South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Awful
practitioner (Former Employee) –  SWYFT17 September 2018
Worked for SWYFT for quite some time but eventually I had to get out.

The majority of management diabolical, really did not care about what you had to put up with. Some management quite abusive at times.

Some members of staff (on all levels) working themselves into an early grave whilst others shamelessly take the opportunity to do as little as possible (and get away with it due to management turning a blind eye).

Workloads not always shared out equally.

Witnessed bullying in more than one team.

Shame because many members of staff were really great people but it only takes a few bad eggs to spoil the whole environment.

Procedures changed regularly but not communicated to all staff, therefore some staff getting reprimanded due to those higher up not communicating effectively.

Some staff on lower pay bands than colleagues doing the same roles.

Not a good experience at all.
They don't listen
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire3 July 2018
The majority of the staff are hardworking and friendly and trying to provide a level of care in difficult situations. The main problem is management do not listen to their workforce. I know money for the NHS is tight but they tell us there is no money available for extra staff and we have to "find time" to do the extra work of the missing colleagues but in my opinion feel they waste money on stupid things - definitely too many meetings.
Cons
Over worked and under staffed
Brilliant Workplace
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rotherham8 November 2017
Absolutely fabulous place to work, but very limited in job progression and not a lot of direct involvement from higher management tiers. A very diverse albeit small team
Focused environment
Project Officer (Current Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire16 July 2017
Professional people, although quite slow at adapting to changes and struggles with 'forward thinking!' As do most nhs organisations.
Massive, complex organisation.
Excellent place to work
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire28 June 2017
The best place I have worked in Mental Health services. Excellent trained staff and great team work. Opportunities of training of staff and very good induction.
Place of work
Community Mental Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  South Yorkshire12 May 2017
South West Yorkshire Trust has been my employer for a number of years, I work with a great team. Currently the pressures on the NHS are preventing us from giving the service our patients have a right to expect.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Poor management
Good rewarding job
Nursing Assisstant (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire31 January 2017
12 hour days or nights. Escorting clients out into the community, home visits and generally verbally engaging and joining with ward based events. Seeing clients get better mental health and move on to low secure services, home or a community setting. The management is good and listen to you.The staff are friendly and we all work as part of a team.
Pros
Good holidays, time off
Cons
12hr shifts
Good
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire26 January 2017
All in all a good trust to work for.
Good developmental opportunities.
Great staff to work with and good working environment.
Canteen facilities are good and all tastes catered for.
Health Trainer Locality lead (Current Employee) –  Wakefield West10 October 2016
A typical day would include day to day management, general admin and delivering 1-1 sessions in the community, this was looking at healthy lifestyles.
Pros
Flexiable hours
Cons
work load
Don't dare have a day off sick!!!!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield7 June 2016
I was made ill by my job here because when staff leave they don't replace them instead you are expected to as my manager put it "shut up, put up & get on with it" at one stage I was doing my job as well as 2 others they didn't replace all for the same money.
My manager had no idea what I did or how difficult my working day was, my manager didn't even get in touch unless they wanted something. When you complain they tell you to get on with it, when you get ill they say you never told them there were problems!!!! I had to keep every email I sent to my manager as they continually lied & made excuses.
The clients were the best thing about my working day, they were what kept me in a horrible job for such a long time.
You never see management, they never keep you up to date with changes & even when you are off sick with doctors letters, ring, email & visit you at home until they have bullied you into a return to work at which point all the changes they promised never happen.
Cons
Uncaring trust for both staff & clients
Good place to work but poor management
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kendray21 March 2015
Extremely good staff team however poor none clinical management and very little scope to climb the ladder. Good gatekeeping leading to less inappropriate admissions
Pros
good team
Cons
poor managers
rewarding place to work
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wakefield West, ENG16 September 2014
close team work.
Understanding and fair manager.
can be a stressful environment at times, but the nursing team and seeing your input pay off is worth it.
Pros
seeing the progress of patients
Cons
staffing not good at times
A Pleasant Place To Work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnsley21 February 2014
A very pleasant place to work very rewarding and I felt matched to the right job.
Pros
I enjoyed the work.
Cons
I required more assistance to allow a bigger profit for the shop.
A good team to work with
Charge Hand technician electrical (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, ENG13 January 2014
A good set of lads to work with .Got on well with the management but with the occasional blip .Hardest part being at every ones beck and call 24, 7 .Best part job satisfaction .
Cons
on call
very difficult place to work
Care Assistant/Bank Nurse (Former Employee) –  huddersfield13 September 2013
very volatile environment but learnt a lot during my employment there
Pros
free inhouse training sessions
Cons
shift work/long hours
Workplace
(Temporary) Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnsley23 April 2012
A very busy fast pace office, with lots to do!!, alot of multi tasking. A great team. The hardest part was remembering names and unit numbers of children so that it can be accurately inputted onto the system. Did not have one enjoyable part i enjoyed the majority of the work given. I achieved a large knowledge of Speech & Language Therapy.