Play YouTube video button

Speedy Hire PLC Employee Reviews

Current delivery driver Southwark London
Delivery Driver Multi Drop (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 October 2019
This is by far the best company I have worked for they are kind understanding caring helpful good communicators and also loads of training that was more than beneficial

I’m glad I have a job here and would recommend others to follow ..
Working for speedy
Hgv class 1 &2 hiab driver operated (Former Employee) –  Dartford9 October 2019
Even the manager of the drivers went back on the lorry’s, because of the higher managers hoo no nothing about running the lorry’s and the drivers kept butting in,
I was there a year and I was the twentieth driver to leave,
They treat drivers real bad,
How is this company still in buisness
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  London9 October 2019
What can I say. This company treat there staff worse than any other I have had the privilege to work for. All they do is dangle that carrot in front of your face while offering and promising that raise or that promotion but will do you over at every chance. Haven't met one member of staff who generally is happy there. Most people just looking for a way out. Do Not work for speedy you will regret it. The staff retention of this company just says it all.
Pros
Cons
Management and everything else
Poor company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire2 October 2019
Poor management, always trying to make you drive an over weight vehicle then make your life extremely difficult when you refuse to.
Long hours and always finishing late due to poor organisation.
Salary is always wrong even those who have 100% attendance.
Joke of a company,
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Run away
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Newport23 September 2019
Was employed as a HGV driver, very quickly noticed there were more staff in the office than in the workshop?.
Spent most of my day dropping off plant only to be collecting it the next day as it was faulty, fitters were writing off the plant then management was putting it back on the shelf?????
Official response from Speedy Hire PLC
17 October 2019

Hi, many thanks for taking the time to leave your review. In most of the larger stores at Speedy, there is usually more staff in the offices as opposed to the workshop as the main customer service teams are based in our Superstores such as Newport. - Busy as we are, the large numbers of staff in the offices perhaps isn't a bad thing?

Immediate collections are delivery can be quite common, particularly if customers manage to complete their jobs early, however its unfortunate to say that not every customer treats our equipment properly so collecting and repairing faulty equipment can sometimes feel like a regular occurrence. Once equipment has been repaired, it should go back on the shelf ready to go out again so its available for the next customer.

Again, many thanks for your review; if you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me via careers@speedyservices.com

Best regards,

enjoyable workplace
Regional Fitter (Current Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire11 September 2019
Learning new skills on different equipment in a challenging workplace to meet daily demands. Working for various depots to high standards to get the equipment tested, cleaned and back on the shelf ready for the next customer
Official response from Speedy Hire PLC
17 October 2019

Hi there, many thanks for your recent review. With so many products and every day bringing very different challenges, it brings many highs and lows so its great to hear you're enjoying being a part of the madness and all the fun it brings.

