Play YouTube video button

Speedy Hire PLC Employee Reviews in Haydock

Featured review
Speedy Hire PLC selected this as a representative review
Current delivery driver Southwark London
Delivery Driver Multi Drop (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 October 2019
This is by far the best company I have worked for they are kind understanding caring helpful good communicators and also loads of training that was more than beneficial

I’m glad I have a job here and would recommend others to follow ..
Supportive Company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Haydock, Merseyside20 May 2019
I have been at speedy for 4 years, i have found them to be very supportive and understanding, i have 2 young children and my manager has been fully flexible with me providing a great work/life balance. I work with a fantastic team, there is a great team atmosphere, i feel very lucky to be part of speedy.
Pros
Work/life balance
Nice place to work
Training Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Haydock, Merseyside25 April 2019
Great colleagues, pay reasonable but let down by lack of employee training and realistic progression paths.
Senior management not particularly visible.
Company wishing to grow and succeed
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Haydock, Merseyside31 July 2018
Enjoyed my time there, unfortunately my role was made redundant.

Many passionate people wishing to grow the business, although people retention was an issue which impacted it's effectiveness
Pros
work colleagues
Cons
poor salaries, retention of experienced staff
Be honest
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Haydock, Merseyside2 March 2018
I had a great time working for Speedy while I was there, I found the best approach was an honest one, if you set realistic goals then management are more than happy to work around them. Did seem like some managers were better than others but overall there was always a good vibe going on in the business.
Pros
Training was available if needed it, management was flexible as long as you didn't abuse it
Cons
Sometimes did work at home to meet my own timescales.
Great company and fantastic people
Senor manager (Current Employee) –  Haydock8 September 2017
Overall a fantastic company to work for. The tough decisions have been made several years ago and are now bearing fruit with the company outstripping the competition in all sectors.
The board are very strong and know what needs to be done. There is a strong sense of passion and belief within the organisation and willingness to make it succeed.
There are a lot of people who have over 10 years service and a high number with 20 years service.
I'd recommend this organisation to anyone wanting to move their career to a strong organisation.
Pros
great people, good atmosphere, strong work ethic
Cons
You'll end up here for years! :)
Very disappointing
Manager (Former Employee) –  Haydock, Merseyside5 June 2017
This company is one of the most back stabbing companies to work for. The management are so secretive and untrustworthy. If you are not in the clique, then you will never be taken on board. The initial training programme is awful and there is no structure what so ever. You are left to your own devices a lot of the time to just get on with it and be expected to know the industry and job. They give you all the false promises you would expect (if you need help, were here. any questions, just ask us.' Nobody is ever around and the whole working day is just problem after problem. The management think the staff are happy and 90%of them are not. They do not respect the advisors on the phone who do the job day in day out.

It is not a nice company to work for, period.
Only apply if you're perfect
CSE (Former Employee) –  Haydock, Merseyside15 January 2017
The salary is good and most people are friendly but the management are so spread thin that you are left to fend for yourself. They demonise mistakes and they don't care if you've only just started. You're expected to know everything after shadowing someone for a week, which is an impossible task considering the vast stock they carry.

Apply if you know someone there who can help otherwise have won fighting the wolves.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No support
Good but only due to colleagues
hire controller (Former Employee) –  Haydock - Direct28 October 2015
Worked in very busy department. Was a great place to work with lots of really good honest people. Very busy but most pulled together to make a successful business. Hard work but good bonuses for recognition of effort put in. Then it went all corporate with too many big time Charlies cominG on board which seemed to spoil a happy ship. Now more like a call centre with lots of kids who know little if anything about equipment. More like a WW2 Stalag now .... everything read of a card. Call centre now. Poor management...
Pros
Work colleagues
Cons
Poor management
Excellent for progression
Sales Customer Service Executive (Current Employee) –  Haydock1 May 2015
This job has taught me how to manage a busy and often stressful workload, as well working to deadlines and prioritising urgent requests. A typical day sees me managing the sales process from initial quotation, through to closing the sale and after sales support. This has taught me to take ownership of my work. The team that I work in is very supportive, and the management are always on hand for advice or assistance when required, but they also allow you to make decisions and manage your own day rather than micro managing which makes the day much more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is often the sheer volume of work, but this has taught me to be more organised and to think on my feet.
Pros
Good hours, supportive management
Shared service centre, varied workflow, kpi/target driven
Very busy Department, KPI/target driven throughout the Department. Essential that you know where the Team is up to at all times and able to step up immediately when required and lead/support in the right direction. Must be able to multi-task and have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels with Senior Management, other Departments, Depots within the business. Forward thinking.

Staff/co-workers are very friendly, work and support each other.

Management are always approachable, friendly and supportive.

Half year end/year end is by far the most testing time. Informing the Team that their monthly KPI targets have not been achieved and no bonus is to be paid.

Satisfaction of weekly and monthly KPI targets achieved by the Team and Department and informing the Team that bonus is to be paid.
Pros
Internal training (Excel, Word)--Fun days for Charity
Cons
May have to take work home