Spire Healthcare Employee Reviews

Poor management
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire30 March 2018
I worked at Spire in Hull. It was truly awful. There is a bullying culture that is ignored by management. The computer systems don’t function properly and when issues are reported they are ignored. You are given an unmanageable workload with little or no support. The hospital needs a complete over haul staff wise including bringing in managers who know what they are doing and who care. Do not work here - you will v quickly become unhappy and disillusioned.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Every thing else
Amazing opportunity!
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire22 March 2018
I have worked at Spire Nottingham since it first opened and have loved every minute of it.

The staff and management are amazing and the opportunities are endless. There is lots of training & progression for staff.

You are able to give first class care to patients by working with skilled professionals in brand new facilities.

I would definitely recommend working at Spire Nottingham.
Pros
Free Parking, Coffee Shop, Lots of opportunities, Medical Insurance, Brand new hospital, Supportive management.
Challenging and kind.
PA to HR Director and Reception (Former Employee) –  London, PA20 March 2018
Upon my short temp position, I was given ample responsibility and made to feel welcome from start to end.

A very corporate infused atmosphere with generally nice people to work with.
Vile place to work
Admin (Former Employee) –  Regency9 March 2018
Bullying managers, constant lying to staff. High turnover and bad pay for the amount of responsibility. Staff aren’t looked after and treated like dirt . Would never work at spire again.
Pros
Cons
Too many too list
Great opportunity! A great place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nottingham9 March 2018
I’ve worked for Spire for just under a year and have loved my experience! I’ve made some friends for life and have learnt more than I could have imagined. The staff are what makes this hospital, and I would happily recommend working here to anyone with a can-do attitude and are looking for a new challenge.
Pros
Well looked after!
Great work atmosphere and prospects
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire7 March 2018
I have been at the hospital since it first opened and I can honestly say I really enjoy working here.
Every team member is friendly and approachable and there is a sense of family between the staff, there is always somebody to ask for help who is more than willing.

Benefits scheme is amazing and they are constantly reviewing it!

Spire are very good at encouraging staff to grown with the company, by offering a lot of onsite and offsite training.
Pros
Free Parking, Easy to get to, Coffee Shop, Benefit scheme, Medical insurance, Strong team leaders, training prospects, good social events, positive staff, Lots of career building opportunities
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Spire Nottingham7 March 2018
Lovely, brand new, state of the art hospital situated in a village location. Friendly, helpful staff and a nice warm atmosphere which you feel as soon as you walk into the building. Every day is different and can be very busy, but also very rewarding. Management welcome new ideas and drive success within teams which is refreshing. Also lots of encouragement to reach your own personal goals. Great social calendar throughout the year too!
Pros
Great staff canteen, excellent benefits, ample car parking, good salary
Excellent place to work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire6 March 2018
Having spent many years in the NHS I moved to Spire for a new challenge. I have NEVER regretted it! It is a great place to work with an excellent team based approach. There are obviously some areas to work on, it isn't perfect but I would let any family member be treated here and be confident they were receiving the best care. People often think the grass isn't always greener but in this scenario it quite literally is...we have beautiful surroundings, hassle free parking and lots of celebration days throughout the year. There is also a recognition of good practice scheme, salary review and bonus. Development is supported and career progression encouraged.
Pros
Parking, lovely team and great teamwork approach
Cons
Variable shift pattern- but much more consistent than NHS
Interesting plce to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Essex5 March 2018
I would have to clean patient rooms to a very high standard before admission and during their stay. I enjoyed this work although as housekeepers we felt that we were not very important by some members of staff whilst others thought we were probably one of the most important. It was hard when patients came in for treatment or procedures when you knew they were very poorly especially if it was someone who you knew. It was nice when we as housekeepers got some recognition fro doing an excellent job.
Pros
Free healthcare for full timers and on hand doctors if you had a problem.
Cons
Very little pay for the work.
Interesting
Non-Clinical Staff Member (Former Employee) –  UK1 March 2018
Two tier system where clinical staff and equipment rightly prioritised in terms of training and investment.

Non clinical staff poorly paid and using systems 10 years out of date.
Pros
Interesting, intelligent environment
Cons
Limited training and opportunities for non-clinical staff
Avoid This Place!!!
Staff (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire19 February 2018
All the good people have left this place months ago! It was so much better 12 months ago.

The senior managers that are left are bullies and only care about themselves and seem to just want to get rid of all the good staff one after another?

Not a caring employer!
Pros
Nice new hospital
Cons
Leadership
Do not work here!!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nottingham14 February 2018
If you have any self respect as a RGN and want to keep your registration, plus don’t enjoy the datex culture of reporting your work colleges for the most trivial Rubbish then don’t work here.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Everything else
bank staff
Bank Health Play Specialst (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire5 February 2018
I work as bank staff, good friendly place.

I work supporting children and young people for hospital procedures and operations. This can be challenging when the patients are apprehensive but can't explain why.
Nice clean environment. Bad management. Bullying should be stamped out.
Clinical (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire4 February 2018
I had a very bad experience working at Spire. Unprofessional bully type managers. I gave up a well paid job for the promise of an amazing job at Spire. This was meant to be my dream job but I had to leave as the lead nurse enjoyed gaining power by being a bully. I could not work with a person like that. Some of the staff are amazing and carry the managers. The salary was good but no amount of money can justify working with unprofessional bullies.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Bully Style mangement.
Excellent place to work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire1 February 2018
Pros
Parking, wage, people
Cons
Variable caseload, high demand environment
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Spire Leeds Hospital31 January 2018
I have worked at Spire Leeds for over 20 years. The fact that I have worked there for so long is proof in itself that I think it is a great place to work. It has a real family feel to it. All members of staff are really friendly and helpful. I have also been a patient at the hospital several times and the care provided by the staff and doctors was exceptional. There are a lot of perks to working at Spire - the hospital is set in lovely grounds and we can often see foxes and squirrels in the gardens. The car park is free and the food in the staff restaurant is subsidised. There is also an annual Christmas ball for staff which is good fun.
Pros
Free parking, friendly staff, kind managers, nice atmosphere
A new challange
Consultant Appointment Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bushey30 January 2018
Having recently relocated to the UK, I came across this job opportunity which presented itself as a great challenge. Honestly having to start somewhere but also using it as an opportunity to get into something new I took the job. I found myself in a nice group of people, doing something totally new, interesting, challenging and interesting. I've learned lots of new things about medicine, healthcare etc but my love for audio production still remains.
Pros
Nice place to work, great collective
Cons
Late shifts :(
13 happy years with this great team
Team Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Elland, West Yorkshire17 January 2018
I worked at the Elland Hospital for 13 years and enjoyed working there throughout loads of changes. It is busy but the team has time to care which is something the NHS is unable to guarantee as the pressures there are so great.
Everyone there wants to do a great job for the patients and I know it sounds twee, but there is a real family feel to the place with people looking after each other through difficult personal issues.
The hospital is clean, well looked after and best of all, it is small enough that you get to know everyone and everything that is going on really quickly.
Pros
Time and support to do a good job, great food and free parking
Cons
I put on weight!
Engaging
Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Southampton12 January 2018
Would recommend Spire as a company very supportive, happy to implement change and work with you. Good career prospects, Many sites and job opportunity. Supportive of career advancement and training. Does demand your full attention, a flexible attitude is a must.
Pros
Supportive of career advancement
Cons
Demands flexibility
great team
Second Chef (Former Employee) –  Southend-On-Sea4 January 2018
i really enjoyed working within this company and with the kitchen team. I would have stayed working there if it wasn't for the fact that I relocated. Great bunch of guys.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spire Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8