Southwark Council Employee Reviews

A good working relationship with all staff
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG9 October 2013
job satisfaction, in looking after people,the working hours were long but, rewarding when the people, you look after smiled when you arrived,the life long friends you have,
Pros
Cons
missing every christmas at home
Productive workplace
Drivers Mate (Former Employee) –  London10 September 2013
We drove to different houses to remove the waste that was left in there, such as furniture. I got on well with my fellow co-workers.
Hard times, but rewarding if willing to work hard
Commissioning Officer - Adult Social Service (Former Employee) –  London, ENG29 August 2013
Public sector work is hard at the moment, with the challenges involved with reducing budgets and increasing need. However, Southwark was a rewarding place to work (Health & Social Care) as long as one was prepared to apply oneself and think creatively - challenging 'the way it has always been' and looking for new ways to get thinks done.
Pros
Modern environment, flexible working.
Cons
Tough budgetary challenges, changing traditional work practices.
Busy atmosphere
temp (Former Employee) –  London3 June 2013
I worked as a temp for a year. but not worked for a while no doubt its changed since I was there
really good.
dustman, site manager (Former Employee) –  elephant castle4 April 2013
loved working there because i was always interacting with people and always had something to do.
i like to keep busy and not stand around.
Provided a solid secure base for career development
Energy Strategy Officer (Former Employee) –  London Bridge8 January 2013
After nearly 20 years with Southwark I experienced many changes and also held a number of roles in both housing and environment departments. The roles were varied and challenging and I learnt to be adaptable, flexible and also to embrace opportunities to improve my advancement in my career. On the whole management was strong, only weakening in times of restructure and reorganisation. My co-workers were always a pleasure to work with. The most enjoybale part of working there was the people both colleagues and clients. The hardest part was dealing with frequent change and also with redundancy.
Pros
flexible working, varied roles, challenging work, good working relationships and support
Cons
frequent change, some job insecurity with public sector cuts and political changes
was able to get great training
careers adviser (Former Employee) –  all over the bourgh of southwark12 November 2012
i loved the fact that i was able to work in different places withing southwark, and been offered great training

the management was good
the hardest part of my job have the right haing the support
the most enjoyable part of my job was learning new skills daily, and beeing able to interact with diffrent people
Pros
offer great training
Cons
not a lot of suppot given to mums
ok for a short-term contract
Contract Building Surveyor (Current Employee) –  London28 August 2012
Only a 1-month contract with an opportunity to become permanent. However, I want to continue with contract work.
Pros
easy location
Cons
not enough to do
Productive workplace and learning to be more modern
electronic admin (Former Employee) –  Bermondsey31 July 2012
This was a temporary placement which involved document management (electronic and physical).