Sovereign Housing Association Employee Reviews

So far, so good!
Employment & Training Officer (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire9 October 2017
Great place to work, you can truly be yourself at work and practise your specialism.

Whilst I've seen and heard of others progressing I've not yet had the opportunity to do so as I'm relatively new.

It does take a while for the size of the organisation to sink in.
Friendly, Welcoming place to work
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Newbury18 September 2017
I have been temping here for roughly 7 weeks, and honestly I don't have a bad word to say any it at Sovereign. Everyone is so friendly and inviting. I have defiantly enjoyed my time with Sovereign and will miss it very much. On a normal lunch time, I would go out and get food, then come back into the office and sit with people in the staff room. Where somewhere would normally feel weird, At sovereign they couldn't be more welcoming. I had never done receptionist work before but my mentor was a great teacher, I like to ask lots of question but she was very patience with me. I have been asked to go back for 1 more week to help train the new receptionist. When I was asked I felt nervous and scared as I didn't feel like i could do something like that being a temp. But I had a great reference from both my line manager and also his manager i feel proud to say i worked at Sovereign for the duration of 7 weeks. I would highly recommend applying for a job here. And hopefully in the future i would like to find myself a permanent role within the business.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Productive and Fun place to work
Human Resources Operations (Current Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire16 June 2017
My typical day at work is case management, getting on with a project that I am leading or coaching managers on all aspects of HR.

Management are very flexible and we the work place culture inolves one being given an opportunity to show your skills and be responsible for your own role and make decisons .

The workplace culture is marvelous. There is alot of flexibility in the ways of working and we have an open door culture.

The hardest part of my job is coaching managers to be consistent in their decision making and trying to help them see the true picture of people management. We are going through a Merger at the moment and the hardest part is to create one culture from the 2 organisations.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that there is never a dull day in Sovereign
Great company to work for
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK2 June 2017
Great place to work people are fun. Management are helpful. Very good training opportunities. and salaries are fair. Everyday is different and very enjoyable
sovereign
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire10 April 2017
I worked in various places, i cleaned a nursery and also the bosses house, I was sad to leave, but was out of my control. The company was good to work for I enjoyed it it was close to home also worked evenings, and did boss house during the day.The job in the nursery was challenging to say the most as you can imagine ,but i enjoyed most of the challenges.
Pros
close to home, worked my own times and quit flexible.
Cons
the commpany went under
Wrong Match with Personalities
Strategic Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire4 April 2017
Unfortunately my personality was not the right match with my line Manager, and therefore the brief work experience at Sovereign was not a pleasant one.

This is not reflective of the company, merely my own personal experience.
Very friendly place to work with good oppurtunites to progress
Trainee surevyor (Former Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire17 March 2017
Working at Sovereign has provided a great starting point into a management career in construction. The staff are very friendly and willing to provide assistance as and when required.
Nothing at present
Senior .NET Developer (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Dorset1 March 2017
Nothing at present as I am still writing it .
Excellent housing association
Lettings Officer (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol15 January 2017
I love working for Sovereign, they are flexible and supportive. The Bristol Housing team have a great attitude. The residents' experience is at the core of everything we do.
Pros
Fantastic colleagues.
Cons
I've been there too long, time for new challenges
Great and interesting place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire14 December 2016
I've worked at Sovereign for a long time now but never stayed in the same job for over 18 months so lots of opportunity for progression.

I've been given the opportunity to launch some projects which were very new to me so I feel like the company has given me confidence to progress.

It's quite a personable and friendly place to work.

It will be interesting to see the impact of the merger as we're now an 1,800 strong workforce and operating on a larger scale.
changing
Property Services Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Ringwood, Hampshire27 November 2016
before I left Sovereign Housing there were major changes afoot as ey were merging with another Housing Association. There was a lot of uncertainty which always comes with mergers. Not sure how they will be to work for now. Dont really feel my opinion is valid due to the above
Good employer and fun workplace
Home Ownership Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Exeter30 October 2016
Lots of work, great line manager and fun co-workers. All in all, Sovereign is a great employer and my manager(s) and colleagues are people I will never forget (for all the right reasons!).
A company in which development is important
Multi trade plumber (Former Employee) –  Ringwood26 October 2016
They have a good work life balance, there is always opportunity to improve and develop. They work and communicate well and provide a comfortable work environment.
Pros
development
Cons
change in jobs
Busy Working Environment
Mutual Exchange Co-ordinator/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Swindon16 October 2016
Busy from start to finish, as I do a dual role. which includes, Mutual exchanges tenants requiring to swap houses, also reception duties, homeswapper, and post logging, I also work with the Swindon and Bristol offices and the housing team.
I have to work with income, housing, and ASB officers.
I also have to adhere to a 42 days approval schedule for all exchanges, I work very closely with all my colleagues to enable me to give 100% to all my tenants.
Fun place to work
Help to Buy assistant (Current Employee) –  Filton24 April 2016
Training is not brilliant, sort of chucked in the deep end when i first started. Work colleagues very nice and friendly. In my team Help to Buy very busy which is good. But as always not enough staff to deal with the work load
fun workplace, working in the community making peoples lives better and safer.
Neighbourhood Warden Scheme (Current Employee) –  Newbury22 April 2016
Being a Neighbourhood Warden no day is ever the same, take today we are joining a foundation class from a local school and taking them to a local wooded area where they will have fun playing and leaning about the woods and creatures that live their. after helping to escort the children safely we then carry out a foot patrol of a housing estate and if any drugs paraphernalia is noticed while carrying out the patrol then this will be removed by ourselves there and then. we also report back to local housing association things we see while carrying out our patrol. fly tipped items we will remove and take to the local recycling centre damage to roads and pavements we report to the local council. While we are carrying out a patrol we speak with local residents and if there are events happening at community centres in the areas we patrol then we make a visit. In the past Wardens have set up and organised trips for local groups and events such as litter picking for local cub and brownie packs. Part of our role is to also visit youth clubs and were in the past we have given presentations on different topics such as Stranger Danger and Road Safety to name but a few.
Pros
Working with great co-workers in a fun and enjoyable job, Good working enviroment and only working one saturday in four.
Cons
Being made redundant.
Nice people to work with
Facilities Administrator (Contracts) (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, ENG1 February 2016
Everyday can be different in Facilities
Very good training programme
Work with a great team
Enjoy every part of my job
Hardest part of my job looking after 16 offices but I can cope with any situation
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Travelling from site to site as I don't drive
Fun place to work
housing officer (Current Employee) –  Ringwood13 January 2016
A typical day for a Housing Officer, is everyday is different I have learnt do much in working with people, being a team player and adaptive, I enjoy making a difference in people life's by giving them a roof over their heads.
Social Housing Property Services
Property Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ringwood4 January 2016
There is no such thing as an average day. Work can be easily manageable to hectic depending on time of finance month/year. Variable and interesting work. Liaising at different levels from Senior management to operatives to sub-cotractors.
Pros
Free parking, easy access
Cons
not within commercial sector
used to be good but not anymore
multi trade (Former Employee) –  Bristol15 December 2015
what was a great job has been ruined morale among staff is lower than a snakes belly cant wait to get out new management have ruined it
Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sovereign Housing Association. Our community is ready to answer.