Spire Healthcare Employee Reviews

Disinterested management who place no value on loyalty and good service
Bank staff (Former Employee) –  Spire Little Aston Hospital18 July 2018
Not a good place to work. Runs on bank staff who are expected to behave as contracted staff but without any perks or benefits at all. Management are totally disinterested and unapproachable if bank staff have problems. After over 12 years of service I had to get Head Office involved to even get the Hospital Director to speak to me regarding an issue with a new policy which had changed the goalposts regarding the way I was allowed to work. Bank staff do not have recourse to a grievance procedure either - like it or lump is the attitude that all levels of management seem to take. Work here at your peril - loyalty and good service mean absolutely nothing.
Great work environment
JUNIOR LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 July 2018
A great environment to work in and i thoroughly enjoyed it. Every week i was often given a new task to do and I never got bored. Lovely staff and I always felt welcome.
Pros
great work experience
Cons
none.
Demanding and not very employee focused
Patient services assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester2 July 2018
Manager's were not interested in employees problems and queries; long and boring shifts but the pay was very good; especially for a young employee. Very repetitive shifts.
A company in development where you can have an impact
Central Operations (Former Employee) –  London27 June 2018
Spire is an interesting and progressive company. To be successful you need to be resilient and willing to make your role and surrounding processes your own.
Pros
Salary and opportunities
Cons
Frequent management change
Very busy place of work
Medical Records Officer (Current Employee) –  London26 June 2018
One is very busy from the start of the day till the end. There is a breakfast break in the morning where you are provided with toast and tea or coffee. There is a lot of filing that takes place and one needs to be accurate so as not to be in violation of the Data protection act. Teamwork and communication is a must. The hardest part of the job is not having the time to complete all the necessary workload within the normal work day. There is light banter among colleagues and seeing everyone complete their work and leave the office on time is gratifying.
Productive, Friendly and Fun Place
Bank Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harpenden25 June 2018
Amazing, positive and fun atmosphere with challenging tasks everyday and learning new things about Hospital Pharmacy and Team work and Management in the hospital and providing best Patient care and service in the Hospital.
Pros
Cheap Lunches, Friendly Staff
Cons
Na
Intense place to work
Staff (Former Employee) –  Spire Nottingham16 June 2018
Spire Nottingham:
The staff are good. The Senior Management is poor. This seem to stem from lack people skill and senior managers being promoted too quickly up the ranks. Some steps have been missed. This is causing a culture of fear and uncertainty amongst staff. High staff turnover rate. HR is very busy.
Pros
Free parking. Has the potential to be a better place to work
Cons
Very poor senior management team.
Nice place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Little Aston, Staffordshire13 June 2018
Very nice place to work.
The most enjoyable part to the job is how friendly all the staff are, which makes the job easier.
Feel fully supported by the senior management.
Not a good place!
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading6 June 2018
Not a good employer, most vacancies that arise in the building go straight to someone’s friend or a fake vacancy would be advertised just to tick boxes. During my time here, I heard many stories of biased managers and promotions. The place is very “who you know”
Bully managers ask staff to post positive reviews!!
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire17 May 2018
This place is really bad to work at. I so want to leave if I get my new job ofer.

The top management have no clue. The place is led by bullies who are just concerned about always trying looking good. Junior staff have been asked to put on the recent positive reviews below but people are uncomfortable. Some days can be nice until things go wrong!
Pros
My team mates.
Cons
Bullying culture
Not worked here for a year
Admin (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol11 May 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Spire.

I worked in a stand alone role so there was no advancement for me

There is now a new Director in place so I am not sure about any culture change
Caring is certainly not their passion!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh9 May 2018
The management at hospital level is awful. Complete bullies who do not care about their staff. If I could give any advise it would be to avoid working for Spire. The management are out their depth and it has a completely negative effect on the staff and over all moral.
Cons
Totally undervalued
Low moral due to incompetant management
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire29 April 2018
As an employee at spire i thought i had the job role i wanted. But since then our role has changed many times, and are still no clearer in what we are supposed to be doing. I alway's thought that our patients were our no1 priority but this is just not the case. They have sapped all of the enthusiasm out of staff, and morale has never been so low. There are some amazing staff here but now they are all leaving its such a shame. This is all due to incompetant management no other reason. Its so sad. Shame on management for getting admin staff to write positive reviews, yet again more bullying tactics.
Pros
Hours/pay
Cons
Bad management attitudes
Poor management
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire30 March 2018
I worked at Spire in Hull. It was truly awful. There is a bullying culture that is ignored by management. The computer systems don’t function properly and when issues are reported they are ignored. You are given an unmanageable workload with little or no support. The hospital needs a complete over haul staff wise including bringing in managers who know what they are doing and who care. Do not work here - you will v quickly become unhappy and disillusioned.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Every thing else
Complaint
Ward Sister (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire23 March 2018
I longed to work for a private hospital, giving the best care and high standards to patients. After a few years I learnt no one values you or cares, I was promoted to ward sister but my wages did not reflect this. When leaving the management made my life very difficult and no exit interview was complete. Working with consultants who actually cared is the only benefit of private care
Amazing opportunity!
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire22 March 2018
I have worked at Spire Nottingham since it first opened and have loved every minute of it.

The staff and management are amazing and the opportunities are endless. There is lots of training & progression for staff.

You are able to give first class care to patients by working with skilled professionals in brand new facilities.

I would definitely recommend working at Spire Nottingham.
Pros
Free Parking, Coffee Shop, Lots of opportunities, Medical Insurance, Brand new hospital, Supportive management.
Challenging and kind.
PA to HR Director and Reception (Former Employee) –  London, PA20 March 2018
Upon my short temp position, I was given ample responsibility and made to feel welcome from start to end.

A very corporate infused atmosphere with generally nice people to work with.
Vile place to work
Admin (Former Employee) –  Regency9 March 2018
Bullying managers, constant lying to staff. High turnover and bad pay for the amount of responsibility. Staff aren’t looked after and treated like dirt . Would never work at spire again.
Pros
Cons
Too many too list
Great opportunity! A great place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nottingham9 March 2018
I’ve worked for Spire for just under a year and have loved my experience! I’ve made some friends for life and have learnt more than I could have imagined. The staff are what makes this hospital, and I would happily recommend working here to anyone with a can-do attitude and are looking for a new challenge.
Pros
Well looked after!
Great work atmosphere and prospects
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire7 March 2018
I have been at the hospital since it first opened and I can honestly say I really enjoy working here.
Every team member is friendly and approachable and there is a sense of family between the staff, there is always somebody to ask for help who is more than willing.

Benefits scheme is amazing and they are constantly reviewing it!

Spire are very good at encouraging staff to grown with the company, by offering a lot of onsite and offsite training.
Pros
Free Parking, Easy to get to, Coffee Shop, Benefit scheme, Medical insurance, Strong team leaders, training prospects, good social events, positive staff, Lots of career building opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spire Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8