Splendid Hospitality Employee Reviews

Extremely Poor
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire10 March 2019
Every departments is underpaid, especially since some people work out as being paid less than NMW. Housekeeper get 20 departs each. Management couldn't care less. Everything is always someone's problem or fault kind of culture. Not recommend.
Pros
Nice Staff
Cons
Pay
Busy
Assistant Financial Controller (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 March 2019
it is a small team with various locations reporting to the head office,
have several team leaders and a lot of work load
your day in day out is normally busy
Great
Events Staff (Current Employee) –  London6 January 2019
Splendid is a great place to work that allows individuals to gain vital experience if they are looking to go in to the events industry. Would highly recommend them.
Great people, rising company.
Team Member - Full Time (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 December 2018
I really enjoy working here, and have been here for 2+ years now. As with any role, it's the people you work with and for that really make the difference.

There have been some big changes in the way Splendid deal with underperformance, which I assume has prompted some of the really negative reviews on this site.

Splendid really involve all family members and run good company-wide events liek the Splendid Wellness Week-which shows they do really care about us as team members. Good support from central functions also.
Pros
Fun place to be, challenging
Cons
Longer hours, hospitality industry classicly under-pay.
Awful bullies
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire14 November 2018
Awful supervisors who enjoy bullying you and bringing you down. You end up hating the job and wishing you could quit. Management is awful and they never have enough stock.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else
Splendid Hospitality
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Crawley9 November 2018
Splendid are going through a lot of changes within the Sales team and although this can be unsettling for some staff members, management have ensured excellent communication and training on the new tasks and techniques which are now expected.

Meetings and sales team "get together's" happen regularly so you can be assured to always be meeting new members of the team from all over the UK and to have a continuous working relationship with your colleagues.

Splendid have also a great benefits for employees, including significant discounts on hotel stays within their portfolio
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Travel depending on your base location
Great Personal Development Opportunities at an exciting time
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom9 November 2018
As a regional Sales Leader I am very proud of working for this company at an exciting time in our growth.

My sales team undergo a comprehensive 120 on boarding program and are given a great level of training and support. From daily huddle calls with the team, weekly pipeline reviews and fortnightly coaching calls where we challenge ourselves and each other to get better every day.

I take personal pride in my team progression and we reward excellence in prospecting awarding two of the sales team Prospector of the Quarter so far this financial year (Since May 2018).

As a relatively small but fast growing organisation we’re working hard to ensure that the systems, policies and procedures from a sales perspective are in place, would you like to help shape this exciting time in our business. If so then applying to work for Splendid may well be the right move for you.
Pros
Personal Development, Progression Opportunities
Cons
Are you ready for the challenge?
No structure and bad managers
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire18 October 2018
Managers being hypocritical and rude towards staff are not really worth free food while on shift. During the point of my leave, management were not recruiting during the expansion of rooms, despite knowing it would make things difficult for us.
They also slack and are all one clique, thinking it is acceptable to go off and get cosmetics in the company building (whilst on shift may I add) while you're working or even trying to look to them for help.

It has become a place less for comfort and happiness for all of us including guests - and more for profit.

Complaints are not taken seriously, even sexual harassment which I have found out first hand, and we're not listened to when we want to make suggestions.
Staff food also lacks, even if it is free.
The only thing I have never EVER had an issue with are the guests themselves and the decor of the workplace.
Pros
Local, kind guests
Cons
Everything other than the guests
Porter
Porter (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire13 September 2018
Shoddy, no benefits, rude management, poor pay for 5star, would not recommend and what I witness they thrive on staff turnover.
I would only join if you are in desperation, so I would look at the many other hotels and b&bs that infest york first!!
Pros
Pack lunch
Cons
No trust in senior management
Poor management, exhausting environment
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire7 August 2018
This organisation looks like a very appealing employer from an outsider perspective. Working for them is the exact opposite. The management are rude and abusive, salary is very low for the hours/work demanded, work is disorganised and stressful. The training is particularly poor causing very high rate of staff turnover (many people would leave after a few weeks or months).
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours, low pay, lack of progression opportunities
Lurch from crisis to crisis
Porter (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire26 April 2018
Some days we dont have any butter, or potatoes, or mixers, depends on who had quit that week. Other days we dont have electricity, or parking spaces.

Then someday we suddenly had an extra 100 bedrooms and no extra staff. Your work load can go from 5* to B&B so you could be expected to clean 8 rooms a shift to 13 rooms a shift. You could cover 6 tables at breakfast to 11.

But hey if you dont like it you can quit. Unless of course you have a family to support. Your visa allows you to only work at the hotel and any changes must be declared etc.
Pros
Free lunch, uniform, cctv, your finger print to clock in and out.
Cons
Inedible lunch, stress, management bully.
Fun work environment, great team, great people.
Bartender, a Waiter, Food (Current Employee) –  London24 August 2016
My co workers at Splendid are all wonderful people and a pleasure to work with; it's like a tightknit community with everyone knowing everyone regardless of rank.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Splendid Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7