Southwark Council Employee Reviews for Team Leader

3.7Pay & Benefits
3.2Job Security & Advancement
Work and happiness
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  South East London2 November 2016
The day starts with the checking of the work schedule for the day, more equipment to site and start working. Making sure all work safety regulations are observed. Every day teaches something new . My supervisor gives me the free hand to operate and always go to him when I could not solve any problem my co-workers I lead presented to me. The hardest part of the job is when people are rude and swear at workers for no apparent reason . The job becomes enjoyable when client say thank you and also when the supervisor walk up to you and say well done.
Pros
Recognition of hard work
Cons
Geat Place to Work
Operations Team Manager (Current Employee) –  London12 May 2016
Been her in this role for over 3 years. Great working with the people I manage. Need a new challenge

Not one day is the same and days can be challenging
Face paced environment which is productive and very customer focused
Operations Team Manager (Former Employee) –  London8 November 2015
A typical day at work as a Team Leader in a face paced environment is to ensure that agents attendance and punctuality is properly managed and to manage the floor to ensure that agents are all logged in to the telephones and ready to take repair queries to minimize call waiting times, abandon calls and be ready to provide a second to none customer service to our customers.

I learned that staff are different in their approach to the service but I always encouraged a best practice approach to enable a satisfactory level of service. Staff needs a manager who will encourage and support them, this motivates them to work to the best of their abilities and feel valued and as a part of the team.

The management is very supportive. I Manage a team of 20 Agents, monitor their KPIs (Key Performance Indicator) which includes, the number of calls taken per hour, their adherence, the call length and time and also the quality of their calls. I monitor, their attendance, sicknesses, lateness and carry out regular 121s.

Regular staff turnover but we do recruit apprentices yearly and very enjoyable and rewarding to be involved with their training and development and share in their success in the end
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Regular Technical difficulties