Splendid Hospitality

Splendid Hospitality Employee Reviews

United Kingdom53 reviews
Good pay but can sometimes be stressful in terms of shift organisation. Also, management can be quite pushy with shifts even if you say you can't do the shift they have suggested.
Splendid provides staff for upscale events in and around London!
Very good training given, Staff and management are lovely and always happy to help!

Great opportunities for progression and very supportive through this process!

The amount of celebrity performances I have seen whilst at work is mad, for example I once got paid to serve dinner and was then allowed to watch an entire Paloma Faith set from the wings!

I went from having hardly ever worked in events before to running my own team of waiters in just 2 months!

Entirely flexible, You choose when you want to work!

Shifts can range from anywhere between 4-18 hours but again you can choose exactly what you want with no pressure whatsoever, you can even do a double shift in one day if you need that extra cash!

The best thing about splendid is that everything is done over the phone whether this be bookings or shift queries, meaning there is always a friendly voice to help you if you ever get lost on the way to an event or need to cancel for whatever reason.

I love working for splendid, and I think that you will too :D
Pros
Progession, Good Pay, Great opportunities!
Cons
On your feet a lot! Some heavy lifting
I was invited for a group interview that was supposed to last for few hours. There were about 20 people from different walks of life coming in for this session, and disregarding our previous experiences we were all placed together to play some silly elementary school-like games and learn basic skills such as carrying a trey. As someone who's working in the industry for several years now and was only looking to expand my opportunities, this was a complete waste of time, especially when the interview expended into good 5 hours altogether. They've never inquired about our previous experiences and got us all sit throughout the entire process where every individual had to perform each skill separately (multiply that with 20 and there goes your day). I can also say that I've never seen such
disorganized serving system they were using before, like if they've never heard of a sitting position numbers, creating a complete mess of a service.

They spent a lot of time promoting their work abroad, working at the international parties that cost several millions and how some people got booked to them for their second or third shift already, but in this whole time spent there they've not even once mentioned something as basic as what's actually salary.

Some days later I've received an email saying their books are currently full and they're not taking new people on board... Like they didn't know this before asking us all to their interview, wasting half of our day like if noone has anything better to do then cater to this pretentious company.

I certainly don't have any interest of
 - more...
You get to meet many people and get to work at many venues, some are very VIP venues (Buckingham palace). Also, having the freedom to work when and where you want is something that really benefits the worker as they could also be studying therefore can't give their 100% of time.
During the interview process and the induction everything looked absolutely perfect but all the amazing things I was told were only words. You sign a waiver that allows the company to make you work more the 48hr often more than 70hr per week. Staff are pushed to work beyond their physical limits. No overtime or lieu day is given. "Like it or leave it" attitude by managers. Low pay
At splendid you will work at a wide variety of places with a wide variety of people. Some jobs will be stressful and fast-paced where you will not even get a eating break however others can be very relaxed, it just depends on who you're working for. Personally I found the inconsistency of jobs an issue as i was trying to save money fast and sometimes didn't have a job for weeks. Nevertheless once you get used to the work and meet new people the job can be very enjoyable and i would recommend it.
Pros
Meeting new people & new skills
Cons
Certain clients are stressful
Fair employer and multi culture environment . Ok to work for them . They have improved since I left and I hear good news about them and their progress in terms of staff development and training
Dont be a fool and join the weekends are a nightmare and you will work long hours the managers never help even if someone calls in sick just avoid this place at all costs.
Amazing company to work for! Yes, every job has its moments. But I would highly recommend working for Splendid. They really look after their staff! Great team work throughout all the departments and great positive working atmosphere! Work life balance is good. Had a great time working with in the company and the progression is fantastic!
Wonderful company and some fabulous people to work for. Same challenges all Hotel companies have but some inspirational leaders within the group. They invest in their people
Pros
Meals, uniforms, training
Having worked with 3 different companies to date, I am extremely happy I joined Splendid. They really embrace work-life balance. They also really study how they can enhance the employee's experience. Always open to suggestions from the team.

