .
Not Great
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 June 2019
Signing members into and out of the gym on entry. Provide a high level on customer service, answer phone calls, work the till, assister members and guests with any general enquires.
Lovely Job, Lovely people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk22 May 2019
Whilst at Sports Direct my duties over the weekend consisted of managing the customer calls and inquiries, pitching sales to potential new members and assisting in sign up. I also took care of processing cancellations and terminations in contract, as well as monitoring security cameras and taking routine pool checks throughout the course of the day, every half hour. I was the primary point of contact and presentation of the gym throughout the weekends, dealing with client complaints, hazards, quires, and calls. I really enjoyed this job for its balance of a steady work routine and the unpredictable nature of the clients that I would meet each day. By far this has been my favorite job title so far.
National Fitness Manager
NATIONAL FITNESS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester31 January 2019
Fantastic place to work, great Head of Leisure and Head of Commercial.
Great work/life balance and to be part of a great team building new facilities was a unique learning opportunity.
Terrible management, do not waste your efforts
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands6 January 2019
Worked for sports direct for around 4 months before they let me go for failing my 6 month probation on my 0 hour contract like they give to most people, due to rota being changed mid week and missing a shift because of not knowing Rotas were changed . Even when I had proof of the rota being changed mid week after being told final rotas were always printed for Monday morning.

Small discount was only allowed to be redeemed on a specific day of the week and were made to purchase trainers from in store with own wages to wear during shift.

Regional managers also extremely stuck up and tried to make members of staff wear rashguards/ longsleeve tops under uniform to cover tattoos, no talking between staff on shop floor, leaving a very poor moral and boring work place
Pros
Cons
Bad contracts, low wage, hours messed around.
Good staff and members
Sales/Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Croydon14 November 2018
This is a good place to learn a improve your skills and to learn new skill. Everyone is friendly here. And they is a good environment for you to grow.
hard work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kings Heath1 October 2018
As an employer Sports Direct promise to train and support their staff thoroughly before being introduced to heavy workloads. however, this is not the case, it is more a baptism of fire whereby you either sink or swim.
Overall: Very Good
Assistant Club Manager (Operations) (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow29 August 2018
Worked as various roles within the management structure, good bonus system, good development but poor training and long hours.

targets seemed to be sometimes a number pulled from the sky. good live reports to track progress.
Female cleaner
Female cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sale, Greater Manchester15 August 2018
a lot of work for a few hours
lack of cleaning material
the team presses the cleaners
the salary is not attractive for the effort that is made
They do not pay night hours.
there is no fixed cleaning plan
Pros
Parking
Cons
Salary
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 April 2018
I believe that I am I person who can communicate with other employees and I think I'd be a great worker towards your company. The company overall is a great company I like how they all work as a team and communicate with each other to get the job done. I believe I can give the company extra help and get the process done a little more quicker
Pros
Free lunches
Awful experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey7 January 2018
Awful work enviroment. Worst place ever. Do not waste your time and energy there, it is not worth it. You won't get paid properly, managers don't care about anything or anyone but themselves, head office is rude and unhelpful.
Pros
I have met few nice people
Cons
Everything is just horrible
Poor work-lifebalance
Deputy Club Manager- Operations and Sales (Former Employee) –  Epsom, Surrey1 January 2018
The company as a hole is not the best to work for, bonus structures change and they are unachievable.
They refuse to pay sick pay (this was when I was personally rushed in to hospital for an operation), on top of this they refused to pay my PT to which I had done in my own hours.
If your looking for a good company there are far better to be working for.
Pros
Cons
45 hour weeks before breaks
Average workplce
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Wigan14 October 2017
It as an average place to work with a relative high turnover of staff and pretty menial tasks to be carried out that don't need a lot of training.....
Productive and fun work place
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside3 October 2017
Rewarding career with opportunities for additional bonuses on top of salary.
New and expanding company with many opportunities for progression and development.
Pros
Bonusses
Cons
Contract length
Long hours / no life
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  England16 August 2017
If you want a life don't work for this company. Managers work 45 hours a week and end up with the same salary as staff below them who work a 40 hour week. Your job is more than what's on your job description for poor pay. Constantly chasing your bonus as they never seem to pay you what you are owed. Lack of training for staff as a result when something has not been done correctly slated by management in front of other staff members. Don't do it !!!!
Cons
Long hours no work/life balance poor management
Worst place I've worked
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Aintree, Merseyside19 July 2017
It is a busy gym and the equipment was a good standard but the management were horrendous and a lot of the staff were to pally so if there was a problem it was ignored!
Bad for PTs
Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham18 June 2017
Do not be a personal trainer for this company. They charge stupid rent rates. You have to pay a month rent upfront before you start and if you miss a payment you get suspended from the club and can't use it till you pay them. No help from the management or from the PT regional management. Gym is not worth the rent as alot of equipment is broken, old or damaged. Fitness manager at the gym doesn't help you much at all. You can't advertise your own thing around the gym ( posters etc). Just better gyms out there and for a "budget gym" charging £494 per month is ridiculous.
Pros
free gym
Cons
rent rates and everything
Horrible workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire13 June 2017
Poor management and organisation of the company from all areas. Do not treat their staff well and have a worryingly fast staff turn over. No support from the hierarchy of the business
not the best company
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 May 2017
awful company to work for, never enough supplies to work with, managers have an attitude problem, not enough COSHH training, best part of the job was finishing my shift
Pros
decent shift
Cons
awful company