Spirax Sarco Employee Reviews

Lovely company to work for among lovely people
Group Legal PA & Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham8 August 2018
Beautiful office and surroundings, everyone one was so friendly and helpful. Very well looked after staff. Loved my time here. A wonderful work experience and worth the commute.
Week experience
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire3 August 2018
I spent 1 week here during work experience. I worked with a small team which showed me and enlightened me to all aspects of the business. Everyday differed which made the work enjoyable. Working environment was positive and friendly.
Pros
canteen
Cons
office layout
Great colleagues but management unsupportive
Commercial Documentation Executive (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham17 January 2018
Good company to work for with great benefits, office equipment, lovely canteen. Poor work/life balance and no support from management. Full of amazing people
Summary
Financial Controller (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire6 December 2017
Spirax is an excellent place to work where people tend to stay for the duration of their career. The downsides to this are limited scope for advancement as those above tend to be very comfortable in their roles.
Pros
Job security and work life balance
Cons
Limited scope for advancement
Good business
Group Product Management Executive (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham7 November 2017
A great business to work for in Cheltenham with a lovely bunch of people.

Salary is not all that although is typically subsidised by other benefits. Something of an old fashioned Engineering Buisness
Productive and fun workplace
Production/Materials Planner (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham13 June 2017
I worked for this company for over 15 years, progressing through the business doing various roles.
I learned a great deal from using a bespoke computer systems to understanding some technical engineering.
The management were extremely supportive in alll roles, helping me to progress and understanding any issues and needs that I had.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the great friends that I made whilst working there.
Pros
Loved my job
Cons
Occassional company constraints
Temporary Contract
Contracts Facilities Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham17 May 2016
Having been a temp for 8 months I have enjoyed working with Spirax Sarco but need to progress to a permanent position.

Enjoy the variety of the job and the opportunity to do something new other than Financial Services. Great facilities and colleagues with a worldwide reputation in the products they provide. Very interesting working over both head office and factory sites,
Pros
Very good environment
Cons
Culture can be old fashioned in time implement change
Mixture of field customer demands and in-house planning
Value Stream Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, UK4 January 2016
Management rarely available to assist in strategic planning. Co-workers mostly available and very knowledgeable with a distinct lack of communication between sales and factory activities.
Good progress was made between strengthening the working bond between Sales & Service whereby customers were appreciating the joint approach.
Customer Care & Feedback was recognised as a vital part of performance delivery improvement but slow to be driven as a company-wide improvement approach.
The products themselves were top quality and it was always a pleasure to be able to promote, sell and service accordingly.
Pros
Great work place, good package, great co-workers
Cons
Poor support by senior management, complacency
A Company that understands and supports employee advancement
Personal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham25 November 2015
Great experience and support from Management and colleagues. Advancement a reward for dedication. Will miss the people element.
Great products, benefits but management culture very intraverted.
Value Stream Service Manager UK/ROI (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, ENG21 October 2015
A great work-life ethos is apparent with excellent resources in the field and in-house. My role was new and under developed with little opportunity to grow outside of pre-set high level leadership approval.
The products are world leading but complacency and the corporate drive to increase profits is damaging the overall value Spirax can offer customers.
Pros
Good salary, decent benefits, smart products
Cons
overpowering leadership team
Fast-paced workplace
Export Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, ENG30 September 2014
A typical day at work involved a lot of moving around the shop-floor and organising which stock needed to be where at what time.
I learned about database systems and time management.
Management were friendly but uninvolved in day-to-day activities.
Co-workers were friendly but largely unmotivated.
Senior Calibration Enginee (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham27 June 2013
Fast-paced, productive, FTSE 250 Company with over 850 employees and a presence in 96 countries.
Productive and one of a best place I worked for
Inspector- Special Measurement (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham14 July 2012
A busy day doing first of inspection and when required some programming on Mitutoyo CMM. I did further my knowledge on CMM.
I made new friends secialy in the quality team and on a shop floor.
I supposed the hardest part wasn't the job itself but the comuting, specialy in the winter month.
Nice company to work for.
Pros
clean environment
Cons
over stretched resourses
Swietna atmosfera ,b dobre zarobki
MAGAZYNIER (Current Employee) –  CHELTENHAM UK22 June 2012
Zetelna firma z zasadami
Wymagana znajomosc jezyka angielskiego
Polecam wszystkim kto ma ochote na wyjazd do angli
Pros
brak
Cons
brak