SPICE VILLAGE Employee Reviews

hardworking job, productive
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Southall5 September 2019
good atmosphere to work in, productive, provides tasty food for different appetites. learned how to communicate with staff and guests, how to serve food, and how to manage time. the hardest part of the job is that i had to work alone in most of the large events, while the most enjoyable part of the job was that i got the chance to be in a society full of traditional cultures.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours for little pay
Good
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Ilford31 July 2019
During my time in this job I was able to gain new experiences and skills which has helped me in get through fast and difficult situations today. Also to be involved in a team required me bonding with new people
Catering staff (Former Employee) –  London9 November 2018
You have to work quickly and smart, it teaches you about how smart you are, what would you do in what position, it is hard but you just have to deal with it,
productive work enviroment
Waiter Milton Keynes (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes4 June 2018
its a busy restaurant and its a fast pace job. My customer service skills has improved a lot and i enjoy working at this job. the most enjoyable part of the job is delivering a customer service which makes the customers leave the restaurant with a smile
Pros
free dinners
Cons
Great place to work friendly staff
Kitchen Porter/Waiter-part time (Former Employee) –  East Kilbride6 April 2018
i have enjoyed my time working happy to work there again no matter a KP or waiter. spice is a great place manager very nice and and all staff are happy to give to hint and tips on how to do stuff
Pros
free dinner
Cons
Yeah it was good and had a great time over thete
Cattery Assistant (Former Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport, Greater London26 September 2017
It was very good working at spice village i had a great time over there and also got to know new things and i also had a good experience of coustomer service.
Time fufilling and worth it
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Ilford, Greater London2 August 2017
There are always customers around, as it is a restaurant. Most of the time it is frequent visitors but every now and then new customers would come in to try it. I was always moving around, whether it was clearing the dishes or answering customer's questions regarding the food and retrieving the drinks they ordered. At the end of the day, it was not unusual to stay another to clean up the front and clear out any uneaten food.
This job taught me a lot of patience, mainly towards people as a whole. It would be unprofessional and simply rude to blow up on a customer but this job taught me to keep a level head even if a customer is refusing to co-operate. The management are a good team, they care for their staff and often check up on them, there were certain blips for example, I slipped at work and my ankle required medical attention however, my manager only seemed to focus on the fact that I wanted to leave early on a busy day. Otherwise, the staff there are similar to that of a family, they look out for each other and are always willing to help.
Pros
free lunches, weekly wage, flexible schedule
Cons
long hours, one break (only to eat), more responsibility than I'm paid for
Good Experience
Restaurant (Former Employee) –  Greater London29 July 2017
Overall have good experience. I'm very happy from this company and I start worked from here. This company tell me how can I do work and make my future beautiful. I start from here. Love Spice village.
its a nice place to work but i dont like the people
Tandoori Chef (Current Employee) –  Southall Broadway5 April 2017
the place i work is nice and delicious food and a very talented head chef but the management is very lazy and relying on others and salary is not being paid on time.
Pros
free food to eat inside only
Cons
long hours but salary not on time
Rewarding!
Manager (Former Employee) –  London17 March 2017
Challenging to not say the least however was a really rewarding job as customers would come back again and again. There was a real sense of team spirit in this workplace something that paid the job abit more enjoyable.
do not like to say anything about it
takeaway service (Current Employee) –  London, ENG5 September 2014
everything are just good. it is just like other restaurant with low rates of salary. i have learned cooking kabab as well as making round shape bread in tandoor. moreover i can do takeaway packing now.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
politics in work, low salary
High quality and busy
Waiter (Current Employee) –  ENG27 July 2014
My job role in Spice Village is to serve food, take customers orders from tables or on the phone, I greet customers politely and sit them down. I also take drink orders and serve drinks. I also help out in the kitchen some times labelling the containers and packing the takeaways.

I'm the only waiter that serves food and I learned the dishes and the techniques in which is the best ways to serve the food. I thought and my manager said that I was one of the quickest learners as I had minor experience in serving food before. I can also do the pricing of the bills and deal with payments either cash or card. This will be my typical work day.

I would say that serving food was the hardest part of the jobs as it is very busy but now its much easier. I have learned a great amount from this job which is practically all from the above details because all of those different jobs roles i had minor experiences with.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the staff and they treat me very kindly and politely and we all get along with each other.
Pros
Free food and drinks, friendly staff and ok wages
Cons
Time schedules
Organised workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Abbey Road, ENG13 July 2014
One of the things I have learnt of how to build confidence and how to serve customers face to face. Generally I have been building up my communication skills electronically and verbally. I have been regularly checking the stocks in the takeaway. So I can improve my organisation skills.
Busy working environment
Job - Waiter (Former Employee) –  London, ENG7 November 2013
I learnt quite a lot whilst I was working at this restaurant; I was primarily appointed as a waiter, and I would successfully greet customers upon their entry to the restaurant, where I would ask, and serve starters to customers. I would then take the orders, and relay them to kitchen staff, whom would prepare the food and send it out for serving. I enjoyed working with my colleagues although they were much older than I was, but it was good to adapt to their pace of work and keep in line with their quality of work. I really enjoyed interacting with customers from all walks of life, and to serve them and ensure they were happy and content with my services and the food was satisfying. It also enabled me to improve my communication skills, whilst talking to many customers a day, but it helped me to become more professional in the way I present myself.
Pros
Free Lunches, Tips
Cons
Long Hours