South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom21 reviews
Employed by SWYT but work day to day for 3rd sector charity Charity place of work not good to work for. not a good work ethic or ethos for staff.
Lots of victimisation and bullying from the 3rd sector
I have worked for newton lodge going on 13years this has been a very satisfying job but until recent years the job has become more demanding also staffing levels always low hours cannot be condensed down to shorter working week as they haven’t enough staff to facilitate this which would make a lot better for my family life
I started as a Phlebotomist and advanced to a HCA within a year.
I left to try another career and have regretted this ever since.

I'd go back tomorrow if things in my life hadn't changed so much.

Management were always available to listen to issues.

I hope to return someday.
Staff that are happy to help and work together to get the job done, very supportive and friendly, loved my time at the trust fantastic energy and people willing to help and support especially from the management team
Stresful enviroment never enough staff for the amount of work that needs to be done

Staff lovely and care for clients wellbeing.

most work as a team but I can say the Trust don't care about their employees wellbeing your just a number .

Once you reach a time where you may struggle with your own health issues they don't care
Pros
Cons
Long hours, short staff daily
Worked for SWYFT for quite some time but eventually I had to get out.

The majority of management diabolical, really did not care about what you had to put up with. Some management quite abusive at times.

Some members of staff (on all levels) working themselves into an early grave whilst others shamelessly take the opportunity to do as little as possible (and get away with it due to management turning a blind eye).

Workloads not always shared out equally.

Witnessed bullying in more than one team.

Shame because many members of staff were really great people but it only takes a few bad eggs to spoil the whole environment.

Procedures changed regularly but not communicated to all staff, therefore some staff getting reprimanded due to those higher up not communicating effectively.

Some staff on lower pay bands than colleagues doing the same roles.

Not a good experience at all.
Pros
The majority of the staff are hardworking and friendly and trying to provide a level of care in difficult situations. The main problem is management do not listen to their workforce. I know money for the NHS is tight but they tell us there is no money available for extra staff and we have to "find time" to do the extra work of the missing colleagues but in my opinion feel they waste money on stupid things - definitely too many meetings.
Cons
Over worked and under staffed
Absolutely fabulous place to work, but very limited in job progression and not a lot of direct involvement from higher management tiers. A very diverse albeit small team
The role was varied and required working with professionals as well as members of the public. The NHS is a good employer with supportive colleagues and parking included which is always a bonus.
Professional people, although quite slow at adapting to changes and struggles with 'forward thinking!' As do most nhs organisations.
Massive, complex organisation.
The best place I have worked in Mental Health services. Excellent trained staff and great team work. Opportunities of training of staff and very good induction.
South West Yorkshire Trust has been my employer for a number of years, I work with a great team. Currently the pressures on the NHS are preventing us from giving the service our patients have a right to expect.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Poor management
All in all a good trust to work for.
Good developmental opportunities.

Great staff to work with and good working environment.

Canteen facilities are good and all tastes catered for.
A typical day would include day to day management, general admin and delivering 1-1 sessions in the community, this was looking at healthy lifestyles.
Pros
Flexiable hours
Cons
work load
I was made ill by my job here because when staff leave they don't replace them instead you are expected to as my manager put it "shut up, put up & get on with it" at one stage I was doing my job as well as 2 others they didn't replace all for the same money.
My manager had no idea what I did or how difficult my working day was, my manager didn't even get in touch unless they wanted something. When you complain they tell you to get on with it, when you get ill they say you never told them there were problems!!!! I had to keep every email I sent to my manager as they continually lied & made excuses.

The clients were the best thing about my working day, they were what kept me in a horrible job for such a long time.

You never see management, they never keep you up to date with changes & even when you are off sick with doctors letters, ring, email & visit you at home until they have bullied you into a return to work at which point all the changes they promised never happen.
Cons
Uncaring trust for both staff & clients
Extremely good staff team however poor none clinical management and very little scope to climb the ladder. Good gatekeeping leading to less inappropriate admissions
Pros
good team
Cons
poor managers
close team work.
Understanding and fair manager.

can be a stressful environment at times, but the nursing team and seeing your input pay off is worth it.
Pros
seeing the progress of patients
Cons
staffing not good at times
A very pleasant place to work very rewarding and I felt matched to the right job.
Pros
I enjoyed the work.
Cons
I required more assistance to allow a bigger profit for the shop.
A good set of lads to work with .Got on well with the management but with the occasional blip .Hardest part being at every ones beck and call 24, 7 .Best part job satisfaction .
Cons
on call
very volatile environment but learnt a lot during my employment there
Pros
free inhouse training sessions
Cons
shift work/long hours
A very busy fast pace office, with lots to do!!, alot of multi tasking. A great team. The hardest part was remembering names and unit numbers of children so that it can be accurately inputted onto the system. Did not have one enjoyable part i enjoyed the majority of the work given. I achieved a large knowledge of Speech & Language Therapy.