Southwark Council
Southwark Council Employee Review

Productive and fun workplace

26 September 2018
A typical day at work is meeting email targets, raising invoices, dealing with vendor or customer queries, petty cash processing and the maintenance of the petty cash spreadsheet, constant communication with staff from other departments regarding funds in suspense account, retrieving funds and posting to appropriate cost centre, handing out post via rota system, making refunds to customers for overpayment. E.g. PCN charges and monthly reconciliation for foster care payments.

I have learned how to manage my time and focus on the task while working in a high pressured environment, I have learned to accommodate differences in a work place, I have learn to work in a team to produce an excellent service, I have learn to work to meet the targets set in my work plan and ask for training if needed.

I have learnt that I work hand in hand with management and that my productivity will built trust between management and staff, whilst following the policies and procedures of the workplace. I have also learn that good management is open to valid ideas that can make time at work easier.

The work culture is great. working as a team to meet valuable targets makes me feel I have been productive. work life balance has been a big factor in productivity.

The hardest part of the job is time.

Most enjoyable part of the jobs is finding colleagues/ staff and customers are satisfied with my services.
Pros
Free Lincon theatre tickets for Southwark Staff & Family
Cons
Meeting deadlines when short of staff
13 October 2015
Same role
Finance officer (Apprentice) (Former Employee) - London
Working here was very good for me as it enabled me to incorporate new skills in the finance era of working. However being young it is not somewhere I would want to stay permanently as the work is very repetitive and can be boring.
12 June 2018
Same location
Administration Officer / Business Support Worker (Former Employee) - 160 Tooley Street, SE1
No 2 days are the same. Gained knowledge about property valuations and asset management. Most colleagues are friendly and approachable. No real prospect of progression.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Career development
15 August 2016
Same location
Income Team Leader (Former Employee) - Tooley Street
Always on the go at work, busy, getting on top of work and driving my team to reach their targets in collection and reduction.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwark Council. Our community is ready to answer.
Southwark Council Reviews by Location