Spirax Sarco

Spirax Sarco Employee Reviews

United Kingdom25 reviews
Old Fashioned and Boring
The business is, most fortunately a very profitable one. Cash wealth seems to have covered up for poor senior management for a significant time. Culture in the business - some of the correct modern things are in the business but not all. Those that are in are more "lip service" rather than actually built in to the natural culture.
The business has a mix of old long term employees and newer ones. the longer service employees are rapidly disappearing for a variety of reasons. With them goes lots of experience and information that is not documented properly - so it will be lost. A couple of really good managers are trying their best to save it, but not enough support from above.
Company seems very good, local management poor
I a unlucky to work in a area where the management (not Leadership) is very junior and inexperienced...micro management, poor judgement, disrespectful and more
Great team
Great team with plenty of dedication and aspirations to achieve any big challenges. Good management with clear directions most of the time. Superb location offcies.
Fast paced
Refer to CV. Spirax Sarco is a good employer although there is always room to improve in terms of training of employees and job opportunities internally
Excellent company to work for
During my time at Spirax Sarco I really enjoyed working here. Excellent company with brilliant benefits, they’re very welcoming and offer training and extra courses to those who are interested. They invest in their people and staff, and it shows.
Productive and good
Spirax Sarco is a good place to work, good benefits and perks. I found the environment to be very relaxed and health and safety conscious. The team is very friendly.
Worst place i have worked if your face fits you are ok
Lots of bullying by management not being addressed from day one I knew this was not a good place to work some nice people there but they seem to be want more and more
Pros
Good pension
Cons
Too much bullying
Good place to be
A typical day involves configuration of Autodesk Fusion Lifecycle that we use as our PLM system.

There is considerable collaboration inside my team and with PLM stakeholders in the business.
Stressful Hitler Regime
Honestly. the guys are Spirax are mainly ok. It's the few leaders that truly let the place down, they act like they own their staff. They conform to rules and do not have any leniency like any decent human being would. Never work there unless you are a robot.
Rubbish
Work there if you don't mind being stich up. by people who say they got your back. Manger don't listen to the employees. Think they know what they are doing but can't even use a spanner.
great company
It's been fantastic experience working for Spirax for many years due to all benefits that company provides. It's busy working environment, well organised to highest level of prodactivity and efectivness.
Lovely company to work for among lovely people
Beautiful office and surroundings, everyone one was so friendly and helpful. Very well looked after staff. Loved my time here. A wonderful work experience and worth the commute.
Week experience
I spent 1 week here during work experience. I worked with a small team which showed me and enlightened me to all aspects of the business. Everyday differed which made the work enjoyable. Working environment was positive and friendly.
Pros
canteen
Cons
office layout
Great colleagues but management unsupportive
Good company to work for with great benefits, office equipment, lovely canteen. Poor work/life balance and no support from management. Full of amazing people
Summary
Spirax is an excellent place to work where people tend to stay for the duration of their career. The downsides to this are limited scope for advancement as those above tend to be very comfortable in their roles.
Pros
Job security and work life balance
Cons
Limited scope for advancement
Good business
A great business to work for in Cheltenham with a lovely bunch of people.

Salary is not all that although is typically subsidised by other benefits. Something of an old fashioned Engineering Buisness
Productive and fun workplace
I worked for this company for over 15 years, progressing through the business doing various roles.
I learned a great deal from using a bespoke computer systems to understanding some technical engineering.

The management were extremely supportive in alll roles, helping me to progress and understanding any issues and needs that I had.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the great friends that I made whilst working there.
Pros
Loved my job
Cons
Occassional company constraints
Temporary Contract
Having been a temp for 8 months I have enjoyed working with Spirax Sarco but need to progress to a permanent position.

Enjoy the variety of the job and the opportunity to do something new other than Financial Services. Great facilities and colleagues with a worldwide reputation in the products they provide. Very interesting working over both head office and factory sites,
Pros
Very good environment
Cons
Culture can be old fashioned in time implement change
Mixture of field customer demands and in-house planning
Management rarely available to assist in strategic planning. Co-workers mostly available and very knowledgeable with a distinct lack of communication between sales and factory activities.
Good progress was made between strengthening the working bond between Sales & Service whereby customers were appreciating the joint approach.

Customer Care & Feedback was recognised as a vital part of performance delivery improvement but slow to be driven as a company-wide improvement approach.

The products themselves were top quality and it was always a pleasure to be able to promote, sell and service accordingly.
Pros
Great work place, good package, great co-workers
Cons
Poor support by senior management, complacency
A Company that understands and supports employee advancement
Great experience and support from Management and colleagues. Advancement a reward for dedication. Will miss the people element.
Great products, benefits but management culture very intraverted.
A great work-life ethos is apparent with excellent resources in the field and in-house. My role was new and under developed with little opportunity to grow outside of pre-set high level leadership approval.
The products are world leading but complacency and the corporate drive to increase profits is damaging the overall value Spirax can offer customers.
Pros
Good salary, decent benefits, smart products
Cons
overpowering leadership team
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spirax Sarco. Our community is ready to answer.
Spirax Sarco Reviews by Location