Spicerhaart Employee Reviews

Awful
Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex11 November 2018
Start of my job role was absolutely fine until the end, management are horrendous and will do anything to save their own backs including lying about you. They expect you to do more work then in your contract and refuse to pay you more for it.
Your co workers however are great but there is a lot of gossiping about people which management thinks it’s fine to do also.
They put a lot of stress on you, they only care about making money and that’s it.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Stay well away from this company!
Lettings (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom31 October 2018
Independent?! What a joke!!! CORPORATE CORPORATE CORPORATE!!!! Absolute disgrace of a company! They talk about family values..... what a joke! Senior Management are rude and talk to you like you are dirt on their shoe! They make you feel worthless and not good at your job! Staff turnover is MASSIVE.... wonder why??? My advice stay well clear of this company!!
Pros
Leaving
Awful
Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff14 July 2018
Terrible company to work for. They expect a lot but give very little. Long hours for pay below min wage. I found the managers especially the regional manager very disrespectful to staff. Very high turnover of staff which isn't surprising given how many are treated. Experienced, long standing employees seem to be leaving in their droves. It's a case of...if your face fits. The service is extremely poor and you don't get much for your money. I worked there and sold my house with another agent they were that bad. I was embarrassed to work there in the end!
Cons
Long hours and very bad management
Family Focused
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London28 June 2018
Excellent company to work for a number of different reasons. A real focus on quality training and development which is then translated into a structured career path and career progression. An overt family focus helps create a dynamic workplace culture with excellent support from all management levels. A job which rewards excellence, whilst leaving the negative connotations of a sales role at the front door.
Pros
Career Progression, Management Team, Salary, Team Enviroment
Great oppurtunities
Lettings Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent27 June 2018
Starting at haart was a massive step for me! Having no experience, I was worried about being turned down like previous experiences elsewhere. From the beginning I was welcomed to a supportive team wanting the best for me and my future. The training is second to none with support every step of the way. The management is exceptional, without a supportive team to back me up I wouldn't be as confident in my role as I am today. The opportunities here are endless, with continuous incentives and fantastic promotions you find yourself working up the ladder quickly with a helping hand every step of the way. I highly recommended haart to anyone with an ambitious mind looking to do well for themselves, this is the place for you.
Pros
Incentives
Staff/candidates are not important
HR (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex1 June 2018
25% staff turnover speaks volumes. You struggle; you're on your own. Great company ethos.
I was hired, but no contact/starter paperwork was sent to me. When I chased, the manager refused to reply. Unprofessional + really odd.
Administrator
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Essex29 May 2018
I tried this job for something different and although the job itself was ok it wasn't for me. I had a large workload supporting estate agent branches doing their admin work from the head office and dealing with customers and vendors via email and telephone.
Genuinely care about their people
Area Director (Current Employee) –  South West London, Greater London16 May 2018
Great company, that always put their people first. Training is sensational, support is second to none and progression is transparent and achievable.

You will earn what you deserve as the structure rewards those that work hard.

Fantastic culture and I have never felt more at home at work.

Having worked for a few companies, this is by far, the best.
Pros
remuneration, progression, training
Cons
Genuinely? None!
Fun workplace, Great incentives, Great career prospects, All about the customer
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Kent3 May 2018
Nothing is more satisfying than finding someone a new home, especially when the company you work for is dedicated to providing excellent customer service, each day is different from carrying out viewings to speaking with Landlords, The training and development programme is second to none, from Trainee Associate to Branch Manager each part of your career is supported by your manager, senior manager and training and development team with in branch coaching sessions, independent study, and training courses you are fully supported every step of the way, its really great to work for a company that invests in its people this way and also offers NALS and ARLA training both of which are recognised qualifications within our industry.

In my experience the management here are hands on, supportive and have also followed the same career path that we are on so are on hand to offer practical advice.

The workplace culture is about looking after customers to provide the best customer experience possible and also looking after each other to provide the perfect environment to excel in.

The hardest part of the job? I guess it depends on the individual and the day but I genuinely can't think of one, I love what I do and who I do it for, haart is a family run business that is fun and exhilarating to work with, it cares about the customer and has personally given me a great career.

The most enjoyable part of the job is making people happy.
Pros
Training and Development Programme, Incentives, Career progression
Absolutely awful.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex6 April 2018
Absolutely awful place to work. They will make you feel so at home at the start, then when you’re settled they completely change. Over worked, having to work bank holidays with 0 lunch breaks or small breaks, was paid unfairly for the first 10 months of being there, unsympathetic and a company that will make you dread waking up of a morning. Do not fall for their false advertisement, it’s probably one of the worst companies to work for - you will be a slave!
Pros
Can’t think of one
Cons
Virtually everything
Productive and at times stressful but very satisfying and the financial rewards were very worthwhile.
Senior Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Colchester6 January 2018
Typical day starts with morning meeting which sets you up for the day discussing day befores targets/achievements. New targets pledged for today. New properties discussed as well as todays valuations.
Pros
company car
Depressing
Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Bedfordshire18 September 2017
Poor pay 14k basic for a negotiator!!
Bad management
All about figures and don't care about staff or health
Training programme was the best part of the job
Pros
Training
Cons
Long hours poor pay
Busy call center.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex25 August 2017
Lively call center. Good rates of commission but on occasions unrealistic targets set to staff that often required revisions from management. Very good facilities. Friendly co-workers.
Productive and fun workplace
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex5 July 2017
Working at SpicerHaart was enjoyable and productive. The team made me feel like family and I was able to work to my full ability. I have grown as a person due to this experience.
Pros
Very sociable.
Challenging
Property Consultant (Current Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire7 May 2017
The general day within the company comprises of taking property details from contractors when properties are taken into possession, dealing with any possession issues on behalf of the client in a professional and promptly. We work on behalf of the client, and with estate agents to place properties on the market, and getting the best possible sale price in the quickest time.
Prodcutive and Fun work place
Lettings Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Stoke Newington2 May 2017
I had an amazing experience working for Spicerhaart for 2 years. I have learnt so much and worked with some amazing colleagues. I have gained a very wide range of knowledge about the different sectors in the London property market.
Power to achieve, great colleagues
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire1 April 2017
Good company to work for with great career prospects, courses for development. Company vehicle, great expenses covered. Local branches and friendly staff.
Pros
Free lunches from time to time
Cons
Long hours, bank holidays, weekends
Decent
Lettings Negotiator (Current Employee) –  South Croydon, UK12 March 2017
i've have learnt a lot from Spicerhaart, however the hours required are too long you don't get weekends and for the hours and work you put in i personally think you don't get paid enough.
Not looked back since I left
Property Consultant (Former Employee) –  Blackpool28 February 2017
Didn't get treated particularly well, felt like a number and not a person, can be quite clichy there and general mood in the office is negative. Bonuses were given equally which is unfair towards very few people like me who sacrificed my own time doing god knows how many hours overtime to help the account managers hit their targets.
Pros
Hometime
Cons
Working there
Good to work for.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex, UK19 February 2017
Some departments are better than others. Not overly stimulating. Some management are great, others not so much. Pay rises do not come too often.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spicerhaart. Our community is ready to answer.

Spicerhaart Reviews by Location