Spa Medica

Spa Medica Employee Reviews

United Kingdom10 reviews
great place to work for with a great diverse team. people in other departments are really helpful. not a hard job to learn and can become a very fast paced job
Pros
summer parties and christmas parties
Cons
I started at the Wolverhampton centre this week and I can safely say that everyone is so welcoming and I have never felt like more of a great team straight from day one. All the management are really lovely here and are like no where I have ever worked before. They are really positive people and really care about the staff, we get such amazing perks in the job.
Yes like all businesses they are busy but every moment is worth it. The customers are fantastic and because the staff and the business is so customer service focused, it means that the customers feel so valued and it really makes a happy working environment.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here so far and I really can s4ee myself having a long term career within the company. The managers are so lovely, I have worked within bad management before and I know the repercussions it can have on the staff and the business, I can absolutely swear that it is not like that here.

You will not regret getting a job in this company.
Spamedica is a great company to work for. I’ve had a lot of jobs in the past and for once I can say I’m settled and actually feel like a team member rather then just a number. The job is fast paced and always plenty to do. Any bad reviews are clearly from people who are just wanting to vent from a bad day.
Poor management, low wage, dead end job. Staff turn over is high. They don’t pay you enough for what they expect you to do. Would not recommend at all
Pros
New hospitals which are clean, modern and welcoming.

Great staff whom are friendly, respectful and generally work well together

Patient care is excellent

Cons

Pay needs a re structure asap to compete well in line with other independent sector providers

The lack of additional company benefits inc subsidised healthcare or even free parking is extremely disappointing

Many sites inc HQ do not have any free staff parking available onsite.

No true development within current role or any progression available

Advice to Management

Communication with all staff is required to ensure everyone is aware of direction of company and actually what is going on

Appreciate all staff and what they bring to the company

Promote and employ staff based on skillsets and knowledge, and not who you know!
Widnes spamedica clinic is a low paid job for what they expect from you, job role it’s self becomes very repetitive and be prepared to travel to Manchester/Bolton on a regular basis, there is no chance of growing in the company, I would consider this as a temporary job. The management here is poor and has ‘favourites’ and discriminates individuals, if you was planning on applying for this job I would suggest applying for either skem or Manchester as the managements seems much nicer on the bright side some of the staff are lovely, just a terrible shame certain manager brings company down... over all I had a awful experience here and would not recommend to anyone.
Staff dont last long jobs every single week constantly care about keeping your staff on
Low salary compared to others esp when you have to work weekends

Woulsbt botber
Cons
Whilst working as spamedica weekend work increased massively. There was clear bullying at the workplace resulting in two people leaving because of it. The managers were made aware of bullying but still no action taken. The manager had clear favourites. The pay scales are ridiculous some people are paid just as much as admin staff to take patients in and out of lifts. It’s hard to want to stay in any role that is minimum wage but expect maximum effort.
I like that job but it was not busy so i leave the job. I like working as a clener i am hard worker and good person. I have the skils for this job and i not have problem working with teams.
Pros
Anytime break
Cons
Not long house
SpaMedica care for their staff. The role I am in doesn't give much room to move up but there are roles that give you that opportunity. Some management are helpful and lovely to work with, however there are others that don't give you the time of day. I have learned a lot over the 18 months I have been with SpaMedica and in that time I have watched the business expand. I cannot give enough credit to the CEO and the higher members of staff, they do care for their employees and it is lovely to come to work everyday! It is by far the best company I have worked for with a lot of benefits and job opportunities internally.The hardest part about the job I would say would be the frequently changing systems but this is all to improve the way we work! I would recommend SpaMedica to any of my friends and family. The most enjoyable part of the job would definitely seeing how many people's lives we change.
Pros
Great Company with brilliant benefits
Cons
Some management are rude.