Southwark Council

Southwark Council Employee Reviews in Southwark

Southwark11 reviews
Good public sector environment to work within, with a good work ethic. Varied work where no day can often be the same in a challenging environment, striving for service improvement.
Started as a cover cleaning operative covering my mum whilst she was on holiday.
I received such good feedback from the client they asked if i would be able to help them with a problem school they had locally.

After me agreeing and also getting good feedback from the clients the management requested for me to apply for the supervisors role of which i did and become supervisor then within a year become senior manager
good
good
A typical day at work would be arriving at 9am check emails a
voicemail,

Check my to do list, and carry out any tasks from the list.

Attend meetings, Carry out observation monitoring to the organisations that receive funding from the council.

The work place culture was very clickey.
Pros
Excellent training opportunits.Multi agencies working networkong.
Cons
To many layers of management
The daily customer advisory service was always a full on friendly, and informative enterprise.
The communication between staff members was always of a high standard, so that dealing with public as customers would have a satisfactory outcome.
Was a good company to work for.had to leave through I’ll health at that time.But well now.Management and team leaders were always helpful,and checked that our work was upto standard on a regular bases.
Pros
Working on your own at your own pace to do work thoroughly and to the standard as required
Cons
Some residents not clearing away there rubbish, so we have to move it
I am seeking local part time work no more than 20 hours per week.
I am an experienced driver with a clean licence.

I am able to start immediately.

I have excellent Customer Service skills, I have worked for Southwark Council for 12 years in a Customer facing role.
Pros
Local work
Cons
Working in southwark council was an educational experience to say the least. The typical day for me consisted of filing and printing spreadsheets and papers. Whilst attending to the managers needs. Which could be from making teas , to assoting work. I learnt how to work in a busy and large workforce with many people. And how to assist a manager to the best of my ability. also, I learnt alot about the technical work done in southwark council and the jobs that are done in the finance sector. The most enjoyable part of the job was filling in spreadsheets on the computers as I was able to see how finances are managed in the borough of southwark.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
similar duties
the lack of funding seriously affected job satisfaction, courses were limited and often left under staffed. felt sorry for the young people as they were the ones affected most
Each day is varied with challenges to overcome but my team is very supportive to help with these challenges. I have learned a lot regarding contracts in terms of contract law and model forms of contract in particular, NEC3.
monday - friday
work for public

good management

excellent co-workers

evening shifts - hardest part of job

night shifts - no traffics
Pros
short hours
Cons
excellent teams
i loved the fact that i was able to work in different places withing southwark, and been offered great training

the management was good

the hardest part of my job have the right haing the support

the most enjoyable part of my job was learning new skills daily, and beeing able to interact with diffrent people
Pros
offer great training
Cons
not a lot of suppot given to mums
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwark Council. Our community is ready to answer.
Southwark Council Reviews by Location