They not only care about the employee but also about the guest ( I am referring to the actual person and experience and not only revenue/ROI)

I would happily recommend this company (which in fact I have already done)
Pros
Perk box, support
Cons
None!!
I am relatively new to the company but I only have positive things to say about Splendid so far. It feels more like a family, where focus is not only on working had, but also having fun and making sure we progress together as a team.
It's an incredibly diverse team, with people from across the globe, with different cultures, languages and ideas. It's so refreshing!

Benefits are great, learning and development is in focus at all times, and our ultimate aim, to take care of our guests, is always at the forefront in everything we do.

Come and join us!
Pros
Free lunches, Free dry cleaning, Development incentives
I have employed here for 2 years and thoroughly enjoy my job role
As i am of a certain age new things are a challenge to say the least but i know i have the support of my colleagues to help and support me
Pros
friendly and enjoyable place to work
I joined the Splendid Family back in 2017 as the role suited my location and needs at the time. The support from the group has been excellent with a number of varied training courses designed to make you your very best, and support the strategy of the company.

I have see the company evolve over the two years I have worked with them and it’s getting better everyday with more aligned business plans and better infrastructure in group support. You really are treated as a family member with areas for progression and a place to have your voice heard.
Pros
Structured people team
I have worked for Splendid for just under 2 years and can honestly say that it's the best two years of my career so far.

Every day is different and my role offers me plenty of variety, as well as working within a great team!

I would really recommend the company to work for - it really strives to achieve a family culture and I am looking forward to seeing what the future brings!
Pros
Great team
Cons
n/a
I was looking to progress my career and Splendid Hospitality gave me the opportunity to develop and to achieve my dream job.
You have 100% support from every department. Loads of perks and training available.

Here you have the opportunity to grow along with the company and to be rewarded for your hard work.
Pros
Training
I was looking to progress my career but wasn't really sure what direction to take next - Front of House shift work doesn't fit my home life now. After a lot of discussion with relevant managers, I have been given a great promotion that suits my needs and am now working towards my next progressive role.

Great team to work with, lots of socialising and closely knit team throughout senior and middle management and our direct reports.

I feel well equipped and supported whilst still being left alone and trusted with my role to make my own way with it - mistakes are pointed out but not criticised, you're given the opportunity to learn from them.

Most enjoyable bit of my job is the interest in my career progression from the Senior Team and the training opportunities provided.

I think if you're willing to put in the hard work, which gives the job satisfaction I was looking for, this is a great place to work - if you're looking for an easy ride with not much asked of you, this is maybe not the place - they want driven people; a good quality in my opinion.
Pros
Progression
Cons
I know it's free but staff food could be better
I am really proud to say I work for Splendid. Since joining the company a year ago I have been made very welcome.
The training and support that I have been given has exceeded my expectations with trainers from within the company and external.

My immediate line manager is motivational and fair and my views and ideas are listened to.

After only a month here I suggested an idea and it was implemented within 24hours! In a previous company this idea would have taken months to implement. ( if ever).

The company is growing and it is exciting to see new opportunities within the business. I have already been promoted.

We work hard as a team, but we also socialise together too. I would recommend Splendid to my friends.
Pros
Training and support
I couldn't recommend Splendid Hospitality any higher! It's a fantastic place to work with a lot of opportunity to progress within the company and climb the corporate ladder.

On top of this, the culture is great with a great atmosphere, making it a fun place to work.
Pros
Culture, growth, workplace
Cons
None!
Feel good company, impressed with my on-boarding journey, where i received a warm welcome from the business and a clear plan for my first month. This helped me settled in and get up to speed quickly.
Pros
- look how many jobs advertisement on this company.
- every month leave 5-6 staff .

- remain only the old manager that do what they want.

- if you say something different, be ready to go out.
Pros
no one
Cons
all
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Splendid Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.
Splendid Hospitality Reviews by Location