Southwark Council Employee Review

View all Southwark Council reviews

Library work
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 March 2018
At the beginning of the day the books that were returned would be shelved and the computer systems would be turned on for the public use. This involved checking if there were any damages or faults.
As the day continued each member would follow the rota and carry out there jobs. If these jobs were completed other tasks would be done instead so that the library is working efficiently.
At this job I learned teamwork and finance skills.
The work place culture was friendly and accepting. It did not take long to fit in.
The hardest part of the job was during exam season where there is a greater influx of people requiring the services.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in a team and help the public.

Other Southwark Council Employee Reviews

Poorly managed department
SURVEYOR (Former Employee) –  London Bridge7 November 2019
Poor leadership, communication and assistance from overworked manager. Head of department only talks to other managers and tends to walk past people tutting. Inadequate software for the role.

Other staff in departments were mainly friendly and good to work with.
Bad to work for
Astate cleaner/road sweeper (Former Employee) –  Bermondsey29 September 2019
I was suffering from depression when they unfairly sacked me because they didn't believe me that I was being bullied by my boss. I would love my job back.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwark Council. Our community is ready to answer.

Southwark Council Reviews by Location