Southwark Council Employee Review

View all Southwark Council reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  Tooley Street26 September 2018
A typical day at work is meeting email targets, raising invoices, dealing with vendor or customer queries, petty cash processing and the maintenance of the petty cash spreadsheet, constant communication with staff from other departments regarding funds in suspense account, retrieving funds and posting to appropriate cost centre, handing out post via rota system, making refunds to customers for overpayment. E.g. PCN charges and monthly reconciliation for foster care payments.

I have learned how to manage my time and focus on the task while working in a high pressured environment, I have learned to accommodate differences in a work place, I have learn to work in a team to produce an excellent service, I have learn to work to meet the targets set in my work plan and ask for training if needed.

I have learnt that I work hand in hand with management and that my productivity will built trust between management and staff, whilst following the policies and procedures of the workplace. I have also learn that good management is open to valid ideas that can make time at work easier.

The work culture is great. working as a team to meet valuable targets makes me feel I have been productive. work life balance has been a big factor in productivity.

The hardest part of the job is time.

Most enjoyable part of the jobs is finding colleagues/ staff and customers are satisfied with my services.
Pros
Free Lincon theatre tickets for Southwark Staff & Family
Cons
Meeting deadlines when short of staff

Other Southwark Council Employee Reviews

Productivity is good, as well as workflow.
Housing Solution Gateway Officer Apprentice (Current Employee) –  SE15 4UJ24 April 2019
I think the housing Solution Homeless department provided an essential service for it's customers.

However it does comes across some challenges, which are well managed by the staff members.
Pros
Fullfilling Job
Cons
Can be stressful at times
Good place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London21 March 2019
It was a good experience for young adults looking for a way to help out in the community and to gain volunteering experience. Communication between me and management was quick and efficient.
Pros
Choose Hours
Cons
No lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwark Council. Our community is ready to answer.

Southwark Council Reviews by Location