Speedy Hire PLC Employee Reviews

Lots of training opportunities and great bunch of people
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  South East7 December 2018
I work in a Speedy store and the team around me are a great bunch of people. I've learnt a lot from them! Lots of training and learning opportunities on offer and always positions you can look out for to progress.
Being face to face with regular customers is great as you can build some great relationships.
Personally, I've found the managers to be really nice people. The regional managers usually stop by to work with you at the depot.
I'm looking forward to progressing to my next role with Speedy. I'm currently gaining engineering qualifications.
Pros
Management, customers, colleagues
courier delivery driver for heavy duty tools
Driver (Former Employee) –  West Midlands19 November 2018
Was a great job paid well was very supportive and helpful and caring i defiantly made good friends and learnt new things i enjoyed getting up for work made me motivated and realise what work was and loved grafting hard for the money at the end of the month.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Ok company, Managment are poor
Test and Run Technician (Current Employee) –  Cowley, Oxfordshire12 November 2018
I learnt a lot in the company. There has always been a problem with management. And now the current management are bullying people out of the building.
only work here if your next step down is homeless
HGV Driver class 1 tramper (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire3 November 2018
worked here over the festival period.. .the more you do the more they put on you instead of motorvating the more work shy amongst us..managers are a joke..if you have queries with your wages,put it down to bad experiance as theres no way amends will be made..over all , good job gone bad..managers dont listen, hard workers will allways be put on whilst the more work shy amongst us will be better thought of..only guessing the reason behind this one is theyre spending more time rimming gaffers than doing what there paid to do..wouldnt work for speedy if my life depended on it
Pros
there isnt any
Cons
managers
Completed an apprenticeship through speedyhire.
APPRENTICESHIP (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire23 August 2018
Worked here for 7 years and the company changed for the worse after 4-5 years, too many managers and too much pressure on the people that actually work.
Ok place workmates good
Driver (Current Employee) –  Erith, Greater London2 August 2018
Safety issues when you say anything they always have excuses,every body on different pay, no chances of getting bonuses, put you on routes no one else will do but expect you to carry on regardless, won’t change you for other routes you get the routes every one jacks in on, if you haven’t got all paperwork you have to put it back on your lorry and work around it all day, but if it is important you don’t have to worry about paperwork getting in the way .promise you that your route is only why they sort something out and when you speak to them just shrugs shoulders
Pros
You will work every day
Cons
Hard craft if you want to just drive forget it
Company wishing to grow and succeed
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Haydock, Merseyside31 July 2018
Enjoyed my time there, unfortunately my role was made redundant.

Many passionate people wishing to grow the business, although people retention was an issue which impacted it's effectiveness
Pros
work colleagues
Cons
poor salaries, retention of experienced staff
Great place to work with great collegues
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom17 July 2018
Typical work day dealing with customers and colleges solving problems and assisting customers with the best possible solutions for their tool / equipment hire requirements. Dealing with set up, administration/ issues with the Speedy ePod product. During my time at Speedy the management support has always been amazing. I have learnt to much in my time a Speedy to list it all here but the main thing i have got from Speedy is it the people that make a business great and good to work for.
Good and bad
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  South Yorkshire11 July 2018
Great working atmosphere, great lads, company genuinely tries to make it a good place to be.

Long hours, expected to do more than your job should do, with no extra pay.

Constantly cutting staff numbers but not workload.
Pros
Working environment
good place to work
tool hire fitter/ hire controller (Former Employee) –  Grantham, Lincolnshire4 July 2018
good place to work but too far to travel to and from billinghay everyday i had an oppertunity to better myself and change companies but unfortunatley this didnt work out
no issues
Role - Hire co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Tipton, West Midlands15 June 2018
Personally I enjoyed working with Speedy.
I had training few times a year to be kept up-to-date with systems and options.
Salary could of been better for the long days with difficulty to go on lunch for how busy it was. however I enjoyed the fast working environment
Depends witch depot you from
Construction Tool Hire Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Southwark, Greater London9 June 2018
Enjoyed my time there just not enough pay happy fun environment , lots of training, opportunities to work your way up in the business, health & Safety in important kepto
up to date , monthly targets meetings apply, communication is very good throughout the company , nice to see projects develop .
Pros
Xmas drinks
Cons
Some heavy work an some late nights
A great place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich3 June 2018
Speedy hire is a great place to work, plenty of perks to the job, all the staff are easy to get on with, would well recommend it for anyone who want to start there driving career
awful
Driver (Current Employee) –  Peterhead, Aberdeenshire11 May 2018
awful place, avoid at all costs, management a joke, no sense of health and safety, rip you off of overtime you work, would not advise anyone to work for them
Pros
Cons
all
Current employee
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear1 May 2018
Dedicate and help staff both to customers and colleagues.
Great communication from Top to bottom certainly a company on the up again.
Personal Progression available
Productive and team efforts
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire25 April 2018
Amazing company to work for as we all work in a team together. my day entails contacting a number of depot regarding deliveries and collections making sure our clients are happy at all times and to keep within the SLA that is in place.
Good Employer
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  National17 April 2018
Had fun working here with some great people, always something challenging to get your teeth into which keeps work enjoyable.
working in the depot network was good, got to travel all around the country.
Happy place
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tamworth20 March 2018
Good company and work atmosphere, wages are average but training is excellent, the only reason I left was to progress in a area that isn't really speedys area that that focus in (transport)
Pros
Traning
Review
Mobile Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Erith, Greater London13 March 2018
Do not wish to answer this question, I may do at a later date. The hardest part of the job is being on call as we have few engineers at this present time.
Be honest
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Haydock, Merseyside2 March 2018
I had a great time working for Speedy while I was there, I found the best approach was an honest one, if you set realistic goals then management are more than happy to work around them. Did seem like some managers were better than others but overall there was always a good vibe going on in the business.
Pros
Training was available if needed it, management was flexible as long as you didn't abuse it
Cons
Sometimes did work at home to meet my own timescales.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Speedy Hire PLC. Our community is ready to answer.