Southwark Council
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Southwark Council Employee Reviews in Street

Street3 reviews
A typical day at work is meeting email targets, raising invoices, dealing with vendor or customer queries, petty cash processing and the maintenance of the petty cash spreadsheet, constant communication with staff from other departments regarding funds in suspense account, retrieving funds and posting to appropriate cost centre, handing out post via rota system, making refunds to customers for overpayment. E.g. PCN charges and monthly reconciliation for foster care payments.

I have learned how to manage my time and focus on the task while working in a high pressured environment, I have learned to accommodate differences in a work place, I have learn to work in a team to produce an excellent service, I have learn to work to meet the targets set in my work plan and ask for training if needed.

I have learnt that I work hand in hand with management and that my productivity will built trust between management and staff, whilst following the policies and procedures of the workplace. I have also learn that good management is open to valid ideas that can make time at work easier.

The work culture is great. working as a team to meet valuable targets makes me feel I have been productive. work life balance has been a big factor in productivity.

The hardest part of the job is time.

Most enjoyable part of the jobs is finding colleagues/ staff and customers are satisfied with my services.
Pros
Free Lincon theatre tickets for Southwark Staff & Family
Cons
Meeting deadlines when short of staff
No 2 days are the same. Gained knowledge about property valuations and asset management. Most colleagues are friendly and approachable. No real prospect of progression.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Career development
Always on the go at work, busy, getting on top of work and driving my team to reach their targets in collection and reduction.