Spicerhaart

Spicerhaart Employee Reviews

United Kingdom64 reviews
a typical day at work. ? 8 till 6.
Asked to do too many hours, so when you are off you’re shattered and poor basic pay and petrol expenses. 6 day weeks are a killer. Very poor computer systems that slow you down, whilst your competitors are far quicker as they are not bogged down with bureaucracy. Company have lost many strong employees
Over worked and underpaid
Initially I enjoyed working for this company however I feel one of the main problems was the regional partner who would consistently make you feel like you’re not very good at your job despite all the hard work you have put in.
She was very good at criticising you and telling you what you had done wrong but wouldn’t give you any constructive criticism or any extra coaching to show you how it should be done.

You would be made to feel like you should be grateful for being paid less than minimum wage as your basic salary for working 50 hours plus a week. I found the visits from the regional partner pointless as she would spend the day gossiping about other people in the region who she didn’t like.

I felt very unappreciated and treated was like a child because you were constantly monitored. There was not much opportunity for career progression. Myself and my other colleagues were held back from progression by the regional partner. I was told I’m not hitting my unrealistic targets consistently so I won’t get a promotion but I wasn’t offered any help to try and improve this, I think the only way of getting a promotion here is if you were her favourite.

It’s a shame because I did like the people who I worked with but because I wanted to have a life outside of work as well and this is just not possible with this job. I wouldn’t mind putting in all of this hard work if it was actually appreciated and reflected in my pay but sadly it was not.

I would strongly advise to stay away from working at this company or at least in the Warwickshire region.
Dont work here
Worst place I've ever worked, no support just always telling people they're not doing enough even when you achieve your target that day. Always threaten your job and the manager only speaks to her favourites the rest get ignored
Pros
Pay is okay
Cons
Boring, horrible people, cliques all over
Slave labour hours
47 hour working week with managers making money off the hard work of sales negotiators. Minimum wage basics for such a long working week. No time for yourself or family
Pressurised and Unprofessional
A typical day at work starts at 08:00 setting up for the morning meeting at 08:30am where you discuss the previous days events and the days appointments.

The most enjoyable part of the job is your family (office team) and spending time getting through the weeks with them.

The hardest part of the job is staying motivated throughout the continuous admin tasks, conference calls, demoralising emails, high budgets/kpis. There have been occasions where managers have been forced to cancel their annual leave to staff shortages and the high turnover of staff within the business.
Worst job ever
Management here are nothing but rubbish apart from one. There was no support what so ever.. no one has job security. Everyone’s probations get extended. Pretty much half of the staff want to leave. They have a high turn over. Don’t apply here
And don’t even think about asking for help, you will get shouted at...

worst job I have ever had!
Spicer-no-haart
They just make you work like robots and you can't have your own opinion about anything. Even when all work was completed you had to sit in total silence and it was the most soul destroying company I worked for.
Felt unsupported as soon as I needed help
I felt this job was great until you required help from
The management team, though I was open about my issues I found them to be lacking in care of staff or support, I heard negative things regarding staff off sick which lead me to believe that my job was not safe.

I found their sickness guidelines ridiculous and completely unobtainable.
Great Company to work for
I thoroughly enjoy my role as a Talent Specialist for Just Mortgages. Everyone I speak to is so passionate and enthusiastic about Just Mortgages. The Divisional Sales Directors and The Financial Sales Directors are very supportive and provides me with lots of recognition.

I have never had a bad experience with the hiring managers, they are all such great supporters in everything I do.
Pros
Flexible, good working environment, open door policy
You get what you put in
The culture of the company is very much family orientated, it's replicated throughout every member of staff I've worked with.
You're always made to feel welcome and everyone is generally friendly and willing to help.

I like that Spicerhaart are investing in their staff and working on focusing on providing 5 star customer service, always.
Pros
Flexible working, friendly team members, supportive managers + incentives
Cons
Salary/pay packages could be reviewed to be more location specific/relevant
Trainee mortgage advisor
Not a great experience as was told to unlearn everything I was taught in my 3 weeks of training once I started meeting clients.

Criticised for using the same selling tactics the company teach on their own course !! No continuity within the company.

Manager reluctant to help with simple queries considering this is a trainee role and Micromanagement from day one . Unwilling to support requests for more training .

Such a shame as I only believe this is happening in the London area !

Based in an estate agent where the leads should be coming from but instead was advised to hand out business cards to shop keepers on the high street . Poor
Pros
Great training team
Cons
Managers in place with poor people skills
Modern day slave labour. Worst company ive ever worked for in 25 years
They fire you or move you when you start to build your commission pipeline so that they dont have to pay out.
Most staff are young 20's and have no property experience.

Good people are not rewarded.

Haart is purely a shop window to drive cross sales of legals and mortgages.

Founder has stripped all of the equity out of the business.

Stay well away. You will be spat out when it suits them. You will work like a dog for next to nothing.
Pros
None!
Cons
Many!
good, but no for everyone
good but not for everyone
if you have been here a while you will be OK but new people will always come and go as there are to many bum chums in this office
Pros
free car
Cons
bum chums in the office
Awful
Start of my job role was absolutely fine until the end, management are horrendous and will do anything to save their own backs including lying about you. They expect you to do more work then in your contract and refuse to pay you more for it.
Your co workers however are great but there is a lot of gossiping about people which management thinks it’s fine to do also.

They put a lot of stress on you, they only care about making money and that’s it.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Stay well away from this company!
Independent?! What a joke!!! CORPORATE CORPORATE CORPORATE!!!! Absolute disgrace of a company! They talk about family values..... what a joke! Senior Management are rude and talk to you like you are dirt on their shoe! They make you feel worthless and not good at your job! Staff turnover is MASSIVE.... wonder why??? My advice stay well clear of this company!!
Pros
Leaving
Cold and Callous
Poorly managed by people who fell into their roles through either family, luck or being over-friendly with management. Poor grasp of how to look after their people or train them.
Pros
Cons
blame culture
Awful
Terrible company to work for. They expect a lot but give very little. Long hours for pay below min wage. I found the managers especially the regional manager very disrespectful to staff. Very high turnover of staff which isn't surprising given how many are treated. Experienced, long standing employees seem to be leaving in their droves. It's a case of...if your face fits. The service is extremely poor and you don't get much for your money. I worked there and sold my house with another agent they were that bad. I was embarrassed to work there in the end!
Cons
Long hours and very bad management
Family Focused
Excellent company to work for a number of different reasons. A real focus on quality training and development which is then translated into a structured career path and career progression. An overt family focus helps create a dynamic workplace culture with excellent support from all management levels. A job which rewards excellence, whilst leaving the negative connotations of a sales role at the front door.
Pros
Career Progression, Management Team, Salary, Team Enviroment
Life Changing
I felt like nobody would give me a chance as a young person just looking to prove my worth until a lovely lady from my local branch called me for a telephone interview. At no point in the process did I think that I wasn't good enough to work there and I actually felt as though the individuals were as excited to work with me as I was to get started with them!

From there I can only imagine have many thousands the company have invested in training and developing me to the highest standards in the field amongst our competitors, giving me all I need to be the best I can be!

The training is not just for the newbies either. After 4 promotions in 4 years so far with the company (which is not uncommon here), I am still happy to say I learn something new every day. So I won't be getting bored anytime soon!

I no longer just do a job, I have a career!
Pros
Training & development
Cons
Hard work, but worth it
Family orientated fun place to work
Nothing is more satisfying than finding someone a new home especially when the company you work for is dedicated to providing excellent customer service, each day is different and the job varies from carrying out viewings to speaking with Landlords and everything in between.

The training and development programme is second to none from Trainee Associate to Branch Manager and beyond each part of your career is supported by your manager, senior manager and training and development team, the training is a mixture of in branch coaching, independent study and training courses, you are fully supported every step of the way and it's really great to work for a company that invests in its people this way and offers NALS and ARLA both of which are recognised qualifications within our industry.

In my experience the management here are hands on, supportive, knowledgeable and have also followed the same career path that I have from trainee to where they are today, it's great to see in house promotions demonstrating that haart develop their team, it also shows that if you work hard and put the effort in you can go as far as you want to the sky's the limit.

The workplace culture here is about looking after customers to provide the best customer experience possible and looking after each other so that you have the perfect environment in which to excel.
Pros
Training, company culture, promotion opportunities and fun workplace
Great oppurtunities
Starting at haart was a massive step for me! Having no experience, I was worried about being turned down like previous experiences elsewhere. From the beginning I was welcomed to a supportive team wanting the best for me and my future. The training is second to none with support every step of the way. The management is exceptional, without a supportive team to back me up I wouldn't be as confident in my role as I am today. The opportunities here are endless, with continuous incentives and fantastic promotions you find yourself working up the ladder quickly with a helping hand every step of the way. I highly recommended haart to anyone with an ambitious mind looking to do well for themselves, this is the place for you.
Pros
Incentives