Sovereign Housing Employee Reviews

Poor management Lions led by donkeys. Poor systems , lack of investment in staff
Housing officer (Current Employee) –  South East22 December 2018
This is an organisation that has lost its since of purpose. It's got too big. It spends a lot of time building new homes and I vests nothing in existing homes. A good team and lower managers who are very confused and moral is very low. I.T systems that don't work and fail to meet the needs of the staff. Upper managers think they work for ICI and are very out of touch with social housing.

I would avoid at all costs.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Poor upper management and systems
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Hampshire6 October 2018
This is a great company to work for, brilliant work life balance pay holidays etc. The upper management are out of touch with the real world and work with their head in the sand to deal with the real issues. The job is easy for the money you get the operatives are great everyone gets along. The customers are challenging and demand is out of touch with what they deserve or need. The policy’s allow poor managers to keep their jobs and sack the workers. The van fleet is awful and the service from fleet is worse or non existent.
Pros
Salary Holidays job security ease of work.
Cons
It systems, fleet, management and policy’s
Not what it seems
Housekeeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire4 October 2018
The interview was great, but when I started working and actually saw the filth which had been there for months and needed months of work to get it clean I was shocked. No body I worked with seemed to like their job, 1 headhouse keeper was stuck in a time warp, what a miserable woman, she was like a head teacher, slave labour, clock watching all the time when you were on your break, whiywasnt worth having
Rewarding but hard work
Sheltered Housing Manager (Former Employee) –  Blandford Forum, Dorset7 September 2018
I learned a lot about social housing and the needs it offers to people. It can be challenging on some days with dealing with complaints and troublesome tenants, but on the whole a great job to have and to make a difference in peoples lives.
Avoid
Housing Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon15 August 2018
Very unorganised branch. No management and staff very unhappy. This company treat fixed term workers very negatively to permanent staff. No direction or chance of promotion. Avoid wasting your time with this company.
Cons
A busy and varied work place
Buildings Maintenance Officer (BMO) (Current Employee) –  Poole, Dorset3 January 2018
Ranges from hands on repairs to facilitating large scale high value projects. Demands practical and organisational skills. No two days are the same, challenges are varied and numerous.
Pros
variety of work and benefits
Cons
Long demanding hours impacting on work life balance
Do not work here
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire24 October 2017
Worked for this company seemed alright & nice place to work in the beginning, but within a few weeks that all changed colleagues were good people very friendly. Management is not good at all dont know what there doing!!, they will blame you for no reason even if u aint done nothing wrong. They treat you like garbage, dictatorship exisits in that place, beware.. never work for this company ever again....
Pros
Short hours..
Cons
Poor management
sovereign
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire10 April 2017
I worked in various places, i cleaned a nursery and also the bosses house, I was sad to leave, but was out of my control. The company was good to work for I enjoyed it it was close to home also worked evenings, and did boss house during the day.The job in the nursery was challenging to say the most as you can imagine ,but i enjoyed most of the challenges.
Pros
close to home, worked my own times and quit flexible.
Cons
the commpany went under
Busy Working Environment
Mutual Exchange Co-ordinator/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Swindon16 October 2016
Busy from start to finish, as I do a dual role. which includes, Mutual exchanges tenants requiring to swap houses, also reception duties, homeswapper, and post logging, I also work with the Swindon and Bristol offices and the housing team.
I have to work with income, housing, and ASB officers.
I also have to adhere to a 42 days approval schedule for all exchanges, I work very closely with all my colleagues to enable me to give 100% to all my tenants.
collaborative, influential, progressive, customer focused company
Sheltered Housing Scheme Manager (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke4 February 2015
There is a need for great time management.
The ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external customers to ensure an influential, customer focused service is provided.
Pros
Thank you awards for working over and above board
Cons
very busy workload, awards hard to acheive
Social Housing Property Services
Property Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ringwood4 January 2016
There is no such thing as an average day. Work can be easily manageable to hectic depending on time of finance month/year. Variable and interesting work. Liaising at different levels from Senior management to operatives to sub-cotractors.
Pros
Free parking, easy access
Cons
not within commercial sector
Nice people to work with
Facilities Administrator (Contracts) (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, ENG1 February 2016
Everyday can be different in Facilities
Very good training programme
Work with a great team
Enjoy every part of my job
Hardest part of my job looking after 16 offices but I can cope with any situation
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Travelling from site to site as I don't drive
Low morale
gas service engineer (Former Employee) –  berkshire25 May 2013
poor at training for new appliances on the market ,overworked you on standby (ie little time to eat prepare for at busy times) .Brilliant gas team engineers ,the most enjoyable times were chatting to the old folk an repairing their faulty boilers as they always said thanks
A company in which development is important
Multi trade plumber (Former Employee) –  Ringwood26 October 2016
They have a good work life balance, there is always opportunity to improve and develop. They work and communicate well and provide a comfortable work environment.
Pros
development
Cons
change in jobs
Fun place to work
Help to Buy assistant (Current Employee) –  Filton24 April 2016
Training is not brilliant, sort of chucked in the deep end when i first started. Work colleagues very nice and friendly. In my team Help to Buy very busy which is good. But as always not enough staff to deal with the work load
Fun place to work
housing officer (Current Employee) –  Ringwood13 January 2016
A typical day for a Housing Officer, is everyday is different I have learnt do much in working with people, being a team player and adaptive, I enjoy making a difference in people life's by giving them a roof over their heads.
Good employer and fun workplace
Home Ownership Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Exeter30 October 2016
Lots of work, great line manager and fun co-workers. All in all, Sovereign is a great employer and my manager(s) and colleagues are people I will never forget (for all the right reasons!).
Great company - lots of changes going on
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Berkshire27 November 2012
Plenty of variety in my job and opportunities to learn new skills. Great colleagues.
Pros
pension provision, flexible working hours
Cons
constant management changes
used to be good but not anymore
multi trade (Former Employee) –  Bristol15 December 2015
what was a great job has been ruined morale among staff is lower than a snakes belly cant wait to get out new management have ruined it
Pros
fun workplace, working in the community making peoples lives better and safer.
Neighbourhood Warden Scheme (Current Employee) –  Newbury22 April 2016
Being a Neighbourhood Warden no day is ever the same, take today we are joining a foundation class from a local school and taking them to a local wooded area where they will have fun playing and leaning about the woods and creatures that live their. after helping to escort the children safely we then carry out a foot patrol of a housing estate and if any drugs paraphernalia is noticed while carrying out the patrol then this will be removed by ourselves there and then. we also report back to local housing association things we see while carrying out our patrol. fly tipped items we will remove and take to the local recycling centre damage to roads and pavements we report to the local council. While we are carrying out a patrol we speak with local residents and if there are events happening at community centres in the areas we patrol then we make a visit. In the past Wardens have set up and organised trips for local groups and events such as litter picking for local cub and brownie packs. Part of our role is to also visit youth clubs and were in the past we have given presentations on different topics such as Stranger Danger and Road Safety to name but a few.
Pros
Working with great co-workers in a fun and enjoyable job, Good working enviroment and only working one saturday in four.
Cons
Being made redundant.