Spinal Homecare
Spinal Homecare Employee Review

Care and compassion and teaching

29 March 2018
Spinal home care deserve to be recognised as an amazing and supportive and hard working agency. For all of us carers.

They are always committed to finding us work and on a daily basis are on hand to support you, and always polite and generally nice people.

Thank you Spinal Homecare for the amazing opportunities and career you have given me. Jus
Pros
Support and constant work
Cons
N/a
5 July 2018
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) - London, Greater London
Spinal provided me with excellent training however when I found myself in difficult situations with clients I was told it was my fault. I had been working ridiculous hours which wasn’t normal, I was told when I was exhausted and felt like I was going to make a mistake that we signed up for the working time directive. Pay / ok, could be better for the time and effort we put into the clients. Use your own transport, they will find the cheapest and most inconvenient train ticket for you. Joke.
Pros
2 weeks on/2 weeks off Training
Cons
Dog hours. Communication. Breaks
Official response from Spinal Homecare
16 July 2018
I’m sorry to read you’ve had a bad experience. Please do contact Head Office / your manager to raise a complaint, enabling us to investigate the issues mentioned.
Feel free to email me direct at glyn@spinalhomecare.co.uk and I will forward it on to the appropriate person.

I look forward to your email

Kind regards,

Glyn Rose

UK Recruitment Manager

Spinal Homecare Services
28 March 2018
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) - London
I have been with Spinal for a short period. Coming with no experience, they provide training and continued support. The management are friendly and understand the needs of their clients and their employees. The whole process of recruitment was simple and informative.
Pros
Flexible work
28 March 2018
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) - London and Brighton so far
I have been working for Spinal Home Care for six weeks and have found the office staff to be really reasonable, supportive and friendly people - I can't emphasise this enough. It has been a really pleasant surprise.

They also work effectively and efficiently and I have had no problems with getting any admin stuff done like booking train tickets, wages, expenses etc. They have been very professional and organised.

I think most of the office staff have actually worked as carers and this makes a big difference. They understand your situation in a very practical way and realistic way and have realistic expectations. They are very supportive and always available to speak to.

I have explored othet care agencies and I feel that SHC is the best I have seen so far. They provide a food allowance on top of the wage, they pay travel expenses which they arrange, their training and accommodation for the training is free, they also paid the travel expenses for the training - other agencies I have seen don't do this.

They don't put any pressure on you to work with clients you might not get on with. They call you during your placement to see if you are ok.

I found the recruitment process to be very smooth and easy, it was not laborious or complicated. It was straight forward and painless.

I feel like I am in good hands with people who are skilled at what they do understanding the emotional difficulties clients and carers might face.

I am delighted to be working here and can honestly say that so far it is one of the best companies I have worked for.

What a relief
 - more...
Pros
Supportive, experienced, professional office staff, interesting clients, food allowance, travel expenses paid
Cons
Can't think of any