Play YouTube video button

Speedy Hire PLC Employee Review

View all Speedy Hire PLC reviews

Bad workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Peterhead, Aberdeenshire10 January 2019
Where do you start here, offered the position of driver fair enough due to the company's policy of doing an induction course never had the chance even though I am a fully qualified class 1 driver. Many company's I have worked for it was a 1 day serious driving test which I never failed with any company the word experience comes into this.

Management is a point you are asked to comment on here a joke comes to mind with me, told at interview by area manager what the salary was only to find out after starting it was lower only reason given to me was no experience in the hire business, transport is transport no matter what way we look at it, I have delivered and collected more hire equipment than I can remember.

Work place culture, other than the current driver I never felt welcome in the depot.

It says further into this review about rating the ceo, it's about time the ceo had a serious look at why staff continue to leave, easy answer sort the so called management on how to treat staff.

Finally the hgv driver at the depot fantastic bloke who I spent time with was very helpful and made me welcome.

Two weeks at the place was enough for me.
Pros
No pros that I could see.
Cons
Lying management, bonus's don't exist even though they are mentioned in job adverts, not made to feel welcome, others fail to help even though they basically stand about doing nothing, poor respect towards staff especially from management.

Other Speedy Hire PLC Employee Reviews

Speedy hire
Driver (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 October 2019
I found my time at speedy hire a waste of my time due to the fact i was never given the chance of a promotion. I found management are racist if your not white they make your daily work life harder and get treated different to your white colleagues. I would never recommend Speedy hire to anybody unless you need a job really badly that would be a last option.
Current delivery driver Southwark London
Delivery Driver Multi Drop (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 October 2019
This is by far the best company I have worked for they are kind understanding caring helpful good communicators and also loads of training that was more than beneficial

I’m glad I have a job here and would recommend others to follow ..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Speedy Hire PLC. Our community is ready to answer.