Play YouTube video button

3.1Job Security & Advancement
Featured review
Speedy Hire PLC selected this as a representative review
Current delivery driver Southwark London
Delivery Driver Multi Drop (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 October 2019
This is by far the best company I have worked for they are kind understanding caring helpful good communicators and also loads of training that was more than beneficial

I’m glad I have a job here and would recommend others to follow ..
Working for speedy
Hgv class 1 &2 hiab driver operated (Former Employee) –  Dartford9 October 2019
Even the manager of the drivers went back on the lorry’s, because of the higher managers hoo no nothing about running the lorry’s and the drivers kept butting in,
I was there a year and I was the twentieth driver to leave,
They treat drivers real bad,
Run away
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Newport23 September 2019
Was employed as a HGV driver, very quickly noticed there were more staff in the office than in the workshop?.
Spent most of my day dropping off plant only to be collecting it the next day as it was faulty, fitters were writing off the plant then management was putting it back on the shelf?????
Official response from Speedy Hire PLC
17 October 2019

Hi, many thanks for taking the time to leave your review. In most of the larger stores at Speedy, there is usually more staff in the offices as opposed to the workshop as the main customer service teams are based in our Superstores such as Newport. - Busy as we are, the large numbers of staff in the offices perhaps isn't a bad thing?

Immediate collections are delivery can be quite common, particularly if customers manage to complete their jobs early, however its unfortunate to say that not every customer treats our equipment properly so collecting and repairing faulty equipment can sometimes feel like a regular occurrence. Once equipment has been repaired, it should go back on the shelf ready to go out again so its available for the next customer.

Again, many thanks for your review; if you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me via careers@speedyservices.com

Best regards,

Great place to work at depot level, but pay isn’t great for responsibilities
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Ringwood20 April 2019
I enjoyed my time at Speedy and I got on well with depot management and other colleagues. Job was great as was different everyday. Just a shame they don’t pay well for Class 2 drivers, and left as was offered job with 2.5 grand payrise. Would have stayed if money was better.
Pros
Good work life balance and job was varied so was interesting
Cons
Poor pay grade for the responsibilities that the class 2 and class 1 drivers had
only work here if your next step down is homeless
HGV Driver class 1 tramper (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire3 November 2018
worked here over the festival period.. .the more you do the more they put on you instead of motorvating the more work shy amongst us..managers are a joke..if you have queries with your wages,put it down to bad experiance as theres no way amends will be made..over all , good job gone bad..managers dont listen, hard workers will allways be put on whilst the more work shy amongst us will be better thought of..only guessing the reason behind this one is theyre spending more time rimming gaffers than doing what there paid to do..wouldnt work for speedy if my life depended on it
Pros
there isnt any
Cons
managers
Ok if you in with the TM , no so if your not
HGV 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  warrington MSC11 January 2018
ok place to work , would be better if pay was upped and drivers werent on differing pay scales for equal qualifications .

worked at better , but also worked for much worse
Pros
easy work on hiabs
Cons
pay aint great, differing pay scales among drivers with same Quals
Easy day
Class 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT10 December 2015
I was a class 2 driver, hours were 0600 to 1500. The job was very easy but it was just the pay that wasnt up to scratch. good lads to work with, had a laugh every day and the banter was on top form.