Take care and best regards!
Anthony, Speedy Recruitment Team

Speedy Hire
Depot Manager (Former Employee) –  Grantham, Lincolnshire29 August 2019
You will be okay as long as you dont question management. The have no concept of working at the sharp end. They want more every year but reward you with nothing. They take money out you P & L for nothing.
Pros
Cons
Loads
Would not recommend
Trainee Fitter (Former Employee) –  Paignton5 August 2019
I really enjoyed my actual job here however I was made to feel unsupported by management. Training that was promised simply did not happen, overtime was not paid for several months and when push came to shove I was dismissed without appropriate cause without so much as he good grace to pay me what I was owed. I should’ve known better than to think things would be different across the depots but they aren’t.
Cons
As above
Really liked the opportunity
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk16 July 2019
Really enjoyed my job at speedy just felt my role wasn't appreciated.
The team that I work with we have a good work ethic
Yard operative/ supervisor (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire16 July 2019
My work consists of 2 shifts they are 6 till 3 one week then 1 till 10 the week after my day consists of the loading an unloading of vans wagons that come into the yard, I also deal with customers who come onto site I book the equipment in and fill with fuel if needed,I enjoy most parts of the job an the comradely with my other work colleagues.
Pros
Free eye tests and training
Cons
The 6 3 shift
Power Engineer (Current Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk27 June 2019
A typical day at work would be. To print the test and run sheet and see what is on there. See if there is any high priority needs to be done. Any fault equipment to be repair and ready for hire again.
Cowboys trying to be professionals
Driver loader yards man (Former Employee) –  Scotland17 June 2019
This is probably by far the worst managed company I have ever had the pleasure of working for. The equipment is so unreliable the only thing that speedy is the time it will take to break down from you receiving it on site. Kit is quite often condemned by fitters then signed off as been ok by management that have no idea what their doing in some cases risking people’s lives due to the fact they have no good equipment available. If you fancy applying for a managers job just go for it. You get paid more money and you don’t even need any qualifications.
Pros
End of the day
Cons
Underpaid
Good place to work.
3.5 Tonne Driver (Current Employee) –  London City Airport22 May 2019
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at speedy, no day is the same iv been able to travel alot of the south coast and parts of the west.
All colleagues iv come into contact with have been brilliant, helpful friendly and generally a good crack. Hardest part of the job is finding equipment to fulfill orders. all in all iv enjoyed my time at speedy.
Pros
Nice up to date vans, good break at xmas.
Cons
Not enough equipment to serve the customers, ARP stock management.
Supportive Company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Haydock, Merseyside20 May 2019
I have been at speedy for 4 years, i have found them to be very supportive and understanding, i have 2 young children and my manager has been fully flexible with me providing a great work/life balance. I work with a fantastic team, there is a great team atmosphere, i feel very lucky to be part of speedy.
Pros
Work/life balance
Productive and fun workplace
Hire Controller (Former Employee) –  London19 May 2019
Speedy services offer a great range of opportunities to develop someone into the business with a wide range of services offered it offers employees a number of paths to follow
Easy
Mechanical Fitter (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow2 May 2019
Speedy was in whole a calm place to work however that often meant that many things were left undone and a large lack of communication and honesty. However majority of the time working there was fun
Pros
Excellent team members
Cons
Too msny managment
Nice place to work
Training Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Haydock, Merseyside25 April 2019
Great colleagues, pay reasonable but let down by lack of employee training and realistic progression paths.
Senior management not particularly visible.
Great place to work at depot level, but pay isn’t great for responsibilities
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Ringwood20 April 2019
I enjoyed my time at Speedy and I got on well with depot management and other colleagues. Job was great as was different everyday. Just a shame they don’t pay well for Class 2 drivers, and left as was offered job with 2.5 grand payrise. Would have stayed if money was better.
Pros
Good work life balance and job was varied so was interesting
Cons
Poor pay grade for the responsibilities that the class 2 and class 1 drivers had
Abysmal management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Central Scotland19 March 2019
Management think that they’re gods gift to the business when in reality they’re clowns that couldn’t organise a prayer in a mosque.
They treat staff like utter rubbish
Pros
Cons
Bad management
Bad workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Peterhead, Aberdeenshire10 January 2019
Where do you start here, offered the position of driver fair enough due to the company's policy of doing an induction course never had the chance even though I am a fully qualified class 1 driver. Many company's I have worked for it was a 1 day serious driving test which I never failed with any company the word experience comes into this.

Management is a point you are asked to comment on here a joke comes to mind with me, told at interview by area manager what the salary was only to find out after starting it was lower only reason given to me was no experience in the hire business, transport is transport no matter what way we look at it, I have delivered and collected more hire equipment than I can remember.

Work place culture, other than the current driver I never felt welcome in the depot.

It says further into this review about rating the ceo, it's about time the ceo had a serious look at why staff continue to leave, easy answer sort the so called management on how to treat staff.

Finally the hgv driver at the depot fantastic bloke who I spent time with was very helpful and made me welcome.

Two weeks at the place was enough for me.
Pros
No pros that I could see.
Cons
Lying management, bonus's don't exist even though they are mentioned in job adverts, not made to feel welcome, others fail to help even though they basically stand about doing nothing, poor respect towards staff especially from management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Speedy Hire PLC. Our community is ready to answer.