Play YouTube video button

Speedy Hire PLC Employee Reviews

Featured review
Speedy Hire PLC selected this as a representative review
Current delivery driver Southwark London
Delivery Driver Multi Drop (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 October 2019
This is by far the best company I have worked for they are kind understanding caring helpful good communicators and also loads of training that was more than beneficial

I’m glad I have a job here and would recommend others to follow ..
Left to own initiative
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham11 April 2016
generally all work completed within normal working hours
good customer relationship
reported all work to management via pda
mostly lone working
obtaining parts
most enjoyable-keeping clients happy
Via agy
Van Driver (Current Employee) –  Southampton11 April 2016
Speedy is a good company to work for, unfortunately I was there via an agy, when the government put up the min wage,, so sppedy no longer hires agy staff.
a good supplier to the construction industry
driver 7.5 tonne (Former Employee) –  Hackney21 March 2016
as a hole the staff at the depot were very good in all attributes we all got on very well equipment was to a safe and working condition in all not a bad company to work for
challenging and enjoyable place
Hire Controller (Current Employee) –  Blackpool18 March 2016
No day is ever the same with customers new and old requiring equipment sometimes we'll have what they need sometimes not which then can become a challenge if its something that is not widely popular and dificult to locate.

I have learnt many new skillls ranging from meeting and engaging with customers either delivering to them on sites or them calling on the phone sorting out any issue they might have with equipment,
to maintaining the hire fleet of equipment to a good standard to minimize failures and breakdowns,

All my colleagues either at our local depot and other locations are friendly and helpfull are able to advise on aspects i am unsure about and we often meet up for social occaisions.

Often in my location I am left working alone for long periods of time as my colleagues have to leave the depot wether it be the Manager having a meeting with a customer or another manager and the delivery driver out on calls which can be challenging as I have to manage the phone lines with customer calls as well as look after and manage the customers coming into the shop making sure everyone gets the same proffessional experience and full attention from myself.

the most enjoyable part of my job (apart from hometime) is knowing that with the help from my co-workers and customers i have formed some good friendships as well as knowing that in some way i have helped some people wether it be colleagues and or customers and make there day just that bit better.
fun environment to work in
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Erith1 March 2016
Speedy services is a great place to work and your daily work life is never dull. The manangement could improved but overall okay.
Pros
good enviroment
Cons
hours
Great place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newton-le-Willows24 February 2016
The hours were suitable and my colleagues were fun to work with, I had worked for Speedy for nearly 30 years in total and had a great team of people who helped build the business to what it is today.
Pros
Local to home
Productive and fun workplace
driver (Former Employee) –  croydon18 February 2016
It's a nice, balanced, productive, progressive, hardworking, friendly, enthusiastic, encouraging, loving, brilliant, fantastic, wonderful, expressive and flexible company to work for.
Skills learning expereince
Mechanical Fitter/Electrician (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, ENG28 December 2015
My time with the company improved my knowledge and working practice of various items of plant and machinery, thus expanding my practical skill set.
Easy day
Class 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT10 December 2015
I was a class 2 driver, hours were 0600 to 1500. The job was very easy but it was just the pay that wasnt up to scratch. good lads to work with, had a laugh every day and the banter was on top form.
learned new skills
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Warrington1 November 2015
the best part of this job is learning new skills and the team that I work with. The main thing that could be improved is the salary
Pros
free training
Cons
salary
Good but only due to colleagues
hire controller (Former Employee) –  Haydock - Direct28 October 2015
Worked in very busy department. Was a great place to work with lots of really good honest people. Very busy but most pulled together to make a successful business. Hard work but good bonuses for recognition of effort put in. Then it went all corporate with too many big time Charlies cominG on board which seemed to spoil a happy ship. Now more like a call centre with lots of kids who know little if anything about equipment. More like a WW2 Stalag now .... everything read of a card. Call centre now. Poor management...
Pros
Work colleagues
Cons
Poor management
good teamwork amongst the drivers .
Asset Driver (Former Employee) –  St Albans, ENG3 August 2015
not a bad job but the money and branch management were poor.
very much a them and us system and the management not hionest with the drivers
Pros
no saturdays
Cons
poor pay no overtime paid
Productive and fun
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee) –  Croydon17 July 2015
Great fun and busy
Educational
Resourceful
Nice holidays
Closer to home
Training is provided when needed
Good relationships with customers
Variety of customer accounts
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
No progression opportunities
ok
Hire Control Manager (Current Employee) –  morecambe14 July 2015
it all depends on which depot you was to work at as everyone is diffrent some parts of the job are good and others not so much
Strong training opportunties
Hire Controller (Former Employee) –  ENG15 May 2015
They offer lots of training opportunities however the management do not seem to grasp their business too much focus is put on bulk sales rather than focusing on getting their processes right which puts alot of pressure on you as a staff member. Hours are long too
Excellent for progression
Sales Customer Service Executive (Current Employee) –  Haydock1 May 2015
This job has taught me how to manage a busy and often stressful workload, as well working to deadlines and prioritising urgent requests. A typical day sees me managing the sales process from initial quotation, through to closing the sale and after sales support. This has taught me to take ownership of my work. The team that I work in is very supportive, and the management are always on hand for advice or assistance when required, but they also allow you to make decisions and manage your own day rather than micro managing which makes the day much more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is often the sheer volume of work, but this has taught me to be more organised and to think on my feet.
Pros
Good hours, supportive management
former employee
driver (Former Employee) –  Colchester19 March 2015
Spent 3 weeks at depot before my induction cse,was not allow to drive or load the vans.
Had a week in Leeds being feed corporate bull how good the company was and how valued drivers are,under statement of the year you are a small cog in the speedy empire,benefits or should i say vouchers,no over time paid,expected to do longer hrs if required and no incentive to these extra hrs.
On all a very negative company to work for,profit is there main concern....peace out
Pros
its a job
Cons
messed about, low pay, negitive towards employees
Speedy Hire Ltd
Hire Controller (Current Employee) –  Bristol, ENG17 February 2015
Collating printouts of all equipment off the printers and getting it ready. Allocating it out to the drivers. Telephone + desk work dealing with the drivers/customers.

Invoicing/filing
If short staffed then I would drive the equipment out on site
Pros
Enjoyable and relaxed environment to work in
Cons
Site closed down ;(
Great guys to work with but not too good to work for.
approved electrician (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT9 February 2015
Employed with a big song and dance with a 5 day induction in Leeds all expenses paid. Returned to the workplace to think I was employed somewhere very different from what the induction course had described.
Personal Development
Senior Business Intelligence ETL Developer (Current Employee) –  Newton-le-Willows, ENG21 October 2014
During my employment I have been exposed to various applications which have enabled me to improve my technical knowledge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Speedy Hire PLC. Our community is ready to answer.