Southwark Council Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Southwark Council CSO
Customer Service Officer/Housing Repairs Officer (Current Employee) –  Queensroad Peckham7 November 2018
The contact centre is a nice place to work, everyone is treated fairly and you do get support if need be.
They even offer out of hours overtime to staff as a chance to earn more.
Pros
1 hour lunch on some days
Isolated
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Peckham, Greater London30 January 2018
The team were not friendly whatsoever and there was a lot of division in the call centre. I had a really bad experience here and would not recommend working here unless you have a hardened exterior.
Pros
15 minute breaks throughout the day
Cons
Undesirable work environment
Productive, secure
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  London, ENG6 September 2015
Inputing and processing data on Northgate / booking systems Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and outlook
• Typing up daily reports.
• Writing up emails to Leaseholders, Tenants, Colleges and members of the public.
• Working with the survey team and update updating relevant databases
• Working on switchboard by transferring calls to other departments
• First aider at work
• Obtained scanned records and uploaded them into the database.
• Answered an average of 50 calls per day by addressing customer enquiries and solving problems.
• Politely assisted customers on the telephone.
• Effectively managed a high volume of inbound and outbound customer calls.
• Addressed and resolved customer complaints empathetically and professionally.
• Defused irate customer situations calmly and courteously.
• Answered a high volume of phone calls and email inquiries.
• Supervised housing repairs contact centre.
• Trained new employees on housing repairs programmes and data entry software.
• Investigated and resolved customer enquiries and complaints in a timely and empathetic manner.
• Ensured superior customer experience by addressing customer concerns, demonstrating empathy and resolving problems on the spot.
• Managed a wide variety of customer service and administrative tasks to resolve customer issues quickly and efficiently.
• Directed calls to appropriate individuals and departments.
• Competent on customer service management systems and databases.
• Managed customer calls effectively and efficiently in a complex, fast-paced and challenging call centre environment.
  more...
• Oversaw call centre employees to ensure customer satisfaction goals were consistently met.
• Effective liaison between customers and internal departments.
• Raising repairs orders and chasing outstanding repairs
Good experience
Customer Service Officer (Housing) (Former Employee) –  London, ENG18 May 2015
Very flexible work shift pattern, gave me the experience to work in a corporate setting dealing with council tenants and build up my confidence and resilience to different types of situations.
.Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  London, ENG10 September 2014
I Started with Southwark in 2011 as a Customer Service officer. Over the last 3 years I have gained so much experience in different areas of Environment and Leisure and Housing Repairs. I have gained experience in communication with customers, contractors and other members of the Southwark team. I feel that I have gained extensive knowledge in Housing Repairs and Environment and leisure. Working in a team has improved my confidence and allowed me to obtain skills that are necessary for carrying out our day to day activities. Using CRM, IWORLD and appointment based booking systems I have been able to use my knowledge in different departments within Environment and Leisure and Housing Repairs. This has given me a broader understanding of the service and I feel that I am able to work in any area assertively.

They have all been learning experiences for me and I am continually progressing in my knowledge and understanding.

Environment & Leisure

The best part of my job is working with Customers. One experience that I will treasure was when a tenant called about recycling. She was registered under the NHS disability scheme, she had Clinical Waste which she wanted to dispose. She had been trying for some time to contact the recycling team for sometime to obtain a clinical waste bin. Due to her condition she was unable to speak clearly for the team to schedule a delivery, I was able to apologise for the inconvenience caused and arranged one to be delivered within 48 hours. She was so pleased that she emailed to thank me for my servicesses. These experiences make me more resilient
  more... for the negative calls that I sometimes face.

Housing Repairs

One client was very angry about repairs that had not been done on her property. She was very aggressive and very upset. Through all my experience in Southwark I was able to be understanding, build a relationship with her and explain to her how I intended to help. I left the client with reassurance that the problem would be resolved within 3 working days. I then researched what had happened to her repair and found that the contractors had claimed to have repaired her windows but were unable to send me a report of the time and date that the repairs had taken place. I requested the contractor to re-attend to complete works with full report after completion. I then forwarded this information on to my manager and the client’s window was repaired and she was compensated for the inconvenience caused.

It is very important for me to build a relationship with the client that showed her that Southwark cared after she had felt so upset and let down by the service. After I worked with her she left confidently that it was a mistake and she was reassured that Southwark would and could help her

During my time at Southwark I have been able to build on my skills.
I am organised and like to have things done properly. I have a good memory and make sure that all procedures are done to the best of my ability. I always put in 100% effort into what I’m doing.
I am very fast on the computer and am able to use MS Office, Word power point, Access and send emails, book appointments, write reports and communicate with clients, other workers.
Productive,Fun Workplce
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  London, ENG23 January 2014
A typical day at work: Taking calls from customers.
I learnt: To listen to customers,and tailor there needs.
Co- workers: Always willing to help you when .required
Hardest part of job; Helping an abusive customer on the phone.
Most enjoyable part of the job: When customer is satisfied with your help.
Pros
Flexability with hours
Great Work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Housing26 October 2013
Duties speaking to council residents, leasholders, liasing with resident and income officers, contractors, the police. Dealing with rent,tenancy,housing repairs,complaints enquiries. I love speaking to customers and enjoy helping people and also enjoy working with my team makes my job really lovely.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Fix term not